Swagelok Engineering Interview Questions

2.3

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Solon, OH
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Solon, OH

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at Swagelok in November 2010.

I liked Every thing about the company and the interview process was smooth and as usual. very friendly HR department. after a 30 min phone interview, I did a 1:1 interview at Swagelok. It was long and challenging. It turned out that they sponsor for internationals but I had a good interview experience with them.

Other Interview Reviews for Swagelok

Engineering Interview

The process took 8 weeks - interviewed at Swagelok in June 2010.

I was recruited by a local recruiter for an engineering position at Swagelock
    during the spring of 2010. Interviewing at Swagelok was unlike any other
    experience or interview I've have ever encountered or heard of.

Screening-

I went through (3) three phone interviews that took about 30 minutes to an hour each.
    This was then followed by (3) three on site interviews at their facility.

Six times I took off work to accommodate their schedules at my own expense for the
    phone and on site interviews. The total process took about 8 weeks.

I really didn’t get the impression that they were interested in hiring me or anyone.
    They seem to want information concerning software that I had used
    in the last few years; that was the only questions they kept asking me.
    They wanted to know about the difficulty, problems and integration with said software.
    It was as if they were buying new software and they wanted input from people who had
    used it.

There wasn’t a technical test or skill test.

I responded with a thank you and follow up letter after each interview. After the last interview
    I never heard back from them. I had to call the recruiter 3 times to find out that they had
    decided to look elsewhere to fill the position, he even had a hard time connecting with them.

Side note here - The interviews were during the worst Ohio spring weather we had in years.
    At the time of the last interview there was driving hard rain, tornado warnings, flood warnings,
    high wind and hail. I traveled there thru all of this anyway and on time. I didn't ask to be
    rescheduled for a later time or different day due to the weather nor did I complain.
    For safety concerns the interview should have been postponed.

What an experience-
    Left me wondering about the ethics and business conduct of the company.

Engineering Interview

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Swagelok in August 2009.

Before getting the opportunity to interview, there was an initial phone screening. After that, there was an online skills assessment before I was offered the interview. During the first part of the interview the hr person went over my scores on the skills and personality assessment and how it fit with their needs. It looked like I was a pretty good fit from that perspective. There were interviews with 3 other individuals that were mostly concerned about technical details of my work experience. I didn't have experience in their field, which is what I think hurt my chances.

Interview Questions

Worked for Swagelok? Contribute to the Community!