Sutter Health Interview Questions in Sacramento, CA

2.6

17 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Department Secretary Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Sutter Health in August 2013.

I have been trying to get on with Sutter Health for over a year. I had been called in to panel interviews at 3 different locations. The last one was at the location on F Street in East Sac. While all the interviews went well, I wasn't selected for reasons that weren't explained to me. My last panel interview went very well. It was pretty standard without any "gotcha" questions. I was told that they had to interview other people, and that they would be getting back to me soon. I figured that was another rejection so I was very surprised when they called me while I was on my way home to tell me I got the job. I am so looking forward to working there, and hope to show them I am a valuable employee who brings their best to every task given.

Interview Questions
    • There weren't any difficult of unexpected questions. I've heard a few in other interviews like "What are you passionate about?" Sheesh!   Answer Question
    They made a very generous offer. It was more than I expected, so I didn't have to negotiate.

Infrastructure PM Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Mather, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mather, CA

I applied online - interviewed at Sutter Health in August 2013.

Inistial interview in phone. Fairly short, but to the point. Got immediate feedback as to how I did. Feed back was good which led me to think I'd make it to the next round which I did. In person interview was within 2 weeks and had representatives from 3 areas relating to the position. Process was quite informal and also went well. Withing 10 day received an offer which I accepted.

Interview Questions
    • Most unexpected thing that happened was that the hiring mgr for this position attended the final in person interview and just commented that we had already spoken as he did the previous phone interview, and that he didn't need to ask anymore questions as he was satisfied with my previous answers and he was okay with me as far as he was concerned.   Answer Question
    It went through a 3rd party recruiter and wasn't officially an offer untuil the background check was completed.

Volunteer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Sutter Health in July 2013.

The interview process was very easy. There is really no wrong awnser. It is usually over the phone, however my experience was in person. They basically just want to know the reason you want to volunteer at their hospital. There is no stress or complications, everything went smoothly and a lot of good help from the volunteer services.

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Mather, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mather, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Sutter Health.

Interview process was a joke. In my case, the interviewer had no clue what Project Management really is or how to identify a skilled project manager. I interviewed for other Sutter Health FTE positions while contracting. Those interviews were better, but still mostly very general. The hiring managers are not very adept at knowing how to identify and hire resources best suited to growing the organization. Often, the hiring manager is too busy and would send a junior team member to conduct the interview.

Interview Questions
    • Very basic interview questions, essentially reiterating the same information presented on my resume.   Answer Question
    Completely unwilling to negotiate. They severly lowball the salary, citing that people are clammoring to work for Sutter Health. There is talent within the organization, one must look long and hard to find it -- and it's rarely found at the Manager or higher levels.

Hopital Security Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Sutter Health in March 2013.

Called me back a long while after I applied. I almost forgot I had applied. Came in for a 5 person panel interview and aced it. Invited the same day to come back the next day for another interview. Aced it and offered position on drive home. Started my process with employee health and was working within 2 weeks or less.

Interview Questions
    • None really, just typical questions about strengths and weaknesses and prior experience. one or two "Name a time when..." questions.   Answer Question
    I negotiated my hourly pay to match previous experience.

HMO PPO Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Sutter Health in September 2012.

A little tence which is expeted and with a great suppervisor and staff members that were in the panel. I have a wonderful job and plan on staying here as long as I can.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Sutter Health in May 2012.

Interview was initiated by department admin, throughout the whole process I did not have any interaction with a recruiter or someone from HR until the end when I got a boiler plate thank you for applying email. The process started with a group phone interview, followed by a panel interview, followed by another panel interview and ended with a skills test and the process is dragged out between multiple days requiring to take a decent amount of time off if you are currently working. All the questions are very engaging, open ended analytic in nature and throughout the dialogue you gain a good sense of the role and responsibilities.

Support Ops Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Sutter Health in June 2011.

It was great. I already worked for the company and they offered me the promotion

Nothing

Systems Engineer III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Rancho Cordova, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rancho Cordova, CA

The process took a day - interviewed at Sutter Health in April 2011.

I was called for a phone interview with the hiring manager. My technical skills were explained and he thoroughly enjoyed my background on various items. He informed me that a further one-on-one interview would be necessary with a panel of technical folks.

On the day of the one-on-one interview I arrived at the location on time. I was escorted and taken to a conference room where there was a panel of people with various technical expertises from Web Developers, Production Support, Managers and Engineers. Most of the panel were men along with only one female. Various questions were asked from windows IIS servers, Weblogic, Database and Linux/Unix. I felt confident about my answers. At the end of the first round, I was taken to another waiting area and was asked to wait around 15 minutes for them to decide if I made it to the second round.

After 15 minutes, the hiring manager came to escort me out of the building, he proceeded to explain that I didn’t qualify for the position because I didn’t have enough Windows 2008 Server experience along with IIS 7 which I found it almost laughable since his staff learned the technology four months before my interview. Usually my experience on Unix/Linux is a demonstration that I can learn just about any operating system but that was not the case here. Windows trumped Unix? When has anyone seen that before? The hiring manager seemed very heart broken that his staff of technical folks didn’t want to proceed with a second interview which lead me to believe that something else was at work. To be told that I was not technical enough because I didn’t know one piece of a technology is a flat out lie and that leads me to believe they were making an excuse.

I got the impression that this is a Good O Boys shop. There was only one woman in the interview panel which was a Manager and I didn’t see many women working in the Information Technology building. I’ve never heard of a job that requires people to know exactly every piece of Technology and not be given an opportunity to learn new items on the job.

Applications Analyst II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Sutter Health in February 2011.

30-minute phone screen with 2-3 current staff to review resume elements;

60-minute panel interview with 7-8, including hiring manager; round-robin approach to pre-scripted questions, with no/minimal ad-hoc questions; 10 minutes reserved at end for application to ask questions

Interview Questions
    Difficult and elongated; getting through the onboarding process with HR was arduous, independent of efficient background chec, employment & education verification, kdrug-screening, and reference checks.

After hire, I subsequently learned and realized that many highly qualified candidates chosen by panel interview are lost due to the 3-6 week delay in starting work..

Worked for Sutter Health? Contribute to the Community!