Sutherland Global Services

2.4

9 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Remote, OR
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Remote, OR

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Sutherland Global Services in June 2014.

I applied online and several months later received an email asking if I was interested in a tech support position. I responded and was sent to their job testing site. That was pretty easy. It was all online and a lot of simulation. There was also a telephone type voice test. Again pretty easy.

Interview Questions
  • The questions were pretty standard. How would you handle a disgruntled customer, how do you handle a bill inquiry, etc.   Answer Question
I accepted and went through the orientation but quit before I could do the job shadowing. The assignment was not for me. The pay was standard. Training rate was $8.50 production rate was $9.50 and if you met goal you could get another 50 cents per hour. No negotiation. The pay is standard for all applicants.

Other Interview Reviews for Sutherland Global Services

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Sutherland Global Services.

pretty standard interview questions

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Rochester, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Sutherland Global Services in March 2011.

If you get an interview with this company, you can rest assure that you pretty much got the job.
    The interviewer explained about the job and 2 week training and asked some general questions. I got stumped on a question and she described it in another way. You will get hired on the spot and asked to come to training. You will sign a hirirng paper with the current starting wage.

Interview Questions
    I did not negotiate, but I encourage others to do so- especially if you have college education or relevant experience in the field.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Rochester, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Sutherland Global Services in February 2009.

I was referred by my roommate and interviewed for a position on his program. The interview took place in the office where the program was housed, and consisted of a one on one chat with a program supervisor. I was not offered a position with that program but was referred to a different program better suited for my skill set. I was offered a position with that program after interviewing with the program manager. I was then immediately drug tested with a mouth swab and given an initial training start date. The interview process was free wheeling and laid back, and very accessible. The people were open and friendly in both cases and inquisitive about me and my life.

Interview Questions
    • Describe one mistake you've made that you regret, and what you learned from your mistake.   View Answer
    I accepted the offer as presented without negotiating, as the offer was satisfactory for the work indicated.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chennai (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Sutherland Global Services in July 2010.

Every interview process will be on sutherland website. It will be easy.

Interview Questions
    Be specific in your thoughts and be courageous.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Pili, Camarines Sur (Philippines)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pili, Camarines Sur (Philippines)

I applied in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Sutherland Global Services in November 2012.

be confident with your answers and make sure you have a sense when it comes to answering all of the question and another it is better to choose your degree as a field of work in order for you to easily adopt on the chosen field/work

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Carmona, Province of Cavite (Philippines)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carmona, Province of Cavite (Philippines)

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Sutherland Global Services in May 2011.

First I was interviewed at Carmona, Cavite and was instructed to go to Taguig office for exam and final interview. After passing everything i was asked to sign a job offer.

Interview Questions
    Salary, informed that offer is different from other accounts

Customer Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chennai (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Sutherland Global Services in January 2012.

The interview was sumwat easy.

Customer Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Windsor, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Windsor, ON (Canada)

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Sutherland Global Services in April 2010.

I walked in the door to hand off a resume and was told I need to complete an online application and that I could do so there if I had the time. I was escorted into the building which seemed very disorganized and unclean. I was seated at a broken chair for 40 minutes to complete my application.

The computer software they use is filled with odd glitches and did not populate correctly on the screen. There was nobody available to ask for clarification about their software which was showing multiple choice questions and answers appearing garbled and missing data.

Despite having an extensive background in the industry, I was refused a position. Many poorly dressed employees who looked practically homeless told me "they hire anyone here". That is not the case. One of the primary sections of the application asks you what government assistance programs you are enrolled in. My general impression was that they are running some sort of call center sweat shop focused on hiring from a very low socio-economic bracket and receive a paid incentive for hiring applicants on welfare.

I would not recommend applying here if you are above average intelligence or not on social assistance, as it seems you will be filtered out in favor of more desperate employees.

Interview Questions
    • Which government programs are you currently enrolled within?   View Answer

Worked for Sutherland Global Services? Contribute to the Community!