Sutter Health Interview Questions

Updated Jul 9, 2014
Updated Jul 9, 2014

2.9

Accounting Intern Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Sutter Health.

I was able to get this position through an acquaintance. The questions I got asked were pretty typical : Tell me about yourself? Why do you think you would be a good fit? What are your past experiences?

ETL Architect Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Sutter Health in August 2013.

It went fine. Had 4 people on the call. call was focused more on leadership , people management abilities

Interview Questions

salary negotiation didn't go as expected

Dermatologist/Physician Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Sutter Health.

Great interview process but long - 2 days in total. They cover all expenses and reimburse everything as well. My husband was able to travel with me for the interviews and expenses were covered for him also. First day: Tour of clinic and several meetings (both group and one-on-one) with internal medicine and Derm dpt. Last interview session is 1 hour and is a behavioral interview.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about a time you disagreed with your boss and what you did in that situation. What did you learn from it?   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time you made a medical error/mistake, what you did, what you learned.   Answer Question

Better alternative options

Account Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Sutter Health.

Phone interview was quick and easy. Went to panel interview, went well. Was told would find result in 2 weeks minimum. Follow up for two week, all I got was the run around. After 2 months, received a generic email stating a better candidate was selected.

Volunteer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Sacramento, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Sutter Health in July 2013.

The interview process was very easy. There is really no wrong awnser. It is usually over the phone, however my experience was in person. They basically just want to know the reason you want to volunteer at their hospital. There is no stress or complications, everything went smoothly and a lot of good help from the volunteer services.

Infrastructure PM Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Mather, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mather, CA

I applied online - interviewed at Sutter Health in August 2013.

Inistial interview in phone. Fairly short, but to the point. Got immediate feedback as to how I did. Feed back was good which led me to think I'd make it to the next round which I did. In person interview was within 2 weeks and had representatives from 3 areas relating to the position. Process was quite informal and also went well. Withing 10 day received an offer which I accepted.

Interview Questions
    • Most unexpected thing that happened was that the hiring mgr for this position attended the final in person interview and just commented that we had already spoken as he did the previous phone interview, and that he didn't need to ask anymore questions as he was satisfied with my previous answers and he was okay with me as far as he was concerned.   Answer Question
    It went through a 3rd party recruiter and wasn't officially an offer untuil the background check was completed.

Department Secretary Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Sacramento, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

I have been trying to get on with Sutter Health for over a year. I had been called in to panel interviews at 3 different locations. The last one was at the location on F Street in East Sac. While all the interviews went well, I wasn't selected for reasons that weren't explained to me. My last panel interview went very well. It was pretty standard without any "gotcha" questions. I was told that they had to interview other people, and that they would be getting back to me soon. I figured that was another rejection so I was very surprised when they called me while I was on my way home to tell me I got the job. I am so looking forward to working there, and hope to show them I am a valuable employee who brings their best to every task given.

Interview Questions
    • There weren't any difficult of unexpected questions. I've heard a few in other interviews like "What are you passionate about?" Sheesh!   Answer Question
    They made a very generous offer. It was more than I expected, so I didn't have to negotiate.

Site Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Castro Valley, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Castro Valley, CA

I applied through other source. The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Sutter Health in May 2011.

Went through 3 rounds of interviews - including a panel interview with entire Business Office supervisory/management team

Interview Questions
    it was no nonsense - and there was no negotiating. It was a "take it or leave it" offer

Pharmacy Supervisor Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Sutter Health in February 2009.

administration remotely involved, somewhat dependent on staff priorities

Interview Questions
    • what strengths can you bring to daily operations? how do you motivate people?   Answer Question
    none, no negotiations

Research Programmer Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Sutter Health.

Was an online interview through webcam. Not very friendly and quite intimidating. microphone was not clear at all in their end and they asked very random questions not relating to programming at all

Interview Questions
    • Testing different types of case studies when my position encompassed programming   Answer Question