Sutter Health Interview Questions

Updated Feb 20, 2015

2.9

Office Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sutter Health in February 2015.

First had a phone interview asking the typical interview questions (why this job? why health care? etc.)
    After about a week I got invited to an in person interview. 2 hour interview process. Had a 90 minute exercise that tested word applications knowledge. Afterwards, had to present the work from the exercise to a panel and then finished off with a panel interview.

Interview Questions
    • What was an uncomfortable situation you have been in and how did you handle it? What is your greatest accomplishment? Do you value quality of work or quantity (getting it all done in time)?   Answer Question

Admitting Clerk Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Sutter Health.

Submitted application on their website, one of over 100 I have submitted and was called for an interview. I sat in front on a panel of 4 ladies and was interviewed in tandem by them all. It was a little awkward trying to maintain eye contact and feel confident with 4 people staring at you.

Interview Questions
    • There really wasn't a difficult question   View Answer

Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Sutter Health.

I had 2 panel interviews and a one on one with the hiring director. About 6 people on each panel. It was a long process from the time I applied. About 2 months. Be prepared to answer many questions from all people on the panel. I would say out of all of the places I have interviewed, it wasn't the hardest, but it wasn't the easiest either. They did really pick apart my resume. Mostly to see if it was accurate.

Interview Questions
    • Most questions were situational. How I would handle difficult situations.   Answer Question
    HR controls the company hiring and has limits on negotiations.

Applications Analyst Interview

For the most part the hiring and interview process was pretty standard. What they seemed to be looking for was experience versus any degrees that you currently hold. The questions that they asked were very straight forward and there were a few questions where they asked some "get to know you" type questions to see if you were someone that would fit into the company atmosphere.

Interview Questions
    • What would you say is one of your flaws? and How would you deal with a difficult coworker/peer/manager?   Answer Question
    No negotiation.

LinkAges Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Process took about a week for somebody to call me for an interview. Met with two people and they were all fairly nice. Asked questions about my work experience and how it relates to the position. Asked about specific job experiences and what I accomplished and what challenges I had. Asked many questions about team work and working in groups and how I overcame challenges for that as well.

Interview Questions
    • What duties did you have during a specific volunteer experience?   Answer Question

Quality Review and Risk Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Sutter Health in June 2014.

Interviewed via phone for an interim management position. Thorough reference check, basic orientation done on the fly by director and human resources due to vacations. Hired as interim manager while company actively recruits for the position. Company transparent about this being a high turnover position with extremely poor retention of employees in the department.

Accounting Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Sutter Health.

I applied online through my school for an internship with Sutter and heard back from them a little over month and a half. The interview was pretty typical, had questions about my customer service experience, why do I want to study accounting, etc. Overall, it has been a good experience and I am happy that they wanted me to join their team.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing out of ordinary, just questions of why you would be a good fit, why do you want to study accounting, etc.   Answer Question

Registered Nurse Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sutter Health.

Many many applicants per position, helps to know someone already working in the department. Initially apply online and complete questionnaires about work history and experience. If pass online questionnaires, then application forwarded to department management. Initial interview with department managers, second and sub-sequential interviews usually with peer staff members in collaboration with management.

Interview Questions
    • What is your approach to your personal workload and the workload of others?   Answer Question

Accounting Intern Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Sutter Health.

I was able to get this position through an acquaintance. The questions I got asked were pretty typical : Tell me about yourself? Why do you think you would be a good fit? What are your past experiences?

Dermatologist/Physician Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Sutter Health.

Great interview process but long - 2 days in total. They cover all expenses and reimburse everything as well. My husband was able to travel with me for the interviews and expenses were covered for him also. First day: Tour of clinic and several meetings (both group and one-on-one) with internal medicine and Derm dpt. Last interview session is 1 hour and is a behavioral interview.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about a time you disagreed with your boss and what you did in that situation. What did you learn from it?   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time you made a medical error/mistake, what you did, what you learned.   Answer Question

Better alternative options