Sutherland Global Services

111 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Logistics Consultant Interview

Rochester, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Sutherland Global Services in June 2010.

Interview Details – In depth assessment of skill match and personality comparability. Quite functional.

Interview Question – None that I remember   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No Negotiation

ATT Uverse/Work At Home Interview

Orlando, FL

I applied online - interviewed at Sutherland Global Services in February 2014.

Interview Details – I was just called by a woman explaining a position available to me, and she hung up or was disconnected while I was talking to her. It's been over 15 minutes and she has my number and did not call back. I can only assume she hung up on me.

Associate Vice President Interview

Associate Vice President

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 months - interviewed at Sutherland Global Services.

Interview Details – Incredibly drawn out. Many interviews over many months.

Negotiation Details – Pretty standard. Sutherland checks candidates' prior 2 years tax returns to use as basis for negotiating comp. Will negotiate base and performance bonus.
I forgot to include in prior section: Sutherland is very stingy with travel expenses. At all employee levels you will be expected to stay at $90/night hotels and have to provide receipts for every single expense, regardless of how small in order to be reimbursed. Office space is also pretty sparse. I personally found it only mildly annoying, but this could be a big deal for some.

Insurance Sales Representative Interview

I applied in-person and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Sutherland Global Services.

Interview Details – I had three interiews and on the third I was introduced tot he human resourcces manger that lacks a genuine personality, which i can assume this is why she is not in sales.

Interview Question – nothing was difficult aboutthe interview process because of my knowledge of the industry. The whole process was pretty much textbook.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They were a bit vague and misleading about the company and salary I would recieve.

Consultant Interview

Rochester, NY

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Sutherland Global Services in May 2011.

Interview Details – Hiring process was average. nothing really that you cant answer. the questions that were asked to better suit the needs for the program you are applying for.

Interview Question – What is you personal weakness, and do you work better indepedently or on a group   Answer Question

Tech Support Interview

Tech Support

I applied online and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Sutherland Global Services.

Interview Details – everything done via email and phone calls takes awhile before you hear anything but when you do it goes fast

Interview Question – there is no hard questions at all   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – none they offered you a job and said this is what it pays

Very Easy Interview

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative

I applied online and interviewed at Sutherland Global Services.

Interview Details – pretty standard interview questions

Interview Question – there was none   Answer Question

Commissioned Sales Associate Interview

Rochester, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Sutherland Global Services in November 2009.

Interview Details – Call for preliminary interview including basic questions and assessment to assist in program placement.

Interview Question – Fairly typical questions, expect questions directly based off of what you will be doing.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – they hand you an offer letter with all the details, you accept or not.

Technical Support Consultant Interview

Technical Support Consultant
Rochester, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Sutherland Global Services in December 2009.

Interview Details – Begin by looking for opportunities / openings at company site www.sutherlandglobal.com;
There will likely be aptitude assessments to be completed;
Generally there are preliminary, online applications required;
Followup telephone calls to Recruiters can sometimes be helpful;
Nearly every applicant will get a call from someone in recruiting

Interview Question – The question for which the applicant most likely needs to be most prepared to provide a well-reasoned answer has to do with availability to work. Many projects for which this global premier outsourcing firm needs to hire employees to be available cover the company's commitment to cover a 24 X 7 schedule all 52 weeks of each year. If one can't be there when the job is required to be done, then the company reasonably cannot afford to hire that applicant.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – SGS' requirements are pretty much governed by what its client has contracted to buy from Sutherland, and that will have been pretty well spelled out in the job description. I found Sutherland to be very sensitive to constraints I had regarding when my spouse could let me work and Sutherland was also sometimes reasonable in allowing me to keep my commitments for travel that had been arranged years in advance. By the time an offer was actually presented in writing, the negotiating is already over. Not every application I made and not every negotiation I entered resulted in an offer.

Very Easy Interview

Sales Interview

Rochester, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Sutherland Global Services in February 2012.

Interview Details – It was the easiest interview I've been on. The interviewer didn't ask me any behavioral questions. The hardest question was to name three aspects of my life I am working on, which caught me off gaurd. It's very simple - talk about your sales experience (even if it's limited to being a waitress/bartender)

Interview Question – Name three aspects of your life you're currently working on?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Sutherland Global Services

Worked for Sutherland Global Services? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Sutherland Global Services interview questions and advice. All 111 interview reviews posted anonymously by Sutherland Global Services employees and interview candidates.