Sutherland Global Services

Updated Sep 15, 2014

2.7

Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

The process took 2 months - interviewed at Sutherland Global Services in January 2011.

Did an informational interview with the Manager.
    Scheduled a 1:1 with the same person. Personal / Behavioral questions based on resume and background. Also discussion about recent newspaper articles.
    Description of the department and function, company’s future plans. Possible hiring date
    Discussion of personality traits.
    How you define and measure success and drive.? What is your leadership style
    How will you go about finding potential acquisition targets? How will you get information about unlisted companies? How do you find comparables?
    They wanted a writing sample. The interview lasted about 50 minutes.
    Was called for a second round. Was rescheduled twice.

Customer Service Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a day - interviewed at Sutherland Global Services in September 2009.

I was interested in a supervisory role, especially because Sutherland was expanding in our area fairly rapidly. After applying for a management position, I was invited to meet with a representative at a job fair, and given a specific time for an interview. When I got there, I was one of dozens of applicants for multiple positions. There was no record of my interview and the person I was scheduled to meet was not scheduled to be there. I stayed and filled out several pages of information about my job history, experience, test questions, and more. Then I was asked to wait to speak with someone about job opportunities. After waiting a half hour, a person scanned my information in a half of a minute, and then informed me the only openings were in the call center at less than my unemployment check. I briefly explained to the person why I was there, kept me cool, and quickly left. I was upset, but decided to just chalk it up to one more way to NOT search for a job. I did try to contact the person who never showed up for the interview, but he was never "in the office" - right.

Interview Questions
    • Would physical intimidation by a peer, real or implied, influence your performance?   View Answer

At&Tt Tech Support Plus Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Sutherland Global Services in February 2010.

Got a phone call.
    meet at such a time..
    came to place of business.
    sat down with a team leader and manager.
    look at my resume.
    ask me what a IP is ?
    i answered.
    ask me other question?
    very basic

Interview Questions
    yes i was able to negotiate with increase wage. b/c of my pass experience. and they gave me time to think about it. whole 24hrs... that was very nice

AT&T Sales Call Representative Interview

The process took a day - interviewed at Sutherland Global Services in January 2009.

Applied on CareerBuilder, was contacted by phone to set up interview. After waiting a good half hour in the lobby, I proceeded to a pretty generic interview. Did some role play involving water sales. Asked about when I exceeded expectations for a previous employer. Discussed why I'd be the perfect candidate for the job.

Interview Questions

Couldn't make the training requirements.

Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

The process took a day - interviewed at Sutherland Global Services in June 2009.

The interview process was not very formal although it went ok. The position did not end up being what I would have expected. The salary was low for the work involved, goals were not clearly defined and there seemed to be a lack of managerial support. I would recommend this company as a good base line for a corporate career but if you are a professional, seek a more respectable employment opportunity.

Interview Questions
    • What kind of animal would you be if you could be one?   View Answer

Customer Support Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Sutherland Global Services in September 2010.

The interview process will have 5 rounds. The first one is writing about any topic given by the employer for one and half page then they will provide a sheet to test our grammatical skills then they will ask us to type to have average of 35 words per minute. Then they will give you a situation to solve it in a mail format if it is for an amazon customer support process. After that they will ask us to have Sutherland Behaviour Assessment Test.

Interview Questions
    • In the self behaviour assessment test some questions will be difficult to answer.   View Answer

Technical Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Visakhapatnam (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Visakhapatnam (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Sutherland Global Services in March 2014.

The interview took place in DIET engineering college,anakapalli.The rounds were very simple.First round was JAM.All have to speak out on the same topic given.Vocabiulary plays a major role.If you are good at vocabulary it would be a cake walk.The major drawback was they took lot of time to conduct the second round.For me it took a day.The next day they have conducted a GD.Then there would be a Personal Interview round and the HR was really cool.Don't try to fake things.They will easily catch you.Be your self

Interview Questions

I studuied engineering to work for for a software company not for any random bpo

Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Mumbai (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Sutherland Global Services in June 2011.

Direct Walk-in. Initial telephonic round was to judge on communication. Free-flowing conversation ability was judged. Was asked to provide directions to interview from point A in the city to point B in the city.
    Second round was with HR as to job profile and kind of process am looking for.
    Technical online test was conducted, which was quite out-dated, since it was 2011 and they were asking questions on the amount of space present on a 3.4 inch floppy drive.
    A typing test. 25 Wpm was the target, got 35 wpm.
    The operations round (technical process) was telephonic, the interviewer asked me how I would troubleshoot an internet issue.
    I Started with standard probing about the exact cause of the issue, how long has it been occuring, what is the error message. etc.
    Educated about various reasons due to which internet may not work. Was easy and interviewer was quite keen on hiring. Asked about job responsibilities, work hours and chances of overtime pay.
    Interview was cagey about answering about client incentives, which is understandable.

Not much a possibility, They had pre-defined bands depending on your International BPO experience and last drawn salary.

Technical Support Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Sutherland Global Services in January 2012.

Update inforation in job portals. Usually more than one HR call for the same position. How ever say no if you are sure of the postion and the process you want to get into. The salary would vary in different process. There is a GD and then a technical round followed by a Personal round with the HR Manager. Be confident and be sure of the answers you give here. Then a psychomatric test and a typing test to finish it off.

Interview Questions
    • If you have any gap in you work and the reason to leave the last employment   View Answer
    Negotiate well, Ask for the right price for you skills, the company pays well for deserving candidates, if you are relocating for the work ask for the guest house and relocation charges.

MIS Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Sutherland Global Services in July 2014.

It was walk in Interview with first round-Excel assessment test & Aptitude test.Excel assessment is about functions used in it .Aptitude mixed type mathematical,picture,etc..The test will be online in pc..