Sutherland Global Services Customer Service Representative Interview Questions

Updated Aug 22, 2015

2.0

Customer Service Representative Interview

Interview

They begged me for months to interview. When I did, they wasted my time. They put you through an assessment that has nothing to do with the position they said was available. They asked for access to my computer which involved me changing settings but then did not provide information on how to undo the setting changes. They did not provide a contact phone number and basically ignored me when I asked questions. Turns out the position they told me I was applying for did not actually exist.

Interview Questions

• There was a lengthy assessment that seemed to focus on tech support, however I did not apply for a tech support position. They say the assessment was only 45 minutes, but it is really 2 hours. This was a red flag. If they are not willing to be honest about the assessment time, I can only imagine how dishonest they would be about other aspects of employment.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Sutherland Global Services

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sutherland Global Services (Houston, TX) in October 2014.

Interview

Breif straight to the point and over the phone. It was a hire on the spot type of deal. I saw it as a post on facebook. It was the easiest interview I ever had

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to work between 7 am and 8 pm   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiations it was 15.90 /hr and The highest Ive ever been paid

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sutherland Global Services (Houston, TX) in October 2014.

Interview

The interview process was non existent. I was told to arrive for an interview at which time I was drug tested along with 30 other people. After an hour, I was given a formal job offer and told to report back for orientation in 4 days. Very disorganized.

Interview Questions

• They asked if I had any medical office or medical certification.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Sutherland Global Services (Rochester, NY) in August 2014.

Interview

You apply online. They test your computer. They give you a list of interview questions and then you call and record your voice saying the answers. Then I got a call the next day with an offer.

Negotiation

No negotiation. They told me it was $8.50 for 5 weeks of training then $9 after that.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Telephone, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sutherland Global Services (Telephone, TX) in July 2014.

Interview

I applied online, took the virtual assessment, received a call back within a week but kept missing the interviewer. She left message to confirm if I was interested. I called back left message said I was and was signed up for training.

Interview Questions

• Virtual interview allowed me to role play different scenarios.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Remote, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sutherland Global Services (Remote, OR) in June 2014.

Interview

I applied online and several months later received an email asking if I was interested in a tech support position. I responded and was sent to their job testing site. That was pretty easy. It was all online and a lot of simulation. There was also a telephone type voice test. Again pretty easy.

Interview Questions

• The questions were pretty standard. How would you handle a disgruntled customer, how do you handle a bill inquiry, etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I accepted and went through the orientation but quit before I could do the job shadowing. The assignment was not for me. The pay was standard. Training rate was $8.50 production rate was $9.50 and if you met goal you could get another 50 cents per hour. No negotiation. The pay is standard for all applicants.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sutherland Global Services (Rochester, NY) in June 2014.

Interview

The interview process is very character oriented. They access your character first before they access your qualifications. Interview was relaxing with a personal vibe. I was asked questions like how do you feel about sales? How do you react to angry customers?

Interview Questions

• Most difficult question was" why are you planning to leave your current employer?" I replied, Keeping my options open right now. I feel my current employer is holding me back from my true potential and thus preventing me from progressing further.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sutherland Global Services.

Interview

pretty standard interview questions

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sutherland Global Services (Rochester, NY) in April 2012.

Interview

Come in be asked questions like what customer service means to me and show that I am ambitious then give a drug test of just a mouth swab. I was given time of listening to calls on the floor and seeing what the reps do. I was told I would sit in for half an hour but after almost 2 hours had to find my interviewer who forgot about me.

Interview Questions

• Where do I see myself in 5 years   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sutherland Global Services (Rochester, NY) in March 2011.

Interview

If you get an interview with this company, you can rest assure that you pretty much got the job. The interviewer explained about the job and 2 week training and asked some general questions. I got stumped on a question and she described it in another way. You will get hired on the spot and asked to come to training. You will sign a hirirng paper with the current starting wage.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I did not negotiate, but I encourage others to do so- especially if you have college education or relevant experience in the field.