Sutter Health Interview Questions & Reviews

2.9

Strategic Planning Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Sacramento, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Sutter Health in November 2010.

Very laborious process. They had my resume for about 4 months before they called. Started with a phone interview with the hiring manager. That went well so I was invited for a 1:1 interview. That also went well and I had good rapport with the hiring manager. He asked me to appear for a panel interview which got a bit riduculous. There were 6 people present in the room and three others attended from another office location via teleconference. Nine people...barely enough time for each person to ask one question, and I never knew where the next question was coming from. I felt like I was being vetted for the supreme court. This was for an upper level analytical position; individual contributor...not even a manager or director. I felt it was overkill. Furthermore, I didn't have good rapport with some of the folks in the room. Manager called a few days later and offered me the job. I was surprised...didn't think the panel had gone well, but boss obviously liked me well enough to (perhaps) overrule them. Since no one from the team I would be working with directly was part of the panel, and since I was on the fence (liked the boss but maybe not the larger group) about the position, I asked to be able to meet with the team I'd be working with to help make up my mind. Not sure what the boss told them; again, I had already been offered the job. They put me in another panel with the team (three of them vs. me...and it was "versus") and the team grilled me hard. I wanted to laugh and say, 'you guys know that I've been offered the job and I'm trying to decide, right?'

I ended up accepting the offer after making some demands and it worked out fine, although I was right about some of the folks on the panel.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you were asked to present unpopular data/findings; how you did it; what the outcome was; what you would do differently; etc.   Answer Question
    • Assume you are offered and accept this job. Fast forward a year or two...how would you know if you had made a mistake?   Answer Question
    Since I wasn't sure the job was for me (and thus willing to gamble), I asked for a bit more money, some flexibility in schedule and start date. Nothing ridiculous; wasn't playing games. Stuff I asked for was within reason but they could have said no. They didn't. Gave me what I asked for.

Administrative Fellowship Interview

The process took 2 months - interviewed at Sutter Health in October 2011.

Initial phone screening interview, then video interview (you're recorded responding to set questions), then 1-on-1 video interview with an exec, then a 2 panel interview with various CEO/COO's up in Norcal.

Practice for the video interviews, it's not just like video chatting a friend, you need to remember to look into the camera rather than at the screen.

Systems Engineer III Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Rancho Cordova, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Rancho Cordova, CA

The process took a day - interviewed at Sutter Health in April 2011.

I was called for a phone interview with the hiring manager. My technical skills were explained and he thoroughly enjoyed my background on various items. He informed me that a further one-on-one interview would be necessary with a panel of technical folks.

On the day of the one-on-one interview I arrived at the location on time. I was escorted and taken to a conference room where there was a panel of people with various technical expertises from Web Developers, Production Support, Managers and Engineers. Most of the panel were men along with only one female. Various questions were asked from windows IIS servers, Weblogic, Database and Linux/Unix. I felt confident about my answers. At the end of the first round, I was taken to another waiting area and was asked to wait around 15 minutes for them to decide if I made it to the second round.

After 15 minutes, the hiring manager came to escort me out of the building, he proceeded to explain that I didn’t qualify for the position because I didn’t have enough Windows 2008 Server experience along with IIS 7 which I found it almost laughable since his staff learned the technology four months before my interview. Usually my experience on Unix/Linux is a demonstration that I can learn just about any operating system but that was not the case here. Windows trumped Unix? When has anyone seen that before? The hiring manager seemed very heart broken that his staff of technical folks didn’t want to proceed with a second interview which lead me to believe that something else was at work. To be told that I was not technical enough because I didn’t know one piece of a technology is a flat out lie and that leads me to believe they were making an excuse.

I got the impression that this is a Good O Boys shop. There was only one woman in the interview panel which was a Manager and I didn’t see many women working in the Information Technology building. I’ve never heard of a job that requires people to know exactly every piece of Technology and not be given an opportunity to learn new items on the job.

Compliance Officer Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Sutter Health in April 2010.

I was contacted by the company and asked to interview for an open position; I had an initial phone interview followed up by a panel interview; references were checked and I was offered the position.

Always request more than their payscale

Senior Project Planning Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Sacramento, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Sutter Health in August 2010.

A few days after applying online I received an email requesting a phone screening interview. After the phone interview we scheduled a panel interview for the following week.

The panel interviewers consisted of 5 people from the team, i.e., people the candidate would actually work with. The representation were three peers, the director, and the manager (who conducted the phone interview).

All of the interviewers were very nice and demeanor was comforting (even when I answered a question incorrectly, they didn't make me feel stupid about it).

The office, which is located off Hwy 50, is beautiful and comfortable. I was in the lobby/waiting area for about 20 mins and noticed the people entering and leaving the building. They all looked happy and all greeted the security guard by first name.

Interview Questions
    • How do you edit a project plan in MS Project?   View Answer
    • Name the difference between the three task types: Fixed Duration, Fixed Units, and Fixed Work.   View Answer
    • Not word for word, but basically describe various scenarios like how you handled conflict between co-workers, someone not pulling their weight, etc.   Answer Question
    • Under what circumstances would you add a date constraint?   View Answer

Clerical Support Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Murray, UT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Murray, UT

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Sutter Health.

I was called & did a quick on the spot phone interview, questions like:
    Whats your ideal working enviorment? Whats your most greatest accomplishment at your most recent job? what do you think is most needed in the workplace for you 2 be happy.
    then called in with 2 peop

Interview Questions
    • If you were interviewing a potential canidate, what would be more important , attitude or knowledge and why?   View Answer

Physician Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Sutter Health.

Multiple interviews, most benign. Several we're behavioral type interviews, they ask specific questions about how one was dealt with challenges or what one would be able to bring to the org. Took entire day, spent several hrs w HR going over the contract and benefits prior to even hearing back about a final decision

Interview Questions
    • What leaderships qualities make you best suited for this job?   Answer Question

Research Programmer Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Sutter Health.

Was an online interview through webcam. Not very friendly and quite intimidating. microphone was not clear at all in their end and they asked very random questions not relating to programming at all

Interview Questions
    • Testing different types of case studies when my position encompassed programming   Answer Question

Pharmacy Supervisor Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Sutter Health in February 2009.

administration remotely involved, somewhat dependent on staff priorities

Interview Questions
    • what strengths can you bring to daily operations? how do you motivate people?   Answer Question
    none, no negotiations

Dermatologist/Physician Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Sutter Health.

Great interview process but long - 2 days in total. They cover all expenses and reimburse everything as well. My husband was able to travel with me for the interviews and expenses were covered for him also. First day: Tour of clinic and several meetings (both group and one-on-one) with internal medicine and Derm dpt. Last interview session is 1 hour and is a behavioral interview.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about a time you disagreed with your boss and what you did in that situation. What did you learn from it?   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time you made a medical error/mistake, what you did, what you learned.   Answer Question

Better alternative options

Worked for Sutter Health? Contribute to the Community!