Susquehanna International Group, LLP

Getting the Interview

5 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at Susquehanna International Group, LLP

Interview Details – It started out with a couple phone interviews. The questions were very standard and simple. The third round they fly you out to Philadelphia and interview you for an hour just yourself, then interview about 3 or 4 interviewees at the same time.

Interview Question – They gave me a table containing n^n power for n = 1-10, asked me to compute 7.5^7.5 in 3 minutes, and give a 10% confidence interval.   View Answer

Trader

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Susquehanna International Group, LLP.

Interview Details – I turned in my resume during school employment convention, got email one week later.
I did well on 2 phone interview and went to Philly for in-person interview.
Nothing particular about interviews... Pretty much same as other trading companies' interview.
Interviewers are nice, too...

Interview Question – Few probability questions including Torpedo(I heard some of my friends also had this question), which calculates the probability of the target being sunk. They are mostly about Bayes Theorem.   Answer Question

Philadelphia, PA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Susquehanna International Group, LLP in January 2010.

Interview Details – The interview was 30 minutes long. 15 minutes of resume review and 15 minutes of math problems. The interviewer was very curt during the resume review, and asked only very surface questions and never asked me to expound on a topic in detail. There were was one combinatorics problem and one expected value problem. The interviewer told me that I got both questions correct, but a week later I was informed that they were not interested in me.

Interview Question – What is the expected value to you of the following game: You and another person have 3 coins each. You both flip all of your coins and if your three coins show the same number of tails as the other person, you pay them $2, otherwise they pay you $1.   View Answers (4)

Trader

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Susquehanna International Group, LLP in February 2012.

Interview Details – Interview Process was difficult but fair.. Very heavily quantitatively based with strong ephasis on mental arithmitic and probability theory.. Cosnisted of two phone interviews with maths testing and a 1:1 Interview with more difficult maths testing.. Ensure you are well oiled with mental probability and have an interest in strategy games such as poker.. Knowledge on financial markets was not essential with the imperative being numerical aptitudes.. Great company and good people..

Interview Question – What is the expected value of the roll of two dice..   View Answer

Trader Interview

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Susquehanna International Group, LLP in October 2010.

Interview Details – My first interview with SIG was at my school. The interview consisted of some questions like why would you want to work at SIG and why trading in general. After that they asked me some probably questions dealing with rolling multiple dice and different types of gambling games. It mainly involved finding the expected value of each and determining which would be the most profitable to play. After this i received a second interview over the phone. It was similar to the first in terms of probability but it was a little more trading related. The guy who interviewed me first was pretty friendly and a cool guy and was really into poker so making sure you know how to play before an interview could potentially help out with some questions.

Interview Question – They asked me about the expected value of rolling one dice if you get the amount of money shown by the number that comes up. They then gave me the chance to roll it twice, but if you roll the second time you cant keep the value of the first. They then gave me the choice of rolling the dice three times. After this they gave me a chart which had different poker tournaments that i could join. each tournament had a specific entry fee, reward pot and probability to win and they wanted me to explain how to gauge the risk against potential profits.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Susquehanna International Group, LLP

Worked for Susquehanna International Group, LLP? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Susquehanna International Group, LLP Trader interview questions and advice. All 5 interview reviews posted anonymously by Susquehanna International Group, LLP employees and interview candidates.