Swarovski

Relevance Date Difficulty

Brand Ambassador Interview

Brand Ambassador
Riverside, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Swarovski in March 2013.

Interview Details – Did the online application and assessment and received a call for an interview the following day for that afternoon. Went in, filled out an application with the full timer, and then interviewed with the store manager. Pretty general questions and got hired on the spot.

Interview Question – They ask you to sell a product   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Non-negotiable

Staff Accountant Interview

Staff Accountant
Cranston, RI

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Swarovski in November 2013.

Interview Details – I applied on-line and the process took 1 week - interviewed in November 2013. Standard process. Interviewed with HR and the hiring manager.

Interview Question – Describe the perfect manager   Answer Question

Keyholder/Brand Ambassador Interview

Keyholder/Brand Ambassador
Los Angeles, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Swarovski in August 2013.

Interview Details – Very standard and simple process, nothing out of the ordinary. Be prepared for the usual computer E-learning modules.

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate
Miami, FL

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Swarovski in March 2014.

Interview Details – asked in store as a customer, applied online, 2 face to face interviews and 1 phone interview with the district manager.

Interview Question – all about sales mostly   View Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate
Dulles, VA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Swarovski in January 2012.

Interview Details – One interview was done for me after filling out an online application with a test to see how I handle customers. Before getting the 1 to 1 interview I had a brief phone interview. The interview was pretty basic, i.e. what I expected from the company and if I saw myself going up in the company.

Interview Question – none of the questions were hard to be honest. Just go in there confidently and you'll do great!   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation, I was given the base pay.

Part Time Interview

Part Time
Schaumburg, IL

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Swarovski.

Interview Details – Explain a little about yourself? Explain a time you dealt with customer and how, explain a time you stepped up and led a team, have you ever been put in a position where you didnt have enough knowledge to do the performed tasks

Interview Question – How do you feel working by yourself?   Answer Question

Director Business Development Interview

Director Business Development

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Swarovski.

Interview Details – Two levels of phone interviews, then regional VP, then Executive VP

Interview Question – How can you make our executive with no experience in your industry look better? What specific steps would you take?   Answer Question

District Sales Manager Interview

District Sales Manager

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Swarovski.

Interview Details – Behavioral based interview. Long process, several tiers of interviews. Be patient.

Keyholder/Brand Ambassador Interview

Keyholder/Brand Ambassador
Stamford, CT

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Swarovski in July 2013.

Interview Details – very easy, got asked a couple wuestions about my selling skills.

Negotiation Details – very easy and straight forward. you get what you ask for

Full-Time Sales Associate Interview

Full-Time Sales Associate

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Swarovski in March 2012.

Interview Details – I was hired internally and knew of the opening when it became available, since I was already a part-time associate. I'd known for a while that it would open up, so I'd been talking to the former full-timer quite a bit. I'd also tried to show more initiative at work and take responsibility for new things.

The store manager posted ads on a few websites, considered half a dozen resumes, and interviewed one other person. I definitely had the advantage since I already worked there and knew the company, managers, and job expectations well, but I still needed to prove myself. The full-timer at many boutiques is almost an assistant manager: the manager's right-hand man/woman, the one responsible for the most sales, the person who knows how to do operational tasks and can fill in for the manager when needed.

External candidates will need to get online and fill out a quick application, then take an assessment that takes at least 35 minutes. The assessment is mostly valuable, I've found (unlike some of the ones other companies use.) It gauges your customer service and sales instincts, your ambition, and your level of passiveness-assertiveness-aggressiveness. If you pass, your information is sent to the manager. I recommend taking the additional step of bringing them your resume in person (while dressed well), or at least emailing it or calling them to introduce yourself.

My manager and I sat down for about 30 minutes in the backroom of the store. If you're an external candidate, you will probably fill out some paperwork before the interview. He asked me several questions. Some I remember:
* What interests you in this position?
* What skills make you a good fit for this role?
* Where do you want to be in 5 years?

Even though no one explicitly asked me to, I figured it was a good idea to have my resume there, along with a list I'd made of thoughts I had about the position and how I'd do in it. I also listed things I wanted to improve on. I took the job description and made bullet points in response to each requirement or task it listed. That was definitely a good idea. I was more prepared and it showed I took the job seriously. He raised a few small concerns he had, and I spoke to those as well as I could. One of them surprised me, but I kept calm. Overall I felt it went well. I also had a new understanding of what the manager's needs were.

After the manager decided I should get the second interview (within a day or so), I spoke with the district manager on the phone for about 45 minutes about the job. It was more of a conversation than an interview, really. I asked him about what qualities successful full-timers have and what he saw as strengths and opportunities for both me and the store. If he hadn't already met me, I don't know if the interview would have been in person. Generally they are.

The manager and district manager chose me for the job (yay!) They liked that I took the job seriously and had prepared for the interviews and engaged with them well. They also were happy to promote someone who already knew the basic tasks and company culture. After that, all I had to do was get approved and negotiate my pay. I didn't need a background check, since it had been done when I was hired part-time, but new employees would. (I know people who were almost hired there but didn't pass their check. One of them had a public intoxication arrest a few years prior when he was in college.)

Other people in this position came from luxury retail backgrounds and found the opening online. Many managers also recruit from nearby stores and have people in mind for their next opening. It's crucial to dress professionally for the interview. The ideal outfit is a dark suit, since that's the dress code, but if you can't buy that until you have an offer, wear a light suit or dress pants/skirt and a nice blouse or Oxford shirt. Since this is a sales position, managers want to see a friendly and professional attitude and good communication skills.

Once you're hired, you're eligible for health insurance after 90 days. (Get it. The plans are reasonably priced and cover everything I've ever needed with low co-pays.) If you don't need to give your current job two week's notice, the manager may have you start earlier.

Interview Question – None of the questions were unexpected for me, although it was hard for me to answer where I wanted to be in 5 years. I was also somewhat unprepared when the manager brought up a criticism that some of my coworkers had shared with him. (The one downside of being an internal hire!)   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Now is the time to negotiate. The company does annual reviews but generally doesn't offer raises more than 1-3%, so you want to start as high as you reasonably can. When I was hired, I was told HR would only increase my part-time salary by about 18%. I asked them to round it up by about 12 cents an hour to an even dollar amount, and the district manager approved that.

Worked for Swarovski? Contribute to the Community!