Sutherland Global Services Interview Questions

Updated Aug 30, 2015

2.6

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sutherland Global Services.

Interview

I applied online with my resume and cover letter. I am highly experienced in this field and was excited to begin the interview process. The next day I was emailed and sent a "virtual interview" in which I was asked the question "Is $9.00/hr acceptable?" and when I answered "no", I immediately got a rejection email. I am worth more than $9/hr and I guess this company wants employees who are not.

Interview Questions

• Please explain how you will be able to work if you have an Internet outage or a Power outage at your residence.   Answer Question

Technical Support Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sutherland Global Services.

Interview

The interview was a virtual one consisting of questions that you answer online and questions that you call and record an answer to. I never had to speak with anyone in person.

Interview Questions

Interview

Pretty easy interview. It really wasn't hard at all. I am pretty sure they hire everyone who gets an interview based off my experience. My training class was full of people who have no business in sales. Seems like they just hire everybody and let the chips fall where they may. I was hired in the same group as 30+ people. Within two months only 7 of us were left.

Interview Questions

• Name a situation where you had to give great customer service.   Answer Question

Technical Support Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sutherland Global Services (New York, NY) in July 2015.

Interview

The interview process was quick and easy. Because it is work at home everything was done over the phone. The recruiter was very nice and professional and made you feel comfortable with the interview process. It' is nothing hard and because it's customer services related it's relatable. They also check your Internet to make sure it is fast enough to run their applications.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle an angry customer?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. You must be flilexible and can work any shift.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Interview

They begged me for months to interview. When I did, they wasted my time. They put you through an assessment that has nothing to do with the position they said was available. They asked for access to my computer which involved me changing settings but then did not provide information on how to undo the setting changes. They did not provide a contact phone number and basically ignored me when I asked questions. Turns out the position they told me I was applying for did not actually exist.

Interview Questions

• There was a lengthy assessment that seemed to focus on tech support, however I did not apply for a tech support position. They say the assessment was only 45 minutes, but it is really 2 hours. This was a red flag. If they are not willing to be honest about the assessment time, I can only imagine how dishonest they would be about other aspects of employment.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Sutherland Global Services (New York, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

Very inviting, personable, comfortable, and really just asked questions about prior jobs and why I would be a good fit. Confirmed application and resume info and also availability. The interview that was called the final interview was really just confirming what I had on my resume and then they offered me the position immediately on the phone after all the questions and explaining the company and benefits to me.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle calls that come in from upset customers?   Answer Question

Business Controller Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sutherland Global Services (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

Applied for one job and phone screening done. That position was filled but screening notes were passed to Finance, which expressed an interest in my skill set for another position. Telephone interview was conducted by respective VP and AVP. Went fairly well (I hope) and face to face now scheduled.

Interview Questions

• Ability to work in matrix organization - how to deal with inevitable reporting conflicts?   Answer Question

AOL Technical Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Syracuse, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sutherland Global Services (Syracuse, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

Went into the office, answered a few simple questions regarding technical information such as computers and devices. It was a rather simple process and they offered me a job on the spot, as they did with 10 other people. Busines-casual dress is required by the company, and it is in a secure office. I went into a room with an interviewer and just talked a bit and answered a few questions that were simple and easy.

Interview Questions

• What are three devices used to turn a TV into a smart TV.   1 Answer

Technical Support Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sutherland Global Services (Chicago, IL) in April 2015.

Interview

There was an online assessment that took a little over an hour to complete. I received an email the next day requesting a phone interview. After about 10minutes on the phone with a slight review of the position I was made an offer of employment.

Interview Questions

• Do you have a stable HSI connection ? Do you have a POTs phone line (plain old telephone) ?   1 Answer

Work At Home Customer Service Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Sutherland Global Services in March 2015.

Interview

Application process included a tech check on your equipment and internet speed, personality assessment, IQ, basic English a few tech questions, and a typing test. After submitting this portion, you wait for an email that let's you know whether you can proceed with the virtual interview or they aren't interested.