Sutter Health

Relevance Date Difficulty

HMO PPO Support Interview

HMO PPO Support
Sacramento, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Sutter Health in September 2012.

Interview Details – A little tence which is expeted and with a great suppervisor and staff members that were in the panel. I have a wonderful job and plan on staying here as long as I can.

Hopital Security Officer Interview

Hopital Security Officer
Sacramento, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Sutter Health in March 2013.

Interview Details – Called me back a long while after I applied. I almost forgot I had applied. Came in for a 5 person panel interview and aced it. Invited the same day to come back the next day for another interview. Aced it and offered position on drive home. Started my process with employee health and was working within 2 weeks or less.

Interview Question – None really, just typical questions about strengths and weaknesses and prior experience. one or two "Name a time when..." questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I negotiated my hourly pay to match previous experience.

Applications Analyst II Interview

Applications Analyst II
Sacramento, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Sutter Health in February 2011.

Interview Details – 30-minute phone screen with 2-3 current staff to review resume elements;

60-minute panel interview with 7-8, including hiring manager; round-robin approach to pre-scripted questions, with no/minimal ad-hoc questions; 10 minutes reserved at end for application to ask questions

Interview Question – "Build me a snowman".   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Difficult and elongated; getting through the onboarding process with HR was arduous, independent of efficient background chec, employment & education verification, kdrug-screening, and reference checks.

After hire, I subsequently learned and realized that many highly qualified candidates chosen by panel interview are lost due to the 3-6 week delay in starting work..

Administrative Assistant Interview

Administrative Assistant
Sacramento, CA

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Sutter Health in July 2010.

Interview Details – Used an employment agency to get in the door. Interviewed with employment agency and then with the key staff I would be working with. Questions were asked about my computer abilities as well as my skill level and experience.

Interview Question – What is one thing about your most recent job that you do not like and why?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation available.

Very Easy Interview

Volunteer Interview

Volunteer
Sacramento, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Sutter Health in July 2013.

Interview Details – The interview process was very easy. There is really no wrong awnser. It is usually over the phone, however my experience was in person. They basically just want to know the reason you want to volunteer at their hospital. There is no stress or complications, everything went smoothly and a lot of good help from the volunteer services.

Interview Question – Why do you want to volunteer?   Answer Question

Infrastructure PM Interview

Infrastructure PM
Mather, CA

I applied online - interviewed at Sutter Health in August 2013.

Interview Details – Inistial interview in phone. Fairly short, but to the point. Got immediate feedback as to how I did. Feed back was good which led me to think I'd make it to the next round which I did. In person interview was within 2 weeks and had representatives from 3 areas relating to the position. Process was quite informal and also went well. Withing 10 day received an offer which I accepted.

Interview Question – Most unexpected thing that happened was that the hiring mgr for this position attended the final in person interview and just commented that we had already spoken as he did the previous phone interview, and that he didn't need to ask anymore questions as he was satisfied with my previous answers and he was okay with me as far as he was concerned.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – It went through a 3rd party recruiter and wasn't officially an offer untuil the background check was completed.

Department Secretary Interview

Department Secretary
Sacramento, CA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Sutter Health in August 2013.

Interview Details – I have been trying to get on with Sutter Health for over a year. I had been called in to panel interviews at 3 different locations. The last one was at the location on F Street in East Sac. While all the interviews went well, I wasn't selected for reasons that weren't explained to me. My last panel interview went very well. It was pretty standard without any "gotcha" questions. I was told that they had to interview other people, and that they would be getting back to me soon. I figured that was another rejection so I was very surprised when they called me while I was on my way home to tell me I got the job. I am so looking forward to working there, and hope to show them I am a valuable employee who brings their best to every task given.

Interview Question – There weren't any difficult of unexpected questions. I've heard a few in other interviews like "What are you passionate about?" Sheesh!   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They made a very generous offer. It was more than I expected, so I didn't have to negotiate.

Very Easy Interview

Senior Project Manager Interview

Senior Project Manager
Mather, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Sutter Health.

Interview Details – Interview process was a joke. In my case, the interviewer had no clue what Project Management really is or how to identify a skilled project manager. I interviewed for other Sutter Health FTE positions while contracting. Those interviews were better, but still mostly very general. The hiring managers are not very adept at knowing how to identify and hire resources best suited to growing the organization. Often, the hiring manager is too busy and would send a junior team member to conduct the interview.

Interview Question – Very basic interview questions, essentially reiterating the same information presented on my resume.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Completely unwilling to negotiate. They severly lowball the salary, citing that people are clammoring to work for Sutter Health. There is talent within the organization, one must look long and hard to find it -- and it's rarely found at the Manager or higher levels.

Financial Analyst Interview

Financial Analyst
Sacramento, CA

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Sutter Health in May 2012.

Interview Details – Interview was initiated by department admin, throughout the whole process I did not have any interaction with a recruiter or someone from HR until the end when I got a boiler plate thank you for applying email. The process started with a group phone interview, followed by a panel interview, followed by another panel interview and ended with a skills test and the process is dragged out between multiple days requiring to take a decent amount of time off if you are currently working. All the questions are very engaging, open ended analytic in nature and throughout the dialogue you gain a good sense of the role and responsibilities.

Interview Questions

Support Services Interview

Support Services
Sacramento, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Sutter Health in May 2010.

Interview Details – Phone interview. Hiring Manager interview. Six person panel interview. Personality question. Job skills questions. Previous accomplishment questions. How do you handle difficult situations, how would you communicate in a persuasive manner with doctors or nurses.

Negotiation Details – Simple. Competitive salaries required little negotiation.

Worked for Sutter Health? Contribute to the Community!