Sutherland Global Services

Very Easy Interview

Sales Interview

Sales
Rochester, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Sutherland Global Services in February 2012.

Interview Details – It was the easiest interview I've been on. The interviewer didn't ask me any behavioral questions. The hardest question was to name three aspects of my life I am working on, which caught me off gaurd. It's very simple - talk about your sales experience (even if it's limited to being a waitress/bartender)

Interview Question – Name three aspects of your life you're currently working on?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate
Rochester, NY

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Sutherland Global Services in July 2011.

Interview Details – I received a phone call from a recruiter, who set up a time for an interview for me. I arrived, and met with a team leader. We talked for about 20 minutes about the job. It was very laid back, very informal. No pointed questions. After that I was introduced to an associate and listened in on some sales calls for about 30 minutes. After that I met with the group manager, and after about 10 minutes was offered the job.

Interview Question – What kind of experience do you have in sales?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No opportunity for negotiation.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative
Rochester, NY

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Sutherland Global Services in March 2011.

Interview Details – If you get an interview with this company, you can rest assure that you pretty much got the job.
The interviewer explained about the job and 2 week training and asked some general questions. I got stumped on a question and she described it in another way. You will get hired on the spot and asked to come to training. You will sign a hirirng paper with the current starting wage.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate, but I encourage others to do so- especially if you have college education or relevant experience in the field.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative
Rochester, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Sutherland Global Services in February 2009.

Interview Details – I was referred by my roommate and interviewed for a position on his program. The interview took place in the office where the program was housed, and consisted of a one on one chat with a program supervisor. I was not offered a position with that program but was referred to a different program better suited for my skill set. I was offered a position with that program after interviewing with the program manager. I was then immediately drug tested with a mouth swab and given an initial training start date. The interview process was free wheeling and laid back, and very accessible. The people were open and friendly in both cases and inquisitive about me and my life.

Interview Question – Describe one mistake you've made that you regret, and what you learned from your mistake.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I accepted the offer as presented without negotiating, as the offer was satisfactory for the work indicated.

Finance Interview

Finance
Rochester, NY

The process took 2 months - interviewed at Sutherland Global Services in January 2011.

Interview Details – Did an informational interview with the Manager.
Scheduled a 1:1 with the same person. Personal / Behavioral questions based on resume and background. Also discussion about recent newspaper articles.
Description of the department and function, company’s future plans. Possible hiring date
Discussion of personality traits.
How you define and measure success and drive.? What is your leadership style
How will you go about finding potential acquisition targets? How will you get information about unlisted companies? How do you find comparables?
They wanted a writing sample. The interview lasted about 50 minutes.
Was called for a second round. Was rescheduled twice.

Customer Service Manager Interview

Customer Service Manager
Rochester, NY

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took a day - interviewed at Sutherland Global Services in September 2009.

Interview Details – I was interested in a supervisory role, especially because Sutherland was expanding in our area fairly rapidly. After applying for a management position, I was invited to meet with a representative at a job fair, and given a specific time for an interview. When I got there, I was one of dozens of applicants for multiple positions. There was no record of my interview and the person I was scheduled to meet was not scheduled to be there. I stayed and filled out several pages of information about my job history, experience, test questions, and more. Then I was asked to wait to speak with someone about job opportunities. After waiting a half hour, a person scanned my information in a half of a minute, and then informed me the only openings were in the call center at less than my unemployment check. I briefly explained to the person why I was there, kept me cool, and quickly left. I was upset, but decided to just chalk it up to one more way to NOT search for a job. I did try to contact the person who never showed up for the interview, but he was never "in the office" - right.

Interview Question – Would physical intimidation by a peer, real or implied, influence your performance?   View Answer

At&Tt Tech Support Plus Interview

At&Tt Tech Support Plus
Rochester, NY

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Sutherland Global Services in February 2010.

Interview Details – Got a phone call.
meet at such a time..
came to place of business.
sat down with a team leader and manager.
look at my resume.
ask me what a IP is ?
i answered.
ask me other question?
very basic

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – yes i was able to negotiate with increase wage. b/c of my pass experience. and they gave me time to think about it. whole 24hrs... that was very nice

AT&T Sales Call Representative Interview

AT&T Sales Call Representative

The process took a day - interviewed at Sutherland Global Services in January 2009.

Interview Details – Applied on CareerBuilder, was contacted by phone to set up interview. After waiting a good half hour in the lobby, I proceeded to a pretty generic interview. Did some role play involving water sales. Asked about when I exceeded expectations for a previous employer. Discussed why I'd be the perfect candidate for the job.

Interview Questions

Reason for Declining – Couldn't make the training requirements.

Supervisor Interview

Supervisor
Rochester, NY

The process took a day - interviewed at Sutherland Global Services in June 2009.

Interview Details – The interview process was not very formal although it went ok. The position did not end up being what I would have expected. The salary was low for the work involved, goals were not clearly defined and there seemed to be a lack of managerial support. I would recommend this company as a good base line for a corporate career but if you are a professional, seek a more respectable employment opportunity.

Interview Question – What kind of animal would you be if you could be one?   View Answer

Customer Support Executive Interview

Customer Support Executive
Chennai (India)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 6 days - interviewed at Sutherland Global Services in May 2010.

Interview Details – First round will be an self introduction; second will be Essay Writing; Third round will be Typing Test;
Fourth round will be Aptitude; Fifty round will be Chat round and the last one is HR Interview followed by Offer Letter.

Interview Question – Chat round with a HR   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – If you're a fresher, they'll determine the salary and if not you can negotiate with better hike.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Sutherland Global Services