Sutherland Global Services

Relevance Date Difficulty

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative
Remote, OR

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Sutherland Global Services in June 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online and several months later received an email asking if I was interested in a tech support position. I responded and was sent to their job testing site. That was pretty easy. It was all online and a lot of simulation. There was also a telephone type voice test. Again pretty easy.

Interview Question – The questions were pretty standard. How would you handle a disgruntled customer, how do you handle a bill inquiry, etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I accepted and went through the orientation but quit before I could do the job shadowing. The assignment was not for me. The pay was standard. Training rate was $8.50 production rate was $9.50 and if you met goal you could get another 50 cents per hour. No negotiation. The pay is standard for all applicants.

Very Easy Interview

Technical Support Representative Interview

Technical Support Representative

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Sutherland Global Services.

Interview Details – Very easy. First round was with a recruiter who just wanted to get the basics. Second round was with the hiring manager who was late calling me, but was sweet and apologetic.

Interview Question – Do you show empathy even if the customer's concern doesn't really call for empathy? For instance, customer calls in to tell you that they love your product.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Logistics Consultant Interview

Logistics Consultant
Rochester, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Sutherland Global Services in June 2010.

Interview Details – In depth assessment of skill match and personality comparability. Quite functional.

Interview Question – None that I remember   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No Negotiation

ATT Uverse/Work At Home Interview

ATT Uverse/Work At Home
Orlando, FL

I applied online - interviewed at Sutherland Global Services in February 2014.

Interview Details – I was just called by a woman explaining a position available to me, and she hung up or was disconnected while I was talking to her. It's been over 15 minutes and she has my number and did not call back. I can only assume she hung up on me.

Associate Vice President Interview

Associate Vice President

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 months - interviewed at Sutherland Global Services.

Interview Details – Incredibly drawn out. Many interviews over many months.

Negotiation Details – Pretty standard. Sutherland checks candidates' prior 2 years tax returns to use as basis for negotiating comp. Will negotiate base and performance bonus.
I forgot to include in prior section: Sutherland is very stingy with travel expenses. At all employee levels you will be expected to stay at $90/night hotels and have to provide receipts for every single expense, regardless of how small in order to be reimbursed. Office space is also pretty sparse. I personally found it only mildly annoying, but this could be a big deal for some.

Insurance Sales Representative Interview

Insurance Sales Representative

I applied in-person and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Sutherland Global Services.

Interview Details – I had three interiews and on the third I was introduced tot he human resourcces manger that lacks a genuine personality, which i can assume this is why she is not in sales.

Interview Question – nothing was difficult aboutthe interview process because of my knowledge of the industry. The whole process was pretty much textbook.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They were a bit vague and misleading about the company and salary I would recieve.

Consultant Interview

Consultant
Rochester, NY

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Sutherland Global Services in May 2011.

Interview Details – Hiring process was average. nothing really that you cant answer. the questions that were asked to better suit the needs for the program you are applying for.

Interview Question – What is you personal weakness, and do you work better indepedently or on a group   Answer Question

Tech Support Interview

Tech Support

I applied online and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Sutherland Global Services.

Interview Details – everything done via email and phone calls takes awhile before you hear anything but when you do it goes fast

Interview Question – there is no hard questions at all   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – none they offered you a job and said this is what it pays

Very Easy Interview

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative

I applied online and interviewed at Sutherland Global Services.

Interview Details – pretty standard interview questions

Interview Question – there was none   Answer Question

Commissioned Sales Associate Interview

Commissioned Sales Associate
Rochester, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Sutherland Global Services in November 2009.

Interview Details – Call for preliminary interview including basic questions and assessment to assist in program placement.

Interview Question – Fairly typical questions, expect questions directly based off of what you will be doing.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – they hand you an offer letter with all the details, you accept or not.

Worked for Sutherland Global Services? Contribute to the Community!