Sutherland Global Services

2.8

5 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Rochester, NY
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Sutherland Global Services in December 2009.

Begin by looking for opportunities / openings at company site www.sutherlandglobal.com;
There will likely be aptitude assessments to be completed;
Generally there are preliminary, online applications required;
Followup telephone calls to Recruiters can sometimes be helpful;
Nearly every applicant will get a call from someone in recruiting

Interview Questions
  • The question for which the applicant most likely needs to be most prepared to provide a well-reasoned answer has to do with availability to work. Many projects for which this global premier outsourcing firm needs to hire employees to be available cover the company's commitment to cover a 24 X 7 schedule all 52 weeks of each year. If one can't be there when the job is required to be done, then the company reasonably cannot afford to hire that applicant.   View Answer
SGS' requirements are pretty much governed by what its client has contracted to buy from Sutherland, and that will have been pretty well spelled out in the job description. I found Sutherland to be very sensitive to constraints I had regarding when my spouse could let me work and Sutherland was also sometimes reasonable in allowing me to keep my commitments for travel that had been arranged years in advance. By the time an offer was actually presented in writing, the negotiating is already over. Not every application I made and not every negotiation I entered resulted in an offer.

Other Interview Reviews for Sutherland Global Services

Technical Support Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chennai (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Sutherland Global Services in January 2012.

Update inforation in job portals. Usually more than one HR call for the same position. How ever say no if you are sure of the postion and the process you want to get into. The salary would vary in different process. There is a GD and then a technical round followed by a Personal round with the HR Manager. Be confident and be sure of the answers you give here. Then a psychomatric test and a typing test to finish it off.

Interview Questions
    • If you have any gap in you work and the reason to leave the last employment   View Answer
    Negotiate well, Ask for the right price for you skills, the company pays well for deserving candidates, if you are relocating for the work ask for the guest house and relocation charges.

Technical Support Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chennai (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Sutherland Global Services in September 2012.

first round is face to face interview followed by communication test,aptitude,typing skills,technical test,technical interview face to face,telephone interview,hr round.

Technical Support Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Cochin (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cochin (India)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Sutherland Global Services.

Interview had 4 to 5 stages.The first round was a telephonic interview to check your language ie english , then i had a technical round telephnic interview , then had a typing test where i had to maintain accuracy of minimum 90 percent then had a personal interview and finally got my offer letter .

Interview Questions
    • the techical questions was a bit difficult as they ask more about browsers and other things   Answer Question
    i actually didnt negotiate as it was my first job

Technical Support Consultant Interview

5-6 rounds of technical interview followed by HR. They asked mostly all questions related to network and general IT. and last round also had some software engg related questions

Interview Questions
    if you have negotiation skills u can win ur prize...

Worked for Sutherland Global Services? Contribute to the Community!