Sutherland Global Services Interview Questions

Updated Apr 22, 2015

2.6

Interview

They begged me for months to interview. When I did, they wasted my time. They put you through an assessment that has nothing to do with the position they said was available. They asked for access to my computer which involved me changing settings but then did not provide information on how to undo the setting changes. They did not provide a contact phone number and basically ignored me when I asked questions. Turns out the position they told me I was applying for did not actually exist.

Interview Questions

• There was a lengthy assessment that seemed to focus on tech support, however I did not apply for a tech support position. They say the assessment was only 45 minutes, but it is really 2 hours. This was a red flag. If they are not willing to be honest about the assessment time, I can only imagine how dishonest they would be about other aspects of employment.   1 Answer

Business Controller Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Sutherland Global Services (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

Applied for one job and phone screening done. That position was filled but screening notes were passed to Finance, which expressed an interest in my skill set for another position. Telephone interview was conducted by respective VP and AVP. Went fairly well (I hope) and face to face now scheduled.

Interview Questions

• Ability to work in matrix organization - how to deal with inevitable reporting conflicts?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Sutherland Global Services in March 2015.

Interview

Application process included a tech check on your equipment and internet speed, personality assessment, IQ, basic English a few tech questions, and a typing test. After submitting this portion, you wait for an email that let's you know whether you can proceed with the virtual interview or they aren't interested.

Mortgage Underwriter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Sutherland Global Services (Houston, TX) in February 2015.

Interview

Pointless, first and only question was what my income requirements were? I said based on my experience and credentials 75k + to start, and he did not ask any more questions but rather just read my resume and said that we would be in touch soon. That was six weeks ago. I just learned they don't pay anything north of 55k-60k. No wonder the guy was so eager ti get rid of me.

ADP SBS District Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Sutherland Global Services.

Interview

They will hire anyone that can have a conversation. They will tell you what the top ppl make but never tell you that the program is set up so that only 4 ppl can be in that Top Bucket, and you won't move up unless ppl ahead of you quit or die.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They can give a higher salary than they are telling you (+2k). You can also negotiate a guarantee on commissions for the first 6 mos.

Work From Home Customer Service Interview

Interview

The assessment was LENGTHY. Some of the questions were difficult and some tricky. Pay close attention to how they are worded. A large portion of the assessment included questions that are completely irrelevant to a customer service position i.e. geometry, word puzzles, what comes next in the series of pictures etc. The answer to one particular question gave you 4 possible answers to choose from, 3 of which were TRUE! I just ended up taking a stab at it. On top of all this, it said that it would take you approximately 45 minutes to complete the assessment...are you kidding me?!!! This is not at all accurate. In addition, the job posting said nothing about having to have your computer hard wired during the time you are taking their assessment!! I was using wi-fi when I started it, arrgg! I ended up having to move my PC into another room so that I could hard wire it. Thankfully, they do send you an email once you begin the process that allows you to link back up to the assessment and continue where you left off (basically). Next up, a virtual interview. I have not yet completed this process.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Sutherland Global Services (Rochester, NY) in December 2014.

Interview

Walked into a job fair, they did a 60 minute presentation of possible opportunities and advancements, did a short interview with recruiter, they asked about experiences in your past employment, did a quick 10 minute drug test with a cotton swab in your mouth, gave me a formal offer and got hired on spot

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Senior Team Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Sutherland Global Services.

Interview

Was a series of interviews with HR, Account Manager, Sr. Account Manager, Sr Director, and Client. The process was a set of interviews and a 90 plan of action on what would I do to increase client KPI's. The panel interview and presentation was tough as there were many direct questions, and tense due to the state of the business.

Interview Questions

• Presenting a 90 game plan on what I would do to improve the company performance.   Answer Question

Work At Home Agent Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Sutherland Global Services in October 2014.

Interview

Most of the process was answering questions online, I remembered receiving several emails for skills testing and system capabilities. Once the technical interview portion, all on my pace was completed, I was contacted via email for a phone interview.I did a phone interview found out immediately I got the job, within the next few days HR paperwork came in.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Salary was stated

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Sutherland Global Services (Rochester, NY) in August 2014.

Interview

You apply online. They test your computer. They give you a list of interview questions and then you call and record your voice saying the answers. Then I got a call the next day with an offer.

Negotiation

No negotiation. They told me it was $8.50 for 5 weeks of training then $9 after that.