Swett & Crawford Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at Swett & Crawford

Insurance Production Assistant/Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Scottsdale, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Swett & Crawford in August 2014.

I applied online, a few days later received a phone call from someone in the Seattle office. I went through a 5 minute phone interview and was advised my information would be forwarded to the Scottsdale office. The following business day I received a call from the Scottsdale office asking when I was availabe for an in person interview. I scheduled the interview and received an email confirmation. I arrived about 20 minutes early to my interview and we jumped right in. They had me fill out a paper job application that basically matched everything I filled out on glassdoor.com. Once I was finished I went to the VPs office and we discussed my current positions and I was asked why I wanted to leave my current job and to tell more about myself. We then discussed the company and the position and the whole interview with the VP maybe took 15 minutes. I was then introduced to another Broker and he and I basically discussed the exact same things, had a few laughs about our rival colleges, and then I was advised I would receive a phone call later and I went home.

Broker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Swett & Crawford in October 2009.

Had the distinct feeling the interviewer, also the branch manager, was simply looking to gain access to my brokerage contacts without any real interest in hiring me for my skills. He asked me to prepare and present a detailed proposal which I have elected not to do. The tactics employed in this interview led me to believe this employer is unethical.

Interview Questions
    • What brokers do you work with in our area?   View Answer

Account Manager Interview

The process took a day - interviewed at Swett & Crawford in July 2009.

Faxed resume to director and set up interview with branch manager. Interviewed with branch manager within a couple of days of emailing resume. Interview consisting of speaking to branch manager about the position and sitting with the broker who was in need of the account manager. Most of the interview was spent with the broker. Entire process lasted approx. an hour and half. Followed up via email with branch manager regarding the position and was told there was interest and match but working on salary. Was able to work out the salary and then completed the paperwork needed for HR. Entire process from interview to start date was approx. 2 weeks.

Interview Questions
    • Honestly, the only question I can remember off hand was something to the effect of "what is your expectation of the account manager position?" and "do you want to be a broker?"   Answer Question
    Yes, negotiation was done with a few back and forths about various aspects, including salary, # of vacation days, start date, etc. My advice is to weigh the overall package before making a firm decision. Have a bottom line number in mind with regards to salary and stick with it unless you can get other compensation that may make up for accepting a lower amount than what you wanted. But also make sure your salary expectation is reasonable.

Worked for Swett & Crawford? Contribute to the Community!