Sutherland Global Services

Updated Nov 17, 2014
Updated Nov 17, 2014

2.7

Insurance Sales Representative Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Sutherland Global Services.

I had three interiews and on the third I was introduced tot he human resourcces manger that lacks a genuine personality, which i can assume this is why she is not in sales.

Interview Questions
    • nothing was difficult aboutthe interview process because of my knowledge of the industry. The whole process was pretty much textbook.   Answer Question
    They were a bit vague and misleading about the company and salary I would recieve.

WAH - Sales/Technical Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, AL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, AL

I applied online. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at Sutherland Global Services in December 2013.

There was Only one live phone interview with a live person. There were 2 other phone interviews but they were actually automated tests and simulated customer service situations. If you are offered the position, you are emailed your employee new hire forms. Everything is handled by email. Your paycheck is direct deposit. You are required to have a certain level of home computer and internet access download/upload speed. You are required to purchase a certain level of ear phones.

Interview Questions
    • There were questions related to computer skills and customer service. There were no technical questions regarding the specifics of the actual job. There was a simulated test where you selected options of how to handle a customer in several simulated situations. There was a phone simulation where you handled 3 different phone calls from customers with 3 different problems or situations to capture your voice and customer service skills.   Answer Question
    There were no negotiations on pay or shifts at time of employment. You were offered the job with the hourly pay and you either accepted or declined. You were required to have a certain level of computer equipment and internet access in order to be considered for the position. You were provided 3 weeks of paid training and one week of "nesting" where you were suppose to be provided on-line assistance when needed before you went into live customer calls. After you completed the training, there was a "shift bid". Based on your level of completion within your specific training class, you were given the option to select a group of day/time shifts. The higher you rated within the class gave you the opportunity to win your shift selection. But regardless of your customer service or technical skills, you are required to sell a certain amount each month. You are given the opportunity to bid on your shift every 6 months, based on how you rate within the employee group. There are a lot of incentives given monthly to encourage attendance and production. Incentives vary ranging from gift cards to points that allow you to purchase from a list of available products.

Tech Support Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Sutherland Global Services.

everything done via email and phone calls takes awhile before you hear anything but when you do it goes fast

Interview Questions
    none they offered you a job and said this is what it pays

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Sutherland Global Services.

pretty standard interview questions

Tier I Tech Agent Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Sutherland Global Services in March 2013.

Recruitor told me it was not a selling job, just look and suggest things to enhance service, we were to focus on fixing. Wrong They are over board on sales.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Sutherland Global Services in February 2012.

It was the easiest interview I've been on. The interviewer didn't ask me any behavioral questions. The hardest question was to name three aspects of my life I am working on, which caught me off gaurd. It's very simple - talk about your sales experience (even if it's limited to being a waitress/bartender)

Interview Questions
    • Name three aspects of your life you're currently working on?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Sutherland Global Services in July 2011.

I received a phone call from a recruiter, who set up a time for an interview for me. I arrived, and met with a team leader. We talked for about 20 minutes about the job. It was very laid back, very informal. No pointed questions. After that I was introduced to an associate and listened in on some sales calls for about 30 minutes. After that I met with the group manager, and after about 10 minutes was offered the job.

Interview Questions
    • What kind of experience do you have in sales?   View Answer
    No opportunity for negotiation.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Sutherland Global Services in May 2011.

Hiring process was average. nothing really that you cant answer. the questions that were asked to better suit the needs for the program you are applying for.

Interview Questions
    • What is you personal weakness, and do you work better indepedently or on a group   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Sutherland Global Services in March 2011.

If you get an interview with this company, you can rest assure that you pretty much got the job.
    The interviewer explained about the job and 2 week training and asked some general questions. I got stumped on a question and she described it in another way. You will get hired on the spot and asked to come to training. You will sign a hirirng paper with the current starting wage.

Interview Questions
    I did not negotiate, but I encourage others to do so- especially if you have college education or relevant experience in the field.

Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Sutherland Global Services in January 2011.

Did an informational interview with the Manager.
    Scheduled a 1:1 with the same person. Personal / Behavioral questions based on resume and background. Also discussion about recent newspaper articles.
    Description of the department and function, company’s future plans. Possible hiring date
    Discussion of personality traits.
    How you define and measure success and drive.? What is your leadership style
    How will you go about finding potential acquisition targets? How will you get information about unlisted companies? How do you find comparables?
    They wanted a writing sample. The interview lasted about 50 minutes.
    Was called for a second round. Was rescheduled twice.