Sutter Health Interview Questions

Updated Jul 9, 2014
Updated Jul 9, 2014

2.9

Applications Analyst Interview

For the most part the hiring and interview process was pretty standard. What they seemed to be looking for was experience versus any degrees that you currently hold. The questions that they asked were very straight forward and there were a few questions where they asked some "get to know you" type questions to see if you were someone that would fit into the company atmosphere.

Interview Questions
    • What would you say is one of your flaws? and How would you deal with a difficult coworker/peer/manager?   Answer Question
    No negotiation.

LinkAges Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Palo Alto, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Process took about a week for somebody to call me for an interview. Met with two people and they were all fairly nice. Asked questions about my work experience and how it relates to the position. Asked about specific job experiences and what I accomplished and what challenges I had. Asked many questions about team work and working in groups and how I overcame challenges for that as well.

Interview Questions
    • What duties did you have during a specific volunteer experience?   Answer Question

Quality Review and Risk Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Sutter Health in June 2014.

Interviewed via phone for an interim management position. Thorough reference check, basic orientation done on the fly by director and human resources due to vacations. Hired as interim manager while company actively recruits for the position. Company transparent about this being a high turnover position with extremely poor retention of employees in the department.

HMO PPO Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Sutter Health in September 2012.

A little tence which is expeted and with a great suppervisor and staff members that were in the panel. I have a wonderful job and plan on staying here as long as I can.

Hopital Security Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Sutter Health in March 2013.

Called me back a long while after I applied. I almost forgot I had applied. Came in for a 5 person panel interview and aced it. Invited the same day to come back the next day for another interview. Aced it and offered position on drive home. Started my process with employee health and was working within 2 weeks or less.

Interview Questions
    • None really, just typical questions about strengths and weaknesses and prior experience. one or two "Name a time when..." questions.   Answer Question
    I negotiated my hourly pay to match previous experience.

Accounting Intern Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Sutter Health.

I applied online through my school for an internship with Sutter and heard back from them a little over month and a half. The interview was pretty typical, had questions about my customer service experience, why do I want to study accounting, etc. Overall, it has been a good experience and I am happy that they wanted me to join their team.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing out of ordinary, just questions of why you would be a good fit, why do you want to study accounting, etc.   Answer Question

Registered Nurse Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Sutter Health.

Many many applicants per position, helps to know someone already working in the department. Initially apply online and complete questionnaires about work history and experience. If pass online questionnaires, then application forwarded to department management. Initial interview with department managers, second and sub-sequential interviews usually with peer staff members in collaboration with management.

Interview Questions
    • What is your approach to your personal workload and the workload of others?   Answer Question

Applications Analyst II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Sutter Health in February 2011.

30-minute phone screen with 2-3 current staff to review resume elements;

60-minute panel interview with 7-8, including hiring manager; round-robin approach to pre-scripted questions, with no/minimal ad-hoc questions; 10 minutes reserved at end for application to ask questions

Interview Questions
    Difficult and elongated; getting through the onboarding process with HR was arduous, independent of efficient background chec, employment & education verification, kdrug-screening, and reference checks.

After hire, I subsequently learned and realized that many highly qualified candidates chosen by panel interview are lost due to the 3-6 week delay in starting work..

Clinical Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Berkeley, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berkeley, CA

I applied online - interviewed at Sutter Health in April 2013.

Hiring process does not take too long, about 3-4 weeks to get an interview. You meet with person who is in the current role and then the doctor you are working with and then the hiring manager. Very smooth process.

no negotiation at all.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Sutter Health in July 2010.

Used an employment agency to get in the door. Interviewed with employment agency and then with the key staff I would be working with. Questions were asked about my computer abilities as well as my skill level and experience.

Interview Questions
    • What is one thing about your most recent job that you do not like and why?   Answer Question
    No negotiation available.

Worked for Sutter Health? Contribute to the Community!