Sutherland Global Services

www.sutherlandglobal.com

Sutherland Global Services Customer Service Representative Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Jul 18, 2014

Average Difficulty
9 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Remote, OR

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Sutherland Global Services in June 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online and several months later received an email asking if I was interested in a tech support position. I responded and was sent to their job testing site. That was pretty easy. It was all online and a lot of simulation. There was also a telephone type voice test. Again pretty easy.

Interview Question – The questions were pretty standard. How would you handle a disgruntled customer, how do you handle a bill inquiry, etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I accepted and went through the orientation but quit before I could do the job shadowing. The assignment was not for me. The pay was standard. Training rate was $8.50 production rate was $9.50 and if you met goal you could get another 50 cents per hour. No negotiation. The pay is standard for all applicants.

Very Easy Interview

Customer Service Representative

I applied online and interviewed at Sutherland Global Services.

Interview Details – pretty standard interview questions

Interview Question – there was none   Answer Question

Rochester, NY

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Sutherland Global Services in March 2011.

Interview Details – If you get an interview with this company, you can rest assure that you pretty much got the job.
The interviewer explained about the job and 2 week training and asked some general questions. I got stumped on a question and she described it in another way. You will get hired on the spot and asked to come to training. You will sign a hirirng paper with the current starting wage.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate, but I encourage others to do so- especially if you have college education or relevant experience in the field.

Rochester, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Sutherland Global Services in February 2009.

Interview Details – I was referred by my roommate and interviewed for a position on his program. The interview took place in the office where the program was housed, and consisted of a one on one chat with a program supervisor. I was not offered a position with that program but was referred to a different program better suited for my skill set. I was offered a position with that program after interviewing with the program manager. I was then immediately drug tested with a mouth swab and given an initial training start date. The interview process was free wheeling and laid back, and very accessible. The people were open and friendly in both cases and inquisitive about me and my life.

Interview Question – Describe one mistake you've made that you regret, and what you learned from your mistake.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I accepted the offer as presented without negotiating, as the offer was satisfactory for the work indicated.

Chennai (India)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Sutherland Global Services in July 2010.

Interview Details – Every interview process will be on sutherland website. It will be easy.

Interview Question – There is no difficult one in the interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Be specific in your thoughts and be courageous.

Customer Service Representative
Pili, Camarines Sur (Philippines)

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Sutherland Global Services in November 2012.

Interview Details – be confident with your answers and make sure you have a sense when it comes to answering all of the question and another it is better to choose your degree as a field of work in order for you to easily adopt on the chosen field/work

Interview Question – about handling an irate client   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative
Carmona, Province of Cavite (Philippines)

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Sutherland Global Services in May 2011.

Interview Details – First I was interviewed at Carmona, Cavite and was instructed to go to Taguig office for exam and final interview. After passing everything i was asked to sign a job offer.

Interview Question – How can you make me buy a Mobile Phone?   View Answers (2)

Negotiation Details – Salary, informed that offer is different from other accounts

Customer Services Representative Interview

Customer Services Representative
Chennai (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Sutherland Global Services in January 2012.

Interview Details – The interview was sumwat easy.

Interview Question – About designing circuits?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Customer Services Representative Interview

Customer Services Representative
Windsor, ON (Canada)

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Sutherland Global Services in April 2010.

Interview Details – I walked in the door to hand off a resume and was told I need to complete an online application and that I could do so there if I had the time. I was escorted into the building which seemed very disorganized and unclean. I was seated at a broken chair for 40 minutes to complete my application.

The computer software they use is filled with odd glitches and did not populate correctly on the screen. There was nobody available to ask for clarification about their software which was showing multiple choice questions and answers appearing garbled and missing data.

Despite having an extensive background in the industry, I was refused a position. Many poorly dressed employees who looked practically homeless told me "they hire anyone here". That is not the case. One of the primary sections of the application asks you what government assistance programs you are enrolled in. My general impression was that they are running some sort of call center sweat shop focused on hiring from a very low socio-economic bracket and receive a paid incentive for hiring applicants on welfare.

I would not recommend applying here if you are above average intelligence or not on social assistance, as it seems you will be filtered out in favor of more desperate employees.

Interview Question – Which government programs are you currently enrolled within?   View Answer

Worked for Sutherland Global Services? Contribute to the Community!