Susquehanna International Group, LLP

www.sig.com

Susquehanna International Group, LLP Software Engineer Interview Questions & Reviews

Average Difficulty
6 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at Susquehanna International Group, LLP

Interview Details – two phase. first is technical phone interview. They ask few probability questions.

Bala Cynwyd, PA

I applied online and the process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at Susquehanna International Group, LLP.

Interview Details – applied through dice and linkedin..recruited contacted me and asked some general questions about my status...and after 2 days scheduled interview with HR lady...she asked questions regarding my exp and employment...for 1hr...and after 3 days Hiring manager called me and interviewed for 35 mins.....after 2 days ...they were impressed and scheduled in person interview in bala Cynwyd,PA,..they booked flight and hotel for me....and in person interview took almost 5 hours ...continuously....2:1 interviews and two 1:1 interviews....without break....all in all it went well....asked questions aobut my exp...and HR questions like why SIG,do you work overtime...? future goals ? how do u fit in this job ? and they spoke lot about their company.....u just need to hear thats it....some technical all in all interview question were easy ...but need to be patient...

Interview Question – nothing   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – tried to negotiate.....didn't work....not satisfied with salary...but i need this job...

Bala Cynwyd, PA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Susquehanna International Group, LLP in October 2010.

Interview Details – My first round of interview was over the phone, I got call right on time and interviewer was very professional and polite and he knew what exactly he was looking for. He asked a lot of questions about my current role and my roles a responsibilities. I think he did not care abut the kind of technologies I have worked on but his questions were focused on how good of programmer I am in general.

After phone interview I got called for face to face round very next day.

For face to face round I was there for 4-5 hours and they gave me free lunch as well. The whole interview consisted of me sitting in a interview room and different people coming in from various teams and asking questions. In the end there was an IQ test which I guess went well because they very next day I got an offer. All in all it was a very pleasant experience.

Interview Question – How good are you on evaluating yourself?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I knew what kind of salary they were offering for the role I was interviewing for So I knew what was I going to get if I get through.

Philadelphia, PA

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Susquehanna International Group, LLP in June 2010.

Interview Details – Applied online and contacted by HR for phone screening. She asked me some questions on my resume, probability and my interest in the POKER (Yes they really want you to understand POKER). Then got the first telephonic technical screening. Questions were based on C, JAVA and Relational Database. the guy on the phone was really co-operative. I got stucked at couple of occasions while writing algorithm but he was eager to track my thinking processes when i was writing the algorithm.

Interview Questions

Very Difficult Interview

Software Engineer

I applied online and interviewed at Susquehanna International Group, LLP.

Interview Details – Phone Interview #1:
With recruiter, she might throw in a curve ball math questions though it was mostly behavioral.

Phone Interview #2:
Write SQL Code: Simple Multiple Select from a database. using AVG() for one of the selections.

The SQL is slow, how do you optimize it?

Time when you did something unique that differentiated you from other CS ppl.

Other algorithm/math based questions i cannot remember.

Interview Question – Just know your basic probability and statistics (Bayes Rule, etc). Brush up on algorithms and data structures.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Declined final office visit because I already verbally accepted at another firm a few days prior. Although this would have been a great opportunity, I found it hard to see a structured career path in the company when I get older in the future.

Great company though. One of the only ones I've come across with entry level work on trading systems which is awesome.

Software Engineer

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Susquehanna International Group, LLP in July 2010.

Interview Details – A screening from the recruiter, general behavior questions.

Interview Question – Why do you choose software development as your career?   Answer Question

Worked for Susquehanna International Group, LLP? Contribute to the Community!