Sutherland Global Services Interview Questions

Updated Jun 27, 2015

2.6

W@H Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Sutherland Global Services (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

Applied on line, employment application with personality test. Then sent a link to do a automated phone and on line typical employment interview. Received do not reply email confirmations. Received thank yous from a recruiter via email. Was contacted three months later with a job offer.

Interview Questions

• Based on the job you applied for, approximate thirty questions were on your skills and experiences of said position.   1 Answer
    • Personality test, random yes or no questions. Approximately fifty questions.   1 Answer

Work From Home Customer Service Interview

Interview

The assessment was LENGTHY. Some of the questions were difficult and some tricky. Pay close attention to how they are worded. A large portion of the assessment included questions that are completely irrelevant to a customer service position i.e. geometry, word puzzles, what comes next in the series of pictures etc. The answer to one particular question gave you 4 possible answers to choose from, 3 of which were TRUE! I just ended up taking a stab at it. On top of all this, it said that it would take you approximately 45 minutes to complete the assessment...are you kidding me?!!! This is not at all accurate. In addition, the job posting said nothing about having to have your computer hard wired during the time you are taking their assessment!! I was using wi-fi when I started it, arrgg! I ended up having to move my PC into another room so that I could hard wire it. Thankfully, they do send you an email once you begin the process that allows you to link back up to the assessment and continue where you left off (basically). Next up, a virtual interview. I have not yet completed this process.

Technical Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Syracuse, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Sutherland Global Services (Syracuse, NY) in December 2014.

Interview

First I had to go to the local zoo where they were having the interviews. They for whatever reason had planned to show a movie that was scheduled to rune only at certain times, then make you wait to be interviewed in one of several lines. I was on lunch, so I couldn't sit around waiting, and I had to ask a few different people could I just get an interview since I'd already submitted my application. Most said 'no, I had to wait'- but one person got me past the bs and I only had to wait in line, get my interview, then go home.
    Then wait for a response, which took a few days, then wait to be scheduled for a phone interview with the client of the program I was applying for. After that there was more paperwork, a drug test, and then more waiting. I think the total time was about 3 weeks from application to hire.

As an aside I asked other workers once hired about their interview process & it varied wildly, so 'Good Luck'?

Interview Questions

• They were interested in how much Linux experience I had.   1 Answer

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Sutherland Global Services (Rochester, NY) in December 2014.

Interview

Walked into a job fair, they did a 60 minute presentation of possible opportunities and advancements, did a short interview with recruiter, they asked about experiences in your past employment, did a quick 10 minute drug test with a cotton swab in your mouth, gave me a formal offer and got hired on spot

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Senior Team Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Sutherland Global Services.

Interview

Was a series of interviews with HR, Account Manager, Sr. Account Manager, Sr Director, and Client. The process was a set of interviews and a 90 plan of action on what would I do to increase client KPI's. The panel interview and presentation was tough as there were many direct questions, and tense due to the state of the business.

Interview Questions

• Presenting a 90 game plan on what I would do to improve the company performance.   Answer Question

Work At Home Agent Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Sutherland Global Services in October 2014.

Interview

Most of the process was answering questions online, I remembered receiving several emails for skills testing and system capabilities. Once the technical interview portion, all on my pace was completed, I was contacted via email for a phone interview.I did a phone interview found out immediately I got the job, within the next few days HR paperwork came in.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Salary was stated

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sutherland Global Services (Houston, TX) in October 2014.

Interview

The interview process was non existent. I was told to arrive for an interview at which time I was drug tested along with 30 other people. After an hour, I was given a formal job offer and told to report back for orientation in 4 days. Very disorganized.

Interview Questions

• They asked if I had any medical office or medical certification.   1 Answer

Technical Support Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sutherland Global Services (Saint Louis, MO) in September 2014.

Interview

Once the application is accepted, you are given an assessment to take, which is very lengthy. Set away 1 - 2 hours to complete it. They will then email or call you to setup an interview.

Interview Questions

• I got hired in September 2014 and can't remember the interview questions.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Sutherland Global Services (Rochester, NY) in August 2014.

Interview

You apply online. They test your computer. They give you a list of interview questions and then you call and record your voice saying the answers. Then I got a call the next day with an offer.

Negotiation

No negotiation. They told me it was $8.50 for 5 weeks of training then $9 after that.

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Sutherland Global Services in August 2014.

Interview

As I type this I'm still waiting on a phone interview that was suppose to start at 1pm est, it is now 18 mins past that time. This company has pretty much strung me along for two months. Telling me I was qualified and they were offering me a position, moments later via email I was told I was not qualified. Cool, off to the next opportunity. Then two days later I'm told they want to me to apply for a different position, again cool. Told I'm qualified and would receive a call, never received a call, instead received an email stating I would not be offered a position. Then about three weeks later told to apply for the position of Tax Software Technician, which I foolishly did since I'm seriously looking for employment. Was told the same day I applied and recorded my answers to 9 questions that I was qualified and to be on the look out for an email from them(although this was sent via email). Received an email the next day told to select a time for a phone interview for the next day(which is today August 26, 2014). I selected my time of 1pm and now 22 minutes later they still have not called. I must say this was the final straw, although truth be told the run-a-round from before should have been. I'm not sure how "great" this company can be when they are not professional enough to follow up with people they claim they want to make a job offer to.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult and/or unexpected question was all of them, since I never got a chance to be asked or to answer.   Answer Question