Sutter Health Interview Questions & Reviews

2.9

LinkAges Program Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Palo Alto, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Process took about a week for somebody to call me for an interview. Met with two people and they were all fairly nice. Asked questions about my work experience and how it relates to the position. Asked about specific job experiences and what I accomplished and what challenges I had. Asked many questions about team work and working in groups and how I overcame challenges for that as well.

Interview Questions
    • What duties did you have during a specific volunteer experience?   Answer Question

Account Representative Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Sutter Health.

Phone interview was quick and easy. Went to panel interview, went well. Was told would find result in 2 weeks minimum. Follow up for two week, all I got was the run around. After 2 months, received a generic email stating a better candidate was selected.

Accounting Intern Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Sutter Health.

I was able to get this position through an acquaintance. The questions I got asked were pretty typical : Tell me about yourself? Why do you think you would be a good fit? What are your past experiences?

Applications Analyst Interview

For the most part the hiring and interview process was pretty standard. What they seemed to be looking for was experience versus any degrees that you currently hold. The questions that they asked were very straight forward and there were a few questions where they asked some "get to know you" type questions to see if you were someone that would fit into the company atmosphere.

Interview Questions
    • What would you say is one of your flaws? and How would you deal with a difficult coworker/peer/manager?   Answer Question
    No negotiation.

Database Administrator III Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Sutter Health.

Interviews are handled very professionally starting with an online application at the Sutter web page. A phone interview comes next followed by in person interviews. You must be ready to present your knowledge and respond to moderately difficuly questions. Heavy emphasis is placed on your attitude, knowledge, and communication skills.

Interview Questions
    • You must be able to sight specifics when talking about technical questions.   Answer Question
    It is important to realize Sutter employs exempt and non-exempt employees. There is on-call as well that you need to be willing to do.

Volunteer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

I interviewed in-person. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Sutter Health in July 2013.

The interview process was very easy. There is really no wrong awnser. It is usually over the phone, however my experience was in person. They basically just want to know the reason you want to volunteer at their hospital. There is no stress or complications, everything went smoothly and a lot of good help from the volunteer services.

Support Ops Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Sutter Health in June 2011.

It was great. I already worked for the company and they offered me the promotion

Nothing

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Mather, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mather, CA

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Sutter Health.

Interview process was a joke. In my case, the interviewer had no clue what Project Management really is or how to identify a skilled project manager. I interviewed for other Sutter Health FTE positions while contracting. Those interviews were better, but still mostly very general. The hiring managers are not very adept at knowing how to identify and hire resources best suited to growing the organization. Often, the hiring manager is too busy and would send a junior team member to conduct the interview.

Interview Questions
    • Very basic interview questions, essentially reiterating the same information presented on my resume.   Answer Question
    Completely unwilling to negotiate. They severly lowball the salary, citing that people are clammoring to work for Sutter Health. There is talent within the organization, one must look long and hard to find it -- and it's rarely found at the Manager or higher levels.

Hopital Security Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Sutter Health in March 2013.

Called me back a long while after I applied. I almost forgot I had applied. Came in for a 5 person panel interview and aced it. Invited the same day to come back the next day for another interview. Aced it and offered position on drive home. Started my process with employee health and was working within 2 weeks or less.

Interview Questions
    • None really, just typical questions about strengths and weaknesses and prior experience. one or two "Name a time when..." questions.   Answer Question
    I negotiated my hourly pay to match previous experience.

Department Secretary Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Sutter Health in August 2013.

I have been trying to get on with Sutter Health for over a year. I had been called in to panel interviews at 3 different locations. The last one was at the location on F Street in East Sac. While all the interviews went well, I wasn't selected for reasons that weren't explained to me. My last panel interview went very well. It was pretty standard without any "gotcha" questions. I was told that they had to interview other people, and that they would be getting back to me soon. I figured that was another rejection so I was very surprised when they called me while I was on my way home to tell me I got the job. I am so looking forward to working there, and hope to show them I am a valuable employee who brings their best to every task given.

Interview Questions
    • There weren't any difficult of unexpected questions. I've heard a few in other interviews like "What are you passionate about?" Sheesh!   Answer Question
    They made a very generous offer. It was more than I expected, so I didn't have to negotiate.

Worked for Sutter Health? Contribute to the Community!