Sutter Health

Updated Dec 2, 2014
Updated Dec 2, 2014

2.9

Facilities Clerk Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sutter Health in January 2012.

Came in as a temp. Then there was no interview, but once you start on as a permitted employee, you must pass a background check, drug test and physical. Other departments have a phone interview, then a one on one, then a panel interview.

Interview Questions
    • None, I started as a contractor through a local temp agency. Not the type that has a rediculious amount of perks.   Answer Question
    Horrible, I was only brought on as a limited term employee. That means you get benefits, but still have an end date. My manager told me that was her ONLY option, yet hired someone after me with less experience and time as an Full Term employee with no expiration date. That was acceptable to her because he is a friend of her assistant. What ever her assistant says, goes.

Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Sutter Health.

I had 2 panel interviews and a one on one with the hiring director. About 6 people on each panel. It was a long process from the time I applied. About 2 months. Be prepared to answer many questions from all people on the panel. I would say out of all of the places I have interviewed, it wasn't the hardest, but it wasn't the easiest either. They did really pick apart my resume. Mostly to see if it was accurate.

Interview Questions
    • Most questions were situational. How I would handle difficult situations.   Answer Question
    HR controls the company hiring and has limits on negotiations.

Accounting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roseville, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roseville, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Sutter Health in July 2013.

Easy, this wasn't difficult, the interview was basically informal. They asked basic questions and more of behavioral questions. I spoke with one of the leads and they were really chill and easy going.

I accepted the amount offered.

Applications Analyst Interview

For the most part the hiring and interview process was pretty standard. What they seemed to be looking for was experience versus any degrees that you currently hold. The questions that they asked were very straight forward and there were a few questions where they asked some "get to know you" type questions to see if you were someone that would fit into the company atmosphere.

Interview Questions
    • What would you say is one of your flaws? and How would you deal with a difficult coworker/peer/manager?   Answer Question
    No negotiation.

LinkAges Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Process took about a week for somebody to call me for an interview. Met with two people and they were all fairly nice. Asked questions about my work experience and how it relates to the position. Asked about specific job experiences and what I accomplished and what challenges I had. Asked many questions about team work and working in groups and how I overcame challenges for that as well.

Interview Questions
    • What duties did you have during a specific volunteer experience?   Answer Question

Quality Review and Risk Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Sutter Health in June 2014.

Interviewed via phone for an interim management position. Thorough reference check, basic orientation done on the fly by director and human resources due to vacations. Hired as interim manager while company actively recruits for the position. Company transparent about this being a high turnover position with extremely poor retention of employees in the department.

HMO PPO Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sutter Health in September 2012.

A little tence which is expeted and with a great suppervisor and staff members that were in the panel. I have a wonderful job and plan on staying here as long as I can.

Hopital Security Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sutter Health in March 2013.

Called me back a long while after I applied. I almost forgot I had applied. Came in for a 5 person panel interview and aced it. Invited the same day to come back the next day for another interview. Aced it and offered position on drive home. Started my process with employee health and was working within 2 weeks or less.

Interview Questions
    • None really, just typical questions about strengths and weaknesses and prior experience. one or two "Name a time when..." questions.   Answer Question
    I negotiated my hourly pay to match previous experience.

Accounting Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Sutter Health.

I applied online through my school for an internship with Sutter and heard back from them a little over month and a half. The interview was pretty typical, had questions about my customer service experience, why do I want to study accounting, etc. Overall, it has been a good experience and I am happy that they wanted me to join their team.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing out of ordinary, just questions of why you would be a good fit, why do you want to study accounting, etc.   Answer Question

Registered Nurse Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sutter Health.

Many many applicants per position, helps to know someone already working in the department. Initially apply online and complete questionnaires about work history and experience. If pass online questionnaires, then application forwarded to department management. Initial interview with department managers, second and sub-sequential interviews usually with peer staff members in collaboration with management.

Interview Questions
    • What is your approach to your personal workload and the workload of others?   Answer Question