Swett & Crawford

Very Easy Interview

Broker Interview

Broker
Boston, MA

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Swett & Crawford in October 2009.

Interview Details – Had the distinct feeling the interviewer, also the branch manager, was simply looking to gain access to my brokerage contacts without any real interest in hiring me for my skills. He asked me to prepare and present a detailed proposal which I have elected not to do. The tactics employed in this interview led me to believe this employer is unethical.

Interview Question – What brokers do you work with in our area?   View Answer

Account Manager Interview

Account Manager

The process took a day - interviewed at Swett & Crawford in July 2009.

Interview Details – Faxed resume to director and set up interview with branch manager. Interviewed with branch manager within a couple of days of emailing resume. Interview consisting of speaking to branch manager about the position and sitting with the broker who was in need of the account manager. Most of the interview was spent with the broker. Entire process lasted approx. an hour and half. Followed up via email with branch manager regarding the position and was told there was interest and match but working on salary. Was able to work out the salary and then completed the paperwork needed for HR. Entire process from interview to start date was approx. 2 weeks.

Interview Question – Honestly, the only question I can remember off hand was something to the effect of "what is your expectation of the account manager position?" and "do you want to be a broker?"   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Yes, negotiation was done with a few back and forths about various aspects, including salary, # of vacation days, start date, etc. My advice is to weigh the overall package before making a firm decision. Have a bottom line number in mind with regards to salary and stick with it unless you can get other compensation that may make up for accepting a lower amount than what you wanted. But also make sure your salary expectation is reasonable.

Worked for Swett & Crawford? Contribute to the Community!