Sutter Health Interview Questions

Updated Jul 9, 2014
Updated Jul 9, 2014

2.9

Database Administrator III Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Sutter Health.

Interviews are handled very professionally starting with an online application at the Sutter web page. A phone interview comes next followed by in person interviews. You must be ready to present your knowledge and respond to moderately difficuly questions. Heavy emphasis is placed on your attitude, knowledge, and communication skills.

Interview Questions
    • You must be able to sight specifics when talking about technical questions.   Answer Question
    It is important to realize Sutter employs exempt and non-exempt employees. There is on-call as well that you need to be willing to do.

Accounting Intern Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Sutter Health.

I was able to get this position through an acquaintance. The questions I got asked were pretty typical : Tell me about yourself? Why do you think you would be a good fit? What are your past experiences?

Account Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Sutter Health.

Phone interview was quick and easy. Went to panel interview, went well. Was told would find result in 2 weeks minimum. Follow up for two week, all I got was the run around. After 2 months, received a generic email stating a better candidate was selected.

LinkAges Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Palo Alto, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Process took about a week for somebody to call me for an interview. Met with two people and they were all fairly nice. Asked questions about my work experience and how it relates to the position. Asked about specific job experiences and what I accomplished and what challenges I had. Asked many questions about team work and working in groups and how I overcame challenges for that as well.

Interview Questions
    • What duties did you have during a specific volunteer experience?   Answer Question

Applications Analyst Interview

For the most part the hiring and interview process was pretty standard. What they seemed to be looking for was experience versus any degrees that you currently hold. The questions that they asked were very straight forward and there were a few questions where they asked some "get to know you" type questions to see if you were someone that would fit into the company atmosphere.

Interview Questions
    • What would you say is one of your flaws? and How would you deal with a difficult coworker/peer/manager?   Answer Question
    No negotiation.

Volunteer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Sutter Health in July 2013.

The interview process was very easy. There is really no wrong awnser. It is usually over the phone, however my experience was in person. They basically just want to know the reason you want to volunteer at their hospital. There is no stress or complications, everything went smoothly and a lot of good help from the volunteer services.

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Mather, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mather, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Sutter Health.

Interview process was a joke. In my case, the interviewer had no clue what Project Management really is or how to identify a skilled project manager. I interviewed for other Sutter Health FTE positions while contracting. Those interviews were better, but still mostly very general. The hiring managers are not very adept at knowing how to identify and hire resources best suited to growing the organization. Often, the hiring manager is too busy and would send a junior team member to conduct the interview.

Interview Questions
    • Very basic interview questions, essentially reiterating the same information presented on my resume.   Answer Question
    Completely unwilling to negotiate. They severly lowball the salary, citing that people are clammoring to work for Sutter Health. There is talent within the organization, one must look long and hard to find it -- and it's rarely found at the Manager or higher levels.

Support Ops Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Sutter Health in June 2011.

It was great. I already worked for the company and they offered me the promotion

Nothing

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Emeryville, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Emeryville, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Sutter Health in December 2011.

The recruiter and director didn't seem very organized and were on two different schedules. The recruiter insisted that they should have the chosen candidate by the end of the week after I interviewed but the director said it should take at least 3 weeks.

After playing phone tag with the recruiter on the initial set up of the interview we finally got in touch, mostly technical questions were asked leading me to be in the top 4 candidates chosen. The interview with the director went pretty smooth and no challenging questions were asked in which I prepared for. After consistently checking up with both the recruiter and director they ensured to keep me up to date on the decision making process. During the fourth week the recruiter didn't return my call or e-mail so I ended up frantically searching for jobs again, to my amazement they had re-posted the job that they had taken down 3 weeks prior. Since there were only 3 other candidates I felt deceived that I wasn't even notified about the process taking longer than originally planned.

The sixth week is when I got a generic "this position is no longer available" e-mail. I wrote the recruiter to thank her for her time and she wrote back a snobbish letter in which I thought was very unprofessional. Doubt I'll ever look at Sutter Care at Home job opportunities again due to the ill and unprofessional treatment of the recruiter.

Interview Questions
    • What transferable skills from previous experience can you apply to this position?   Answer Question

Human Resources Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Sutter Health in March 2010.

Once I applied onine, I received a phone call from a recruiter. Typical phone interview...asked me what my current job was, why I was leaving, when I could start. Lasted about 15 minutes. The Recruiter was extrmely nice. It has been two weeks and I have not heard back yet but was told that once they set interviews they would contact me.

Interview Questions

Worked for Sutter Health? Contribute to the Community!