Sutter Health

Updated Mar 23, 2014

Getting the Interview

30 candidate interviews

Database Administrator III Interview

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Sutter Health.

Interview Details – Interviews are handled very professionally starting with an online application at the Sutter web page. A phone interview comes next followed by in person interviews. You must be ready to present your knowledge and respond to moderately difficuly questions. Heavy emphasis is placed on your attitude, knowledge, and communication skills.

Interview Question – You must be able to sight specifics when talking about technical questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – It is important to realize Sutter employs exempt and non-exempt employees. There is on-call as well that you need to be willing to do.

Account Representative Interview

Account Representative

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Sutter Health.

Interview Details – Phone interview was quick and easy. Went to panel interview, went well. Was told would find result in 2 weeks minimum. Follow up for two week, all I got was the run around. After 2 months, received a generic email stating a better candidate was selected.

Interview Question – What is your daily production?   Answer Question

Accounting Intern Interview

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Sutter Health.

Interview Details – I was able to get this position through an acquaintance. The questions I got asked were pretty typical : Tell me about yourself? Why do you think you would be a good fit? What are your past experiences?

Interview Question – Why work in healthcare?   Answer Question

Volunteer Interview

Sacramento, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Sutter Health in July 2013.

Interview Details – The interview process was very easy. There is really no wrong awnser. It is usually over the phone, however my experience was in person. They basically just want to know the reason you want to volunteer at their hospital. There is no stress or complications, everything went smoothly and a lot of good help from the volunteer services.

Interview Question – Why do you want to volunteer?   Answer Question

Senior Project Manager Interview

Senior Project Manager
Mather, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Sutter Health.

Interview Details – Interview process was a joke. In my case, the interviewer had no clue what Project Management really is or how to identify a skilled project manager. I interviewed for other Sutter Health FTE positions while contracting. Those interviews were better, but still mostly very general. The hiring managers are not very adept at knowing how to identify and hire resources best suited to growing the organization. Often, the hiring manager is too busy and would send a junior team member to conduct the interview.

Interview Question – Very basic interview questions, essentially reiterating the same information presented on my resume.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Completely unwilling to negotiate. They severly lowball the salary, citing that people are clammoring to work for Sutter Health. There is talent within the organization, one must look long and hard to find it -- and it's rarely found at the Manager or higher levels.

Support Ops Interview

Sacramento, CA

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Sutter Health in June 2011.

Interview Details – It was great. I already worked for the company and they offered me the promotion

Negotiation Details – Nothing

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Emeryville, CA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Sutter Health in December 2011.

Interview Details – The recruiter and director didn't seem very organized and were on two different schedules. The recruiter insisted that they should have the chosen candidate by the end of the week after I interviewed but the director said it should take at least 3 weeks.

After playing phone tag with the recruiter on the initial set up of the interview we finally got in touch, mostly technical questions were asked leading me to be in the top 4 candidates chosen. The interview with the director went pretty smooth and no challenging questions were asked in which I prepared for. After consistently checking up with both the recruiter and director they ensured to keep me up to date on the decision making process. During the fourth week the recruiter didn't return my call or e-mail so I ended up frantically searching for jobs again, to my amazement they had re-posted the job that they had taken down 3 weeks prior. Since there were only 3 other candidates I felt deceived that I wasn't even notified about the process taking longer than originally planned.

The sixth week is when I got a generic "this position is no longer available" e-mail. I wrote the recruiter to thank her for her time and she wrote back a snobbish letter in which I thought was very unprofessional. Doubt I'll ever look at Sutter Care at Home job opportunities again due to the ill and unprofessional treatment of the recruiter.

Interview Question – What transferable skills from previous experience can you apply to this position?   Answer Question

Healthcare Interview

Yuba City, CA

I applied through other source and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Sutter Health in October 2009.

Interview Details – Greeted warmly, interview went well. Declined offer, too low.

Reason for Declining – Not enough money

EHR Service Desk Analyst Interview

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Sutter Health.

Interview Details – 2 interviews back to back. 1st one with management the 2nd with the leads for the EHR Service desk. Pretty general questions about IT stuff from the technicians. Management just asked general question like why do you want to work here etc.

Interview Question – I didn't encounter anything crazy. Just your standard IT questions.   Answer Question

Site Manager Interview

Castro Valley, CA

I applied through other source and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Sutter Health in May 2011.

Interview Details – Went through 3 rounds of interviews - including a panel interview with entire Business Office supervisory/management team

Interview Question – Nnone. It was simple.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – it was no nonsense - and there was no negotiating. It was a "take it or leave it" offer

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Sutter Health? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Sutter Health interview questions and advice. All 30 interview reviews posted anonymously by Sutter Health employees and interview candidates.