Swedish Medical Center

Updated Jan 16, 2015
Updated Jan 16, 2015

3.1

Research Coordinator II Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Swedish Medical Center.

friendly staff, interview coordinated by an admin through Google Calendar. Very quick follow up. Offered 2nd interview before I left from the first one. Offered the job before I left the 2nd interview

Interview Questions
    • how would your friends describe your personality? What part of your personality do you hope this position will accentuate?   Answer Question

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Swedish Medical Center in January 2015.

I applied my position online and after i passed my frist interview in HealthOne office, they get me a second interview for the hospital that Im applying. I have 5 panels who interviewed me. They ask my Scenario questions, Behavioral questions and Traditional questions.

Interview Questions
    • What is your short term and Long tern goal?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about your recent Teamwork project, how you achieve it and the result?   View Answer

Human Resources Director Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at Swedish Medical Center.

Very structured behavioral interviewing with strict adherence to interview questions. I experienced no flexibility in the interviewers to ask exploratory questions based on what you said - always used the boxed questions. Made the interview a bit awkward and stiff feeling to me as the interviewee. Just be prepared for this very structured approach.

Pateint Care Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Swedish Medical Center.

Scattered and unorganized - as the company is transitioned into Providence systems, the quality of people and level of experience is exceptionally low with very few people coming from a medical background. The process was crazy - first HR, then multiple clinic directors, all with different agendas and needs, and no solid clarification on the direction or the needs of the position. Constant mention of replacing "seat fillers" - be wary - not even woth the experience on your resume at tyhis point.

Interview Questions
    • How do you tolerate verbal and sometimes physical abuse?   Answer Question
    No negotiation phase - it is what it is

PSC Interview

phone interview, in person interview, meet and greet. Time from application submission until they contact me for an interview was long- months! But after interviewing, I was offered the position right away. new employees go through a 2 day corporate training upon hire

Certified Nursing Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonds, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonds, WA

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Swedish Medical Center in July 2014.

My hiring manager was really nice, honest and direct. She asked me how to describe myself as a worker and gave me an opportunity to discuss my work experience. Then she talked about what she was looking for an employee. We had a match which was perfect!

Interview Questions
    • Everything was straight forward. I wasn't thrown off guard with any particular question.   Answer Question

Registered Nurse Resident Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Swedish Medical Center in May 2014.

I initially filled out a general online application for the RN resident program. I was contacted by HR to schedule an initial interview which had to be on the phone due to me being out of town. I didn't hear anything after the interview for 2 weeks and I had to reach out for them to tell me I was selected to continue on. It was another 2 weeks between that point and my in person peer interview. This interview took place on the specific unit with two nurse managers and two current floor nurses. They "graded" each interviewee and supposedly ranked each one and decided from there. I had no issues with the actual interviews.

However, the hiring/interview process for this specific RN resident program was a disaster. The first "hiccup" happened for the phone interview--the interviewer had no idea that it was a phone interview thus calling me 50 minutes late after I spoke with the recruiting coordinator. The time lag between initial application and in-person interview was over two months and the time it took to make the decision was unexpectedly long. I felt as though I would never have been contacted if I didn't reach out several times along the way. It seemed as though the communication between the various departments was rather disorganized. The coordination HR and the unit managers seemed disjointed. I know I am not the only one who had such difficulties with this process through Swedish.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were as to be expected. The phone interview was typical questions such as why Swedish? Why (insert specialty here)? Can you commit to working two years for Swedish? etc. The in-person peer interview questions looked for specific examples of situations where you had to adapt, lead, etc.   Answer Question

NICU RN Residency Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied online. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at Swedish Medical Center in May 2014.

I applied online for the residency position and emailed HR to check in. I was eventually given a date for a phone interview and afterwards received a call back to schedule an in person interview. This particular unit used an interview team with a variety of employees for a behavioral interview before giving me a tour of the NICU.

Interview Questions
    • All were behavioral questions, just remember to work on developing specific examples you can apply to a variety of questions. My most difficult question was regarding how I handle conflict. But I believe they just want to make sure you are well spoken and manage conflict in a responsible, respectful manner.   Answer Question

Clinical Social Worker Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Swedish Medical Center.

It can be hard to get your foot in the door. It does help to know someone who can give your resume directly to the manager in addition to going through HR. That is what I was finally able to do after trying to get a job here for a couple of years. The hiring and interview process is quite prolonged and thorough. At the time I was hired, new employees had to take a behavioral test which asked questions like "Would you take home office supplies for personal use?" I don't believe they do that anymore, however. Current interviewing usually involves an individual and panel interview. Once you are hired, there is an extensive background check.

Interview Questions
    • I don't really remember. But I know that current interviews involve questions about specific scenarios and how you would handle each one.   Answer Question

Patient Access Supervisor Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Swedish Medical Center.

The hiring process starts with a phone interview with a recruiter. Once this is complete, an interview is scheduled with the hiring manager and possibly two team members. In most situations this is the end of the process and the manager of the department will make a selection. HR will then call and make a job offer.

During the process, I had a second interview and was interrogated by the a senior leadership person. This should have been a huge red flag. The red flag was ignored. The department manager offered the job over the phone. The rate of pay was significantly less that what a contract person was making for the same position. The manager was embarrassed. The manager contacted HR to obtain a pay range to offer. It was a little better that what the contract pay was.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult was to keep my composure while being interrogated by a senior leader. It was awful and very unexpected. I had never experience anything like this before. She was rude, demeaning, and very unprofessional.   View Answer
    It was a mistake to accept the position.