Sutherland Global Services

129 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Tech Support Interview

Tech Support

I applied online and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Sutherland Global Services.

Interview Details – everything done via email and phone calls takes awhile before you hear anything but when you do it goes fast

Interview Question – there is no hard questions at all   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – none they offered you a job and said this is what it pays

Customer Service Representative

I applied online and interviewed at Sutherland Global Services.

Interview Details – pretty standard interview questions

Interview Question – there was none   Answer Question

Commissioned Sales Associate Interview

Commissioned Sales Associate
Rochester, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Sutherland Global Services in November 2009.

Interview Details – Call for preliminary interview including basic questions and assessment to assist in program placement.

Interview Question – Fairly typical questions, expect questions directly based off of what you will be doing.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – they hand you an offer letter with all the details, you accept or not.

Technical Support Consultant Interview

Technical Support Consultant
Rochester, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Sutherland Global Services in December 2009.

Interview Details – Begin by looking for opportunities / openings at company site www.sutherlandglobal.com;
There will likely be aptitude assessments to be completed;
Generally there are preliminary, online applications required;
Followup telephone calls to Recruiters can sometimes be helpful;
Nearly every applicant will get a call from someone in recruiting

Interview Question – The question for which the applicant most likely needs to be most prepared to provide a well-reasoned answer has to do with availability to work. Many projects for which this global premier outsourcing firm needs to hire employees to be available cover the company's commitment to cover a 24 X 7 schedule all 52 weeks of each year. If one can't be there when the job is required to be done, then the company reasonably cannot afford to hire that applicant.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – SGS' requirements are pretty much governed by what its client has contracted to buy from Sutherland, and that will have been pretty well spelled out in the job description. I found Sutherland to be very sensitive to constraints I had regarding when my spouse could let me work and Sutherland was also sometimes reasonable in allowing me to keep my commitments for travel that had been arranged years in advance. By the time an offer was actually presented in writing, the negotiating is already over. Not every application I made and not every negotiation I entered resulted in an offer.

Sales Interview

Sales
Rochester, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Sutherland Global Services in February 2012.

Interview Details – It was the easiest interview I've been on. The interviewer didn't ask me any behavioral questions. The hardest question was to name three aspects of my life I am working on, which caught me off gaurd. It's very simple - talk about your sales experience (even if it's limited to being a waitress/bartender)

Interview Question – Name three aspects of your life you're currently working on?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate
Rochester, NY

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Sutherland Global Services in July 2011.

Interview Details – I received a phone call from a recruiter, who set up a time for an interview for me. I arrived, and met with a team leader. We talked for about 20 minutes about the job. It was very laid back, very informal. No pointed questions. After that I was introduced to an associate and listened in on some sales calls for about 30 minutes. After that I met with the group manager, and after about 10 minutes was offered the job.

Interview Question – What kind of experience do you have in sales?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No opportunity for negotiation.

Rochester, NY

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Sutherland Global Services in March 2011.

Interview Details – If you get an interview with this company, you can rest assure that you pretty much got the job.
The interviewer explained about the job and 2 week training and asked some general questions. I got stumped on a question and she described it in another way. You will get hired on the spot and asked to come to training. You will sign a hirirng paper with the current starting wage.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate, but I encourage others to do so- especially if you have college education or relevant experience in the field.

Rochester, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Sutherland Global Services in February 2009.

Interview Details – I was referred by my roommate and interviewed for a position on his program. The interview took place in the office where the program was housed, and consisted of a one on one chat with a program supervisor. I was not offered a position with that program but was referred to a different program better suited for my skill set. I was offered a position with that program after interviewing with the program manager. I was then immediately drug tested with a mouth swab and given an initial training start date. The interview process was free wheeling and laid back, and very accessible. The people were open and friendly in both cases and inquisitive about me and my life.

Interview Question – Describe one mistake you've made that you regret, and what you learned from your mistake.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I accepted the offer as presented without negotiating, as the offer was satisfactory for the work indicated.

Finance Interview

Finance
Rochester, NY

The process took 2 months - interviewed at Sutherland Global Services in January 2011.

Interview Details – Did an informational interview with the Manager.
Scheduled a 1:1 with the same person. Personal / Behavioral questions based on resume and background. Also discussion about recent newspaper articles.
Description of the department and function, company’s future plans. Possible hiring date
Discussion of personality traits.
How you define and measure success and drive.? What is your leadership style
How will you go about finding potential acquisition targets? How will you get information about unlisted companies? How do you find comparables?
They wanted a writing sample. The interview lasted about 50 minutes.
Was called for a second round. Was rescheduled twice.

Interview Questions

Customer Service Manager Interview

Customer Service Manager
Rochester, NY

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took a day - interviewed at Sutherland Global Services in September 2009.

Interview Details – I was interested in a supervisory role, especially because Sutherland was expanding in our area fairly rapidly. After applying for a management position, I was invited to meet with a representative at a job fair, and given a specific time for an interview. When I got there, I was one of dozens of applicants for multiple positions. There was no record of my interview and the person I was scheduled to meet was not scheduled to be there. I stayed and filled out several pages of information about my job history, experience, test questions, and more. Then I was asked to wait to speak with someone about job opportunities. After waiting a half hour, a person scanned my information in a half of a minute, and then informed me the only openings were in the call center at less than my unemployment check. I briefly explained to the person why I was there, kept me cool, and quickly left. I was upset, but decided to just chalk it up to one more way to NOT search for a job. I did try to contact the person who never showed up for the interview, but he was never "in the office" - right.

Interview Question – Would physical intimidation by a peer, real or implied, influence your performance?   View Answer