Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Sutherland Global Services
- Technical Support (20)
- Consultant (13)
- Customer Service Representative (10)
- Tech Support (7)
- Technical Support Consultant (7)
- Customer Support Executive (6)
- Sales Associate (4)
- Team Manager (3)
- Senior Consultant (3)
- Analyst (3)
- Senior Associate (2)
- Assistant Manager (2)
- Senior Analyst (2)
- Customer Services Representative (2)
- Team Lead (2)
- Technical Engineer (2)
- Director (2)
- Technical Support Executive (2)
- Technical Support Representative (2)
- Customer Service Manager (1)
- Technical Support Manager (1)
- Mortgage Underwriter (1)
- TSR (1)
- Quality Engineer (1)
- Call Agent (1)
- Call Center Agent (1)
- CSA (1)
- Supervisor (1)
- Commissioned Sales Associate (1)
- Tech Support Executive (1)
- No OfferNegative ExperienceNo OfferNegative Experience
They begged me for months to interview. When I did, they wasted my time. They put you through an assessment that has nothing to do with the position they said was available. They asked for access to my computer which involved me changing settings but then did not provide information on how to undo the setting changes. They did not provide a contact phone number and basically ignored me when I asked questions. Turns out the position they told me I was applying for did not actually exist.
- There was a lengthy assessment that seemed to focus on tech support, however I did not apply for a tech support position. They say the assessment was only 45 minutes, but it is really 2 hours. This was a red flag. If they are not willing to be honest about the assessment time, I can only imagine how dishonest they would be about other aspects of employment. 1 Answer
- No OfferPositive ExperienceAverage InterviewNo OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 3 weeks – interviewed at Sutherland Global Services (New York, NY) in April 2015.
Applied for one job and phone screening done. That position was filled but screening notes were passed to Finance, which expressed an interest in my skill set for another position. Telephone interview was conducted by respective VP and AVP. Went fairly well (I hope) and face to face now scheduled.
- Ability to work in matrix organization - how to deal with inevitable reporting conflicts? Answer Question
- Declined OfferPositive ExperienceAverage InterviewDeclined OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 4 days – interviewed at Sutherland Global Services in March 2015.
Application process included a tech check on your equipment and internet speed, personality assessment, IQ, basic English a few tech questions, and a typing test. After submitting this portion, you wait for an email that let's you know whether you can proceed with the virtual interview or they aren't interested.
- No OfferNegative ExperienceEasy InterviewNo OfferNegative ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks – interviewed at Sutherland Global Services (Houston, TX) in February 2015.
Pointless, first and only question was what my income requirements were? I said based on my experience and credentials 75k + to start, and he did not ask any more questions but rather just read my resume and said that we would be in touch soon. That was six weeks ago. I just learned they don't pay anything north of 55k-60k. No wonder the guy was so eager ti get rid of me.
Helpful (2)Accepted OfferNeutral ExperienceAccepted OfferNeutral Experience
I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days – interviewed at Sutherland Global Services.
They will hire anyone that can have a conversation. They will tell you what the top ppl make but never tell you that the program is set up so that only 4 ppl can be in that Top Bucket, and you won't move up unless ppl ahead of you quit or die.
- Very simple process, no surprises. Answer Question
They can give a higher salary than they are telling you (+2k). You can also negotiate a guarantee on commissions for the first 6 mos.
Helpful (1)Accepted OfferDifficult InterviewAccepted OfferDifficult Interview
The assessment was LENGTHY. Some of the questions were difficult and some tricky. Pay close attention to how they are worded. A large portion of the assessment included questions that are completely irrelevant to a customer service position i.e. geometry, word puzzles, what comes next in the series of pictures etc. The answer to one particular question gave you 4 possible answers to choose from, 3 of which were TRUE! I just ended up taking a stab at it. On top of all this, it said that it would take you approximately 45 minutes to complete the assessment...are you kidding me?!!! This is not at all accurate. In addition, the job posting said nothing about having to have your computer hard wired during the time you are taking their assessment!! I was using wi-fi when I started it, arrgg! I ended up having to move my PC into another room so that I could hard wire it. Thankfully, they do send you an email once you begin the process that allows you to link back up to the assessment and continue where you left off (basically). Next up, a virtual interview. I have not yet completed this process.
- Accepted OfferNeutral ExperienceEasy InterviewAccepted OfferNeutral ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied in-person – interviewed at Sutherland Global Services (Rochester, NY) in December 2014.
Walked into a job fair, they did a 60 minute presentation of possible opportunities and advancements, did a short interview with recruiter, they asked about experiences in your past employment, did a quick 10 minute drug test with a cotton swab in your mouth, gave me a formal offer and got hired on spot
- Questions about prior experiences Answer Question
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceDifficult InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks – interviewed at Sutherland Global Services.
Was a series of interviews with HR, Account Manager, Sr. Account Manager, Sr Director, and Client. The process was a set of interviews and a 90 plan of action on what would I do to increase client KPI's. The panel interview and presentation was tough as there were many direct questions, and tense due to the state of the business.
- Presenting a 90 game plan on what I would do to improve the company performance. Answer Question
Helpful (1)Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceEasy InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week – interviewed at Sutherland Global Services in October 2014.
Most of the process was answering questions online, I remembered receiving several emails for skills testing and system capabilities. Once the technical interview portion, all on my pace was completed, I was contacted via email for a phone interview.I did a phone interview found out immediately I got the job, within the next few days HR paperwork came in.
- None interviewer was very professional and casual. Answer Question
Salary was stated
Helpful (2)Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceEasy InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied online. The process took 3 days – interviewed at Sutherland Global Services (Rochester, NY) in August 2014.
You apply online. They test your computer. They give you a list of interview questions and then you call and record your voice saying the answers. Then I got a call the next day with an offer.
No negotiation. They told me it was $8.50 for 5 weeks of training then $9 after that.
Is this helpful? The community relies on everyone sharing – Add Anonymous Interview Review