Sutherland Global Services

2.6

Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY
    Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

The process took a dayinterviewed at Sutherland Global Services in June 2009.

The interview process was not very formal although it went ok. The position did not end up being what I would have expected. The salary was low for the work involved, goals were not clearly defined and there seemed to be a lack of managerial support. I would recommend this company as a good base line for a corporate career but if you are a professional, seek a more respectable employment opportunity.

Interview Questions
    • What kind of animal would you be if you could be one?   View Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sutherland Global Services in February 2009.

I was referred by my roommate and interviewed for a position on his program. The interview took place in the office where the program was housed, and consisted of a one on one chat with a program supervisor. I was not offered a position with that program but was referred to a different program better suited for my skill set. I was offered a position with that program after interviewing with the program manager. I was then immediately drug tested with a mouth swab and given an initial training start date. The interview process was free wheeling and laid back, and very accessible. The people were open and friendly in both cases and inquisitive about me and my life.

Interview Questions
    • Describe one mistake you've made that you regret, and what you learned from your mistake.   View Answer
    I accepted the offer as presented without negotiating, as the offer was satisfactory for the work indicated.

AT&T Sales Call Representative Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at Sutherland Global Services in January 2009.

Applied on CareerBuilder, was contacted by phone to set up interview. After waiting a good half hour in the lobby, I proceeded to a pretty generic interview. Did some role play involving water sales. Asked about when I exceeded expectations for a previous employer. Discussed why I'd be the perfect candidate for the job.

Interview Questions

Couldn't make the training requirements.

Technical Support Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Sutherland Global Services.

1) Online questionnaire ( behavioral and aptitude )
    2) HR round after few weeks ( technical questions)
    3) Interview with the Manager (20 - 30 mins)

offer was given on the spot. 15 mins orientation about the company with some management person.

Interview Questions
    • What is a smart phone ?
      What is HDMI cable ?
      What is Set top box ?
      What is MAC Address ?

Answer Question
    No they offer only one figure

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sutherland Global Services in January 2015.

At the first point of interview, they check whether you are able to perform in Voice or Non-voice. These are the rounds that will be conducted for every candidate.

For voice:

Chat Assessment.
          Online Technical Test
          Typing Test.
          Operations HR.

Interview Questions
    • Previous Work Experience.
      Roles & Responsibilities in the previous company.
      Basic technical questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Windsor, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Sutherland Global Services in January 2015.

I applied online Tuesday, Jan. 20th and received a call the next day during the evening for a phone interview. The person was very nice and even if my answer wasn't exactly what they were looking for, they told me how to improve my answer(s) and they were just all around wonderful about it. It took about 30 minutes over the phone (I did pretty good considering I wasn't expecting a call like that, took me totally off guard). After we were done, they scheduled a time for me to come in to do a one on one interview which was the next day. I walked in there really nervous and was taken to a small lobby where the secretary was very friendly and anyone who came through those doors acknowledged you with a smile. Even though they didn't get to my interview until half an hour after I was supposed to go in, I didn't mind as I know they are busy and I was content with the friendliness of the people in there. Someone came and guided me to a room where I was asked pretty simple questions like "How would you do with an upset customer?", "What is an IP Address on a computer for?", etc. If you've got even a small interest for computers, you'll do just fine. Once they learned that I could use one, they pretty much hired me. They offered me a job as soon as I was finished answering the questions and before I even signed anything, they made sure that I had all of the right information about what kind of job I would be doing and they made sure I had everything I needed to know. After the interview, I was taken to another room where someone else spoke to me to take my information (ID card, SIN, etc. so that they know you can legally work there is all) and they handed me a portfolio filled with many papers with information about everything the company does, stands for, your training duration, parking info, benefits, and so many more helpful things. They even went over every page with me to make sure I understood and had everything I needed to know and if I wasn't sure about something, they were more than happy to help. It was that interview that you always hope for (friendliness, respectful people, smiles, interests about you from others, etc.) but never really get, at least not in my experience. This was definitely a great experience. Orientation starts February 2nd and paid training starts February 3rd.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing really difficult at all. If you can use a computer and know a term or two, you're basically hired. The only question I can think of even though it really wasn't hard at all was something like "If you were on the phone with a customer and they had a problem that you were unfamiliar with, what would you do?"   View Answer
    There was none or I didn't ask. I was okay with what they offered already.

Senior Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Sutherland Global Services.

One technical interview, one telephonic HR interview, concept testing finance and accounts, nearly one hour, questions regarding FCF, FCFE, accounting entries.
    Rest all was fine. Not very difficult to crack an interview.

Technical Support Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Sutherland Global Services in December 2014.

Interview Questions - Describe about yourself, Question based upon your cv, few technical questions, age, family background, ID proof,house, contract,
    2 Rounds. 2nd round isn't much & more of a repeat (3 questions only asked).

As for company details - you have to ask them, what it's all about, system, etc. They won't speak unless a candidate ask these questions.

Wait time is too much even if you are only candidate facing the interview there.

Interview Questions
    • Technical questions depends on the profile just to verify he/she has knowledge of computers in troubleshooting.

Unexpected Question - Family Background - I've faced plenty of interviews but never came across a company whose in interested in your family background rather knowledge, nature of job & company itself. This is only 1st interview, I've faced asking in so much detail about family background, house, age, etc. I felt like they want to determine the salary based on family background rather than the knowledge of job itself as they were only interested in this. It felt as though a person came for matrimonial rather for a job though. Highly Amusing. Not only that, the salary got fixed depending on whether your house is permanent or not. If It's permanent, then they reduce the salary right away which recruitment had mentioned it was more than that.

It appeared as though they discriminate the candidate on family background basis which a very backward thinking in my opinion though.

Normally, if a company wants to verify the family background, etc - there is already a system in India to verify in terms of PAN, Voter's ID & Aadhaar now. They have no rights to ask these personal questions as it has nothing to do with the job at all. In the end, the words have no meaning from the candidate since they already can verify through a system itself such as PAN ID, etc.

Talk about invasion of privacy of a person.

Answer Question
    • Contract - This question during the 1st round itself - Are willing to work for 1 year?. I did say yes regardless of it. However, I was told by the recruitment consultant, there was no contract bound to begin with. Looks like they were testing candidates since they leave a lot sooner these stages.   Answer Question

I never said no rather they concluded as a no from my end since I was requesting to work in morning hours shift then later on, so I change to night shift completely, being a fresher, it's difficult to adjust in the start since it takes quite some time to understand the job, transportation,etc. Looking overall, I was requesting in humble manner since what I was comfortable to work with in the start. The person who took 1st round for me, came to me stating I already stated it was rotational shift but never mentioned timings, how does the system works unless asked during the interview. She never mentioned the timings. I still politely asked the this person, I would like to work during the morning hrs in the start since it's timings purely on night shift after 2nd round that was conducted to me. Basically, it was led to misunderstanding in the end for rotational shift provided towards their end not from me though since I was told there is morning & night shift both.
    In the end, I just asked a simply question - Am I being selected or not?.
    The answer - Because I said no, it became no ( I never said no, I was requesting them instead). If I'm correct to assume that, I was already selected but due to my request for the morning hrs or any other reason which is unknown to me, they rejected me due to this.

Guess some companies, want candidates like AI bot saying Yes sir & no Sir. Typical company who couldn't care about their employers at all.

I guess, there hiding certain info & lying to candidates & recruitment consultant as well which was surprising element too to me as well such contracts & salary too, it's more a testing part so it's understandable, but salary kind of bummer for a year.

Personally, even declined, I wasn't looking for this position at all, I just wanted to try nothing more.

Well, in the end, it worked out for the best in the end, quite a learning experience & amusing as well.

Experience will always differ from candidate - candidate, even if you are fresher, experienced, etc. Just being yourself & face the interview.

Technical Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Sutherland Global Services in October 2014.

Since it is technical process candidate should have knowledge over Networking and OS along with good communication skill, type writing and grammar are also in concern. Apart from that candidate should be capable of taking responsibility.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Windsor, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Sutherland Global Services in September 2014.

First a call will come to ask some simple questions alongside with some interview questions, then they will tell you to come to the recruitment center to have a face-to-face interview.

Interview Questions
    • How would you make so that a customer will remember you and rate your service high?   View Answer