Sutherland Global Services

2.7

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Syracuse, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Syracuse, NY

I interviewed online. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Sutherland Global Services in October 2010.

The hiring and interview process is actually good. They tell you right then and there if you're hired or not. They try to make the interview stress free for the applicant by making a few jokes here and there depending on the person who is interviewing you,

Work At Home Consultant Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Sutherland Global Services.

I applied online and was sent an e-mail stating that they were interested in me completing a detailed profile. After completing the profile I was sent a link to take an additional assessment. This tested the suitability of my computer to support their system as per their computer requirements. After successfully passing that aspect it took me to another assessment that tested my ability to do calculations as well as most appropriate responses to different customer service questions. A few days later I received an email with a virtual interview. It prompted me to write down my answers to select questions while some would be random. When i was ready for the interview I received the call and replied yo questions asked. It gave the opportunity to rerecord answers if you weren't satisfied with the answer. A few days later I received a call with a job offer.

Sales Consultant Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Sutherland Global Services in July 2014.

When you manage to first fill out an Application, there will be two separate assessment test. The first one is the Basic Personality you see on EVERY job Application. The second one, is timed, and the Questions are truly Endless. The purpose is to see how many right answers you can get in the time allotment. For me, when it was done, the recruiter called me 2 Hours later for an Overview of the Job and Screening of the applicant. This purpose I extremely appreciate, because they basically describe the job and pay before scheduling the Interview; this saves time & gas, just in case it's a position you're not interested in.
    After that - It's an interview with the Department Manager, and you're pretty much in from there if you pass a skills test (Which was a WPM Typing Test)

Interview Questions
    • If you can explain customer service to someone on the Streets, how would you do it?   View Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Remote, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Remote, OR

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Sutherland Global Services in June 2014.

I applied online and several months later received an email asking if I was interested in a tech support position. I responded and was sent to their job testing site. That was pretty easy. It was all online and a lot of simulation. There was also a telephone type voice test. Again pretty easy.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were pretty standard. How would you handle a disgruntled customer, how do you handle a bill inquiry, etc.   Answer Question
    I accepted and went through the orientation but quit before I could do the job shadowing. The assignment was not for me. The pay was standard. Training rate was $8.50 production rate was $9.50 and if you met goal you could get another 50 cents per hour. No negotiation. The pay is standard for all applicants.

Technical Support Representative Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Sutherland Global Services.

Very easy. First round was with a recruiter who just wanted to get the basics. Second round was with the hiring manager who was late calling me, but was sweet and apologetic.

Interview Questions
    • Do you show empathy even if the customer's concern doesn't really call for empathy? For instance, customer calls in to tell you that they love your product.   View Answer
    No negotiation.

Logistics Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Rochester, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Sutherland Global Services in June 2010.

In depth assessment of skill match and personality comparability. Quite functional.

No Negotiation

ATT Uverse/Work At Home Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Orlando, FL
    Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

I interviewed online - interviewed at Sutherland Global Services in February 2014.

I was just called by a woman explaining a position available to me, and she hung up or was disconnected while I was talking to her. It's been over 15 minutes and she has my number and did not call back. I can only assume she hung up on me.

Associate Vice President Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 5 months - interviewed at Sutherland Global Services.

Incredibly drawn out. Many interviews over many months.

Pretty standard. Sutherland checks candidates' prior 2 years tax returns to use as basis for negotiating comp. Will negotiate base and performance bonus.
    I forgot to include in prior section: Sutherland is very stingy with travel expenses. At all employee levels you will be expected to stay at $90/night hotels and have to provide receipts for every single expense, regardless of how small in order to be reimbursed. Office space is also pretty sparse. I personally found it only mildly annoying, but this could be a big deal for some.

Insurance Sales Representative Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Sutherland Global Services.

I had three interiews and on the third I was introduced tot he human resourcces manger that lacks a genuine personality, which i can assume this is why she is not in sales.

Interview Questions
    • nothing was difficult aboutthe interview process because of my knowledge of the industry. The whole process was pretty much textbook.   Answer Question
    They were a bit vague and misleading about the company and salary I would recieve.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Rochester, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Sutherland Global Services in May 2011.

Hiring process was average. nothing really that you cant answer. the questions that were asked to better suit the needs for the program you are applying for.

Interview Questions
    • What is you personal weakness, and do you work better indepedently or on a group   Answer Question

Worked for Sutherland Global Services? Contribute to the Community!