Susquehanna International Group, LLP Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Mar 24, 2015
Updated Mar 24, 2015

3.7

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Susquehanna International Group, LLP (Bala Cynwyd, PA) in March 2015.

Interview

Initial 30 minute discussion with HR going over current project and reasons for wanting to make a move, etc. Followed by a coding exam on codility.com. After passing coding exam was a technical phone screen with a developer. Asked impractical technical questions such as implementing a garbage collector - over the phone.

Interview Questions

• How would you implement a garbage collector?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Susquehanna International Group, LLP

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Susquehanna International Group, LLP (Bala Cynwyd, PA) in September 2014.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter in early September, after applying through my college job fair. We had a nice, pleasant interaction over email. She scheduled a phone interview with a general technical interviewer who asked about my prior experiences, why I do computer science, and how to implement a hash table in the most general sense. All went well and I was called again to discuss tech in more detail. I was asked to implement binary searching and a shuffle-sort algorithm, but most of the focus was again (pleasantly) on me and the person behind the code, not the code itself. After that, I had an onsite interview where they wined and dined all day, giving me an all-encompassing view over what they do and how they do it. Tours, meals, and five hours of interviews gave me a pretty good idea about what they wanted and how they wanted it. I think my lack of financial experience didn't matter, despite the financial nature of SIG. It was a good process with lots of check ins and conversations.

Interview Questions

• It was a cool data parsing problem where you took a text file data set and converted it to a usable data structure that was able to answer questions about ranges of data. It also required me to work with huge text files, with entries up to 1 million lines long.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

two phase. first is technical phone interview. They ask few probability questions.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at Susquehanna International Group, LLP (Bala Cynwyd, PA).

Interview

applied through dice and linkedin..recruited contacted me and asked some general questions about my status...and after 2 days scheduled interview with HR lady...she asked questions regarding my exp and employment...for 1hr...and after 3 days Hiring manager called me and interviewed for 35 mins.....after 2 days ...they were impressed and scheduled in person interview in bala Cynwyd,PA,..they booked flight and hotel for me....and in person interview took almost 5 hours ...continuously....2:1 interviews and two 1:1 interviews....without break....all in all it went well....asked questions aobut my exp...and HR questions like why SIG,do you work overtime...? future goals ? how do u fit in this job ? and they spoke lot about their company.....u just need to hear thats it....some technical all in all interview question were easy ...but need to be patient...

Interview Questions

Negotiation

tried to negotiate.....didn't work....not satisfied with salary...but i need this job...

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Susquehanna International Group, LLP (Bala Cynwyd, PA) in October 2010.

Interview

My first round of interview was over the phone, I got call right on time and interviewer was very professional and polite and he knew what exactly he was looking for. He asked a lot of questions about my current role and my roles a responsibilities. I think he did not care abut the kind of technologies I have worked on but his questions were focused on how good of programmer I am in general.

After phone interview I got called for face to face round very next day.

For face to face round I was there for 4-5 hours and they gave me free lunch as well. The whole interview consisted of me sitting in a interview room and different people coming in from various teams and asking questions. In the end there was an IQ test which I guess went well because they very next day I got an offer. All in all it was a very pleasant experience.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I knew what kind of salary they were offering for the role I was interviewing for So I knew what was I going to get if I get through.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Susquehanna International Group, LLP (Philadelphia, PA) in June 2010.

Interview

Applied online and contacted by HR for phone screening. She asked me some questions on my resume, probability and my interest in the POKER (Yes they really want you to understand POKER). Then got the first telephonic technical screening. Questions were based on C, JAVA and Relational Database. the guy on the phone was really co-operative. I got stucked at couple of occasions while writing algorithm but he was eager to track my thinking processes when i was writing the algorithm.

Interview Questions

• How to reverse the link list?   1 Answer
    • Dynamic binding, Threading, Problems in Threading, Virtual method   Answer Question
    • User center design, ER diagram, Join, Outer Join, Integrity constrains   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Susquehanna International Group, LLP.

Interview

Phone Interview #1:
    With recruiter, she might throw in a curve ball math questions though it was mostly behavioral.

Phone Interview #2:
    Write SQL Code: Simple Multiple Select from a database. using AVG() for one of the selections.

The SQL is slow, how do you optimize it?

Time when you did something unique that differentiated you from other CS ppl.

Other algorithm/math based questions i cannot remember.

Interview Questions

• Just know your basic probability and statistics (Bayes Rule, etc). Brush up on algorithms and data structures.   Answer Question

Declined final office visit because I already verbally accepted at another firm a few days prior. Although this would have been a great opportunity, I found it hard to see a structured career path in the company when I get older in the future.

Great company though. One of the only ones I've come across with entry level work on trading systems which is awesome.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

The process took a weekinterviewed at Susquehanna International Group, LLP in July 2010.

Interview

A screening from the recruiter, general behavior questions.

Interview Questions

• Why do you choose software development as your career?   Answer Question