Sutherland Global Services

Updated Nov 17, 2014
Updated Nov 17, 2014

2.7

Senior Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Sutherland Global Services.

One technical interview, one telephonic HR interview, concept testing finance and accounts, nearly one hour, questions regarding FCF, FCFE, accounting entries.
    Rest all was fine. Not very difficult to crack an interview.

WAH - Sales/Technical Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, AL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, AL

I applied online. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at Sutherland Global Services in December 2013.

There was Only one live phone interview with a live person. There were 2 other phone interviews but they were actually automated tests and simulated customer service situations. If you are offered the position, you are emailed your employee new hire forms. Everything is handled by email. Your paycheck is direct deposit. You are required to have a certain level of home computer and internet access download/upload speed. You are required to purchase a certain level of ear phones.

Interview Questions
    • There were questions related to computer skills and customer service. There were no technical questions regarding the specifics of the actual job. There was a simulated test where you selected options of how to handle a customer in several simulated situations. There was a phone simulation where you handled 3 different phone calls from customers with 3 different problems or situations to capture your voice and customer service skills.   Answer Question
    There were no negotiations on pay or shifts at time of employment. You were offered the job with the hourly pay and you either accepted or declined. You were required to have a certain level of computer equipment and internet access in order to be considered for the position. You were provided 3 weeks of paid training and one week of "nesting" where you were suppose to be provided on-line assistance when needed before you went into live customer calls. After you completed the training, there was a "shift bid". Based on your level of completion within your specific training class, you were given the option to select a group of day/time shifts. The higher you rated within the class gave you the opportunity to win your shift selection. But regardless of your customer service or technical skills, you are required to sell a certain amount each month. You are given the opportunity to bid on your shift every 6 months, based on how you rate within the employee group. There are a lot of incentives given monthly to encourage attendance and production. Incentives vary ranging from gift cards to points that allow you to purchase from a list of available products.

Senior Team Manager Interview

Was a series of interviews with HR, Account Manager, Sr. Account Manager, Sr Director, and Client. The process was a set of interviews and a 90 plan of action on what would I do to increase client KPI's. The panel interview and presentation was tough as there were many direct questions, and tense due to the state of the business.

Interview Questions
    • Presenting a 90 game plan on what I would do to improve the company performance.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Sutherland Global Services in August 2014.

You apply online. They test your computer. They give you a list of interview questions and then you call and record your voice saying the answers. Then I got a call the next day with an offer.

No negotiation. They told me it was $8.50 for 5 weeks of training then $9 after that.

Quality Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Sutherland Global Services in August 2014.

i attended interview in Sutherland for manual testing and it took 1 day
    there are 3 rounds 2 technical 1 hr
    i got selected on the same day itself.hr told me to release offer within a week but did not called for 1 month again they called and asked once telephonic round,had a good conversation of 35 min.they told definitely they will call,but i did not get the call

i think they cant pay the minimum salaries

Technical Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Sutherland Global Services in October 2014.

Since it is technical process candidate should have knowledge over Networking and OS along with good communication skill, type writing and grammar are also in concern. Apart from that candidate should be capable of taking responsibility.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Sutherland Global Services in June 2014.

The interview process is very character oriented. They access your character first before they access your qualifications. Interview was relaxing with a personal vibe. I was asked questions like how do you feel about sales? How do you react to angry customers?

Interview Questions
    • Most difficult question was" why are you planning to leave your current employer?"
      I replied, Keeping my options open right now. I feel my current employer is holding me back from my true potential and thus preventing me from progressing further.

Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Windsor, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Windsor, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Sutherland Global Services in September 2014.

First a call will come to ask some simple questions alongside with some interview questions, then they will tell you to come to the recruitment center to have a face-to-face interview.

Interview Questions
    • How would you make so that a customer will remember you and rate your service high?   View Answer

Tier I Tech Agent Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Sutherland Global Services in March 2013.

Recruitor told me it was not a selling job, just look and suggest things to enhance service, we were to focus on fixing. Wrong They are over board on sales.

Tax Software Technician Interview

As I type this I'm still waiting on a phone interview that was suppose to start at 1pm est, it is now 18 mins past that time. This company has pretty much strung me along for two months. Telling me I was qualified and they were offering me a position, moments later via email I was told I was not qualified. Cool, off to the next opportunity. Then two days later I'm told they want to me to apply for a different position, again cool. Told I'm qualified and would receive a call, never received a call, instead received an email stating I would not be offered a position. Then about three weeks later told to apply for the position of Tax Software Technician, which I foolishly did since I'm seriously looking for employment. Was told the same day I applied and recorded my answers to 9 questions that I was qualified and to be on the look out for an email from them(although this was sent via email). Received an email the next day told to select a time for a phone interview for the next day(which is today August 26, 2014). I selected my time of 1pm and now 22 minutes later they still have not called. I must say this was the final straw, although truth be told the run-a-round from before should have been. I'm not sure how "great" this company can be when they are not professional enough to follow up with people they claim they want to make a job offer to.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult and/or unexpected question was all of them, since I never got a chance to be asked or to answer.   Answer Question