Sutherland Global Services

Updated Oct 6, 2014

2.7

Technical Support Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Sutherland Global Services in December 2009.

Begin by looking for opportunities / openings at company site www.sutherlandglobal.com;
    There will likely be aptitude assessments to be completed;
    Generally there are preliminary, online applications required;
    Followup telephone calls to Recruiters can sometimes be helpful;
    Nearly every applicant will get a call from someone in recruiting

Interview Questions
    • The question for which the applicant most likely needs to be most prepared to provide a well-reasoned answer has to do with availability to work. Many projects for which this global premier outsourcing firm needs to hire employees to be available cover the company's commitment to cover a 24 X 7 schedule all 52 weeks of each year. If one can't be there when the job is required to be done, then the company reasonably cannot afford to hire that applicant.   View Answer
    SGS' requirements are pretty much governed by what its client has contracted to buy from Sutherland, and that will have been pretty well spelled out in the job description. I found Sutherland to be very sensitive to constraints I had regarding when my spouse could let me work and Sutherland was also sometimes reasonable in allowing me to keep my commitments for travel that had been arranged years in advance. By the time an offer was actually presented in writing, the negotiating is already over. Not every application I made and not every negotiation I entered resulted in an offer.

Commissioned Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Sutherland Global Services in November 2009.

Call for preliminary interview including basic questions and assessment to assist in program placement.

Interview Questions
    • Fairly typical questions, expect questions directly based off of what you will be doing.   Answer Question
    they hand you an offer letter with all the details, you accept or not.

Customer Service Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at Sutherland Global Services in September 2009.

I was interested in a supervisory role, especially because Sutherland was expanding in our area fairly rapidly. After applying for a management position, I was invited to meet with a representative at a job fair, and given a specific time for an interview. When I got there, I was one of dozens of applicants for multiple positions. There was no record of my interview and the person I was scheduled to meet was not scheduled to be there. I stayed and filled out several pages of information about my job history, experience, test questions, and more. Then I was asked to wait to speak with someone about job opportunities. After waiting a half hour, a person scanned my information in a half of a minute, and then informed me the only openings were in the call center at less than my unemployment check. I briefly explained to the person why I was there, kept me cool, and quickly left. I was upset, but decided to just chalk it up to one more way to NOT search for a job. I did try to contact the person who never showed up for the interview, but he was never "in the office" - right.

Interview Questions
    • Would physical intimidation by a peer, real or implied, influence your performance?   View Answer

Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

The process took a dayinterviewed at Sutherland Global Services in June 2009.

The interview process was not very formal although it went ok. The position did not end up being what I would have expected. The salary was low for the work involved, goals were not clearly defined and there seemed to be a lack of managerial support. I would recommend this company as a good base line for a corporate career but if you are a professional, seek a more respectable employment opportunity.

Interview Questions
    • What kind of animal would you be if you could be one?   View Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sutherland Global Services in February 2009.

I was referred by my roommate and interviewed for a position on his program. The interview took place in the office where the program was housed, and consisted of a one on one chat with a program supervisor. I was not offered a position with that program but was referred to a different program better suited for my skill set. I was offered a position with that program after interviewing with the program manager. I was then immediately drug tested with a mouth swab and given an initial training start date. The interview process was free wheeling and laid back, and very accessible. The people were open and friendly in both cases and inquisitive about me and my life.

Interview Questions
    • Describe one mistake you've made that you regret, and what you learned from your mistake.   View Answer
    I accepted the offer as presented without negotiating, as the offer was satisfactory for the work indicated.

AT&T Sales Call Representative Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at Sutherland Global Services in January 2009.

Applied on CareerBuilder, was contacted by phone to set up interview. After waiting a good half hour in the lobby, I proceeded to a pretty generic interview. Did some role play involving water sales. Asked about when I exceeded expectations for a previous employer. Discussed why I'd be the perfect candidate for the job.

Interview Questions

Couldn't make the training requirements.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Windsor, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Windsor, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Sutherland Global Services in September 2014.

First a call will come to ask some simple questions alongside with some interview questions, then they will tell you to come to the recruitment center to have a face-to-face interview.

Interview Questions
    • How would you make so that a customer will remember you and rate your service high?   View Answer

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cochin (India)

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Sutherland Global Services.

Hiring Process

Hiring is genuine and there are no scams
    Background verification not fully
    No off during season time in some process
    night shift majority of time
    Need to probe before you come with a fix with your final pay

Interview Process

Interview process is real simple
    Interview is pretty straight forward
    Not too many questions are asked during interview

MIS Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Sutherland Global Services in July 2014.

It was walk in Interview with first round-Excel assessment test & Aptitude test.Excel assessment is about functions used in it .Aptitude mixed type mathematical,picture,etc..The test will be online in pc..

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cochin (India)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Sutherland Global Services.

Interview process is one misery. They test our patience to its core. Not at all professional at times. They simply want us to go here and there. Have to wait the whole day, sometimes till night. Highly recommended for people who really needs a job to survive. Else you have to be really smart to manage the hurdles!

Interview Questions
    They mostly wont accept negotiation