Swansea University Interview Questions

Updated Apr 28, 2015

3.2

Interviews for Top Jobs at Swansea University

Careers Officer Interview

Interview

Very standard interview, generally pleasant. 3 person panel including potential line manager, potential colleague, and senior manager. There is a presentation required for all grade 7 positions - brief, 10 minute presentation on a subject directly related to the role and how you would carry out the duties of it.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about yourself, why are you interested in this role, detail your experience in HE student support/guidance, etc.   Answer Question

Careers Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Swansea, Wales (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Swansea University (Swansea, Wales (UK)) in April 2014.

Interview

The interview itself involved a ten minute presentation on a pre-set topic that I was made aware of at the interview offer stage. This was followed by twenty minute interview of mainly competency based questions and questions relating directly to the person specification set in the Job Advert.

Interview Questions

• Competency based questions and questions relating directly to the person specification. eg- Tell us about a time you provided sessions for students...   Answer Question

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Swansea University.

Interview

Online application and cover letter. You must summit a cover letter type statement that includes the essential criteria otherwise they won't consider you. 1 interview and was told I had the job within a week.

Interview Questions

• How would I solve this problem directly related to the job description.   1 Answer

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Swansea, Wales (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Swansea University (Swansea, Wales (UK)) in September 2010.

Interview

Panel interview with limited time to have long answer