Sutter Health Interview Questions

Updated Jun 30, 2015

Database Administrator III Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Sutter Health.

Interview

Interviews are handled very professionally starting with an online application at the Sutter web page. A phone interview comes next followed by in person interviews. You must be ready to present your knowledge and respond to moderately difficuly questions. Heavy emphasis is placed on your attitude, knowledge, and communication skills.

Interview Questions

• You must be able to sight specifics when talking about technical questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

It is important to realize Sutter employs exempt and non-exempt employees. There is on-call as well that you need to be willing to do.

Accounting Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Sutter Health.

Interview

I was able to get this position through an acquaintance. The questions I got asked were pretty typical : Tell me about yourself? Why do you think you would be a good fit? What are your past experiences?

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Sutter Health.

Interview

Phone interview was quick and easy. Went to panel interview, went well. Was told would find result in 2 weeks minimum. Follow up for two week, all I got was the run around. After 2 months, received a generic email stating a better candidate was selected.

LinkAges Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Interview

Process took about a week for somebody to call me for an interview. Met with two people and they were all fairly nice. Asked questions about my work experience and how it relates to the position. Asked about specific job experiences and what I accomplished and what challenges I had. Asked many questions about team work and working in groups and how I overcame challenges for that as well.

Interview Questions

• What duties did you have during a specific volunteer experience?   Answer Question

Applications Analyst Interview

Interview

For the most part the hiring and interview process was pretty standard. What they seemed to be looking for was experience versus any degrees that you currently hold. The questions that they asked were very straight forward and there were a few questions where they asked some "get to know you" type questions to see if you were someone that would fit into the company atmosphere.

Interview Questions

• What would you say is one of your flaws? and How would you deal with a difficult coworker/peer/manager?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Interview

Arrived, left my name with the front and was called in by the director after ten minutes or so. Was interviewed by the Head of the Department and Director of the Building. They had my resume in hand as they asked me questions about myself and why I wanted to work there.

Accounting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roseville, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Sutter Health (Roseville, CA) in July 2013.

Interview

Easy, this wasn't difficult, the interview was basically informal. They asked basic questions and more of behavioral questions. I spoke with one of the leads and they were really chill and easy going.

Negotiation

I accepted the amount offered.

Volunteer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Sutter Health (Sacramento, CA) in July 2013.

Interview

The interview process was very easy. There is really no wrong awnser. It is usually over the phone, however my experience was in person. They basically just want to know the reason you want to volunteer at their hospital. There is no stress or complications, everything went smoothly and a lot of good help from the volunteer services.

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mather, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Sutter Health (Mather, CA).

Interview

Interview process was a joke. In my case, the interviewer had no clue what Project Management really is or how to identify a skilled project manager. I interviewed for other Sutter Health FTE positions while contracting. Those interviews were better, but still mostly very general. The hiring managers are not very adept at knowing how to identify and hire resources best suited to growing the organization. Often, the hiring manager is too busy and would send a junior team member to conduct the interview.

Interview Questions

• Very basic interview questions, essentially reiterating the same information presented on my resume.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Completely unwilling to negotiate. They severly lowball the salary, citing that people are clammoring to work for Sutter Health. There is talent within the organization, one must look long and hard to find it -- and it's rarely found at the Manager or higher levels.

Support Ops Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Sutter Health (Sacramento, CA) in June 2011.

Interview

It was great. I already worked for the company and they offered me the promotion

Negotiation

Nothing