Sweetbay Supermarket

13 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Stock Clerk Interview

Stock Clerk

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Sweetbay Supermarket.

Interview Details – Questions about food and interests

Interview Question – Why should we hire you   Answer Question

Pharmacy Technician Interview

Pharmacy Technician
South Tampa, FL

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Sweetbay Supermarket in January 2011.

Interview Details – Initially a walk in to see if they were hiring, then got interviewed on the spot. Manager asked to see my credentials which I brought in the following day.

Interview Question – Asked me why I wanted this job when it was not related to my major.   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Customer Service Leader Interview

Customer Service Leader
Temple Terrace, FL

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Sweetbay Supermarket in July 2010.

Interview Details – The hiring and interviewing process is simply, you answer question smartly and politely, being intelligent, and you got the job.

Interview Question – No real had question, toughest would be where do you see yourself in 5 years.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – non-negotiable

Cashier Interview

Cashier

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Sweetbay Supermarket.

Interview Details – Just one interview and hired

Interview Question – Just basic questions about customer service   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Just about hourly pay

Deli Manager Interview

Deli Manager
Naples, FL

I applied online and interviewed at Sweetbay Supermarket.

Interview Details – Basic, not very detailed

Interview Question – Please try to be as detailed as possible regarding the technical question, business case, etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They low balled me but I explained my certification, experience & told them what I would except and they offered me 1 penny less...

Produce Associate Interview

Produce Associate
Sarasota, FL

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Sweetbay Supermarket in October 2009.

Interview Details – I was just given a "hiring packet" to fill out and had a date set for orientation at which the company is discussed and the Sweetbay culture as well. It took maybe 20 minutes.

Interview Question – What was my favorite food.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There wasnt one really i was just finished orientation and was then given my schedule to start work.

Marketing Interview

Marketing

I applied in-person and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Sweetbay Supermarket in September 2009.

Interview Details – Lengthy, unorganized. There was zero onboarding. You show up and they just stare at you.

Customer Service Manager Interview

Customer Service Manager
Tampa, FL

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Sweetbay Supermarket in September 2009.

Interview Details – First you need to check and look for an internal posting on the company website, once the job is posted you must fill out an internal application and have it signed by your Store Manager and District Manager before submitting it to Corporate. Someone from HR will call and let you know that your application has been received and give you an interview date and time within a few weeks after the position closes for posting. The next step is a panel interview with the District Manager, Store Manager, and Assistant Manager of the store that you are applying for. Be patient... they all but offered me the job during my interview, but it was a few months before I actually got a phone call from the District Manager confirming that I had received the promotion.

Interview Question – All the questions are Customer Service driven. Check out the company website for a structured set of interview questions all CSM's are suppose to ask during an interview. This will give you an idea of what the company is looking for. Focus your answers on quality customer service, your commitment to work weekends, holidays and long hours, and you will do just fine. The one question I asked in every interview was, "What are your three best personality traits?" I followed that up with, "What are your three biggest weaknesses?" Remember to focus on your good and downplay your bad.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was little negotiation. I was given a pay scale and it was pretty much set in stone.

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate
Arcadia, FL

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Sweetbay Supermarket in September 2012.

Interview Details – It is a bit long and quite thorough. First you have to be picked to interview, so on your application be sure to add any special qualities you may have, they want to have a very diverse team. Be completely honest with them, they are very understanding. Its pretty simple though.

Interview Question – Was to tell them about a time when i was very agitated what did I do, and how do i act or behave when i get mad, and if they were to ask a family member would they agree with what i had to say about myself.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was told that they wished to hire me, and they asked me what department i would feel the most comfortable working in.

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate
Ocala, FL

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Sweetbay Supermarket in March 2011.

Interview Details – very good ... all questions were answered to my satisfaction.

Interview Question – none   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Sweetbay Supermarket? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Sweetbay Supermarket interview questions and advice. All 13 interview reviews posted anonymously by Sweetbay Supermarket employees and interview candidates.