Sutherland Global Services Interview Questions

Updated Jul 22, 2015

2.6

Sales Representative Interview

Interview

Pretty easy interview. It really wasn't hard at all. I am pretty sure they hire everyone who gets an interview based off my experience. My training class was full of people who have no business in sales. Seems like they just hire everybody and let the chips fall where they may. I was hired in the same group as 30+ people. Within two months only 7 of us were left.

Interview Questions

• Name a situation where you had to give great customer service.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative & Tech Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Sutherland Global Services (New York, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

Very inviting, personable, comfortable, and really just asked questions about prior jobs and why I would be a good fit. Confirmed application and resume info and also availability. The interview that was called the final interview was really just confirming what I had on my resume and then they offered me the position immediately on the phone after all the questions and explaining the company and benefits to me.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle calls that come in from upset customers?   Answer Question

Interview

They begged me for months to interview. When I did, they wasted my time. They put you through an assessment that has nothing to do with the position they said was available. They asked for access to my computer which involved me changing settings but then did not provide information on how to undo the setting changes. They did not provide a contact phone number and basically ignored me when I asked questions. Turns out the position they told me I was applying for did not actually exist.

Interview Questions

• There was a lengthy assessment that seemed to focus on tech support, however I did not apply for a tech support position. They say the assessment was only 45 minutes, but it is really 2 hours. This was a red flag. If they are not willing to be honest about the assessment time, I can only imagine how dishonest they would be about other aspects of employment.   1 Answer

Business Controller Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Sutherland Global Services (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

Applied for one job and phone screening done. That position was filled but screening notes were passed to Finance, which expressed an interest in my skill set for another position. Telephone interview was conducted by respective VP and AVP. Went fairly well (I hope) and face to face now scheduled.

Interview Questions

• Ability to work in matrix organization - how to deal with inevitable reporting conflicts?   Answer Question

AOL Technical Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Syracuse, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Sutherland Global Services (Syracuse, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

Went into the office, answered a few simple questions regarding technical information such as computers and devices. It was a rather simple process and they offered me a job on the spot, as they did with 10 other people. Busines-casual dress is required by the company, and it is in a secure office. I went into a room with an interviewer and just talked a bit and answered a few questions that were simple and easy.

Interview Questions

• What are three devices used to turn a TV into a smart TV.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Sutherland Global Services in March 2015.

Interview

Application process included a tech check on your equipment and internet speed, personality assessment, IQ, basic English a few tech questions, and a typing test. After submitting this portion, you wait for an email that let's you know whether you can proceed with the virtual interview or they aren't interested.

Document Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Sutherland Global Services (Houston, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

Young lady was very generic in speaking to people about the job/drug screening process. NO real personality-pity I didn't see that as a precursor of how the people are at this organization. Every single person I interacted with at this company was the same, non commital in all answers given to questions about future job offers/promises given as to employment.

Interview Questions

• None-went straight to drug screening aside from being asked who I was there to see recruiter wise.   1 Answer

Mortgage Underwriter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Sutherland Global Services (Houston, TX) in February 2015.

Interview

Pointless, first and only question was what my income requirements were? I said based on my experience and credentials 75k + to start, and he did not ask any more questions but rather just read my resume and said that we would be in touch soon. That was six weeks ago. I just learned they don't pay anything north of 55k-60k. No wonder the guy was so eager ti get rid of me.

ADP SBS District Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Sutherland Global Services.

Interview

They will hire anyone that can have a conversation. They will tell you what the top ppl make but never tell you that the program is set up so that only 4 ppl can be in that Top Bucket, and you won't move up unless ppl ahead of you quit or die.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They can give a higher salary than they are telling you (+2k). You can also negotiate a guarantee on commissions for the first 6 mos.

W@H Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Sutherland Global Services (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

Applied on line, employment application with personality test. Then sent a link to do a automated phone and on line typical employment interview. Received do not reply email confirmations. Received thank yous from a recruiter via email. Was contacted three months later with a job offer.

Interview Questions

• Based on the job you applied for, approximate thirty questions were on your skills and experiences of said position.   1 Answer
    • Personality test, random yes or no questions. Approximately fifty questions.   1 Answer