Swift Transportation

15 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Parts Manager Interview

Parts Manager

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Swift Transportation.

Interview Details – Manager at this facility was great. First interview was over the phone. He explained almost everything I ever wanted to know. And had the answer to the questions that I asked right on deck. I had a second interview in person about a week later. We had discussed the position, responsibilities as well as the companies history. The last thing that was discussed was the pay scale for the position. Of course, when the offer come from corporate, the offer was at the low end of the scale. But I was unemployed for almost a year, so I took it.

3MT Trailer Mechanic Interview

3MT Trailer Mechanic
Troutdale, OR

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Swift Transportation in April 2013.

Interview Details – I learned about the position through a Craigslist add which pointed me to their website. I applied for the targeted position. About 4 days later I received a call from the shop manager asking if I was still interested in the position. We had a brief discussion that could be considered a small phone interview, then scheduled an interview date. I arrived about 20 minutes early, and the manager was on his lunch. After he got back The shop manager, trailer shop foreman and I sat down in the lunch room(1:2 interview, so not quite a panel interview.) The interview was actually very basic. They informed me of all the things most people want to know(An estimated hourly rate that could be discussed if you were offered a position, benefits, holidays, PTO, etc.) They informed me of the essential tools needed to perform the tasks which could be purchased over time. They asked me about my past experience. After the interview they said they would contact me to inform me if I did, or did not get the position. I ended up getting a call the next day asking if I was still interested. We discussed an hourly wage. He informed me of a starting date(which was very short notice..like 3 days. Meaning my old employer only got a 1 day notice, which I absolutely hated doing, buy I couldn't pas the opportunity.) Once I accepted the position, I got an email with basic online tasks to perform and paperwork to sign. I printed the info and brought it with me the first day. On my first day I took a drug test on site. During the first week of employment is when they completed a background check. Simple process really.

I think the personality of the Trailer shop foreman made the interview extremely easy. Very easy to talk to, and he seemed very supportive and easy going.

Interview Question – My interview had no difficult questions. It was a very basic, informative interview. Hardest question was about my past experience, and what things I liked to do in my spare time. Just to get to know each other. They did not ask me the infamous " We have 2 other potential candidates we are considering for this position. What makes you the better choice for our company?" question.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiation was fairly easy. During the interview, they discussed what they were willing to pay the potential employee. So during the negotiation phase I already knew what I could push for.

Load Planner Interview

Load Planner

I applied online and the process took 6 days - interviewed at Swift Transportation.

Interview Details – Hiring process was not very intense. Went through two interviews being asked the usual questions. I had no previous experience as a load planner.

Interview Question – The questions were all very basic. Anyone with average intelligence could handle it.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Its a take it or leave it.

Truck Driver Interview

Truck Driver
New Boston, MI

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Swift Transportation in July 2012.

Interview Details – Getting hired at a trucking company is different jobs...As long as you have a valid CDL and a decent driving record, you will be hired.

Negotiation Details – You can't really do that.

Professional Truck Driver Interview

Professional Truck Driver
Mira Loma, CA

I applied in-person - interviewed at Swift Transportation in January 2010.

Interview Details – hiring and interview was very good and very successful ,we talked about my experience ,how I get along with co-workers.safety ,over the road and how good I am with maps.And Instate driving.

Interview Question – There was no difficult or Unexpected Question it was all about truck driving and getting the load on time.   View Answer

Reporting Analyst Interview

Reporting Analyst

I applied online and the process took 6 months - interviewed at Swift Transportation.

Interview Details – I filled out the application and submitted a resume online. I heard back the first time 1 month later, got a phone interview. That went well, discussed salary and was told I would hear back in a day or two. Didn't hear back for 4 months, had another phone interview with same manager, got to salary and heard the same response. 1 month later got a call and a job offer.

Interview Question – How do I deal with negative feedback and disappointment.   Answer Question

Mail Clerk Interview

Mail Clerk

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Swift Transportation.

Interview Details – Easy, just apply and if selected, they will call you in for interview. I was call 3 days after I submitted my app. I was ask about experience and how I will adapt to certain situations.

Interview Question – Will I be comfortable using a computer all day and Can I lift 40 lbs.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – We just talk it over and that was it.

Very Easy Interview

OTR Driver Interview

OTR Driver
Phoenix, AZ

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Swift Transportation in January 2010.

Interview Details – Was none, filled out an application, received one call, one employers was contacted and then i set up date for orientation

Interview Question – when could I start?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – was none, I came to work at top of pay scale and knew what to expect.

OTR Driver Interview

OTR Driver

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Swift Transportation.

Interview Details – There wasn't a interview , but the orientation process was alright the staff that helped us get situated were really nice. The email that i recieved said that they would provide a lunch and that you should be prepared to leave on the last day of orientation there was no provided lunch and even though i was prepared i didn't leave until a few days after orientation was over. Overall i didnt mind the orientation too much you have to remember the recruiters will tell you anything to get you to work for their company.

Negotiation Details – N/A

Business Manager Interview

Business Manager
Phoenix, AZ

I applied online and the process took 8 weeks - interviewed at Swift Transportation.

Interview Details – Submitted for the position and with-in a week received a call from HR for a phone interview. 2 days later a phone interview with the hiring manager. 2 weeks later an interview with multiple peers and managers. Everything went well, everyone was positive towards me in the role. Then nothing, no contact, no responses to phone calls/emails.

Interview Question – None - Pretty standard questions about history and capabilities. They presented scenarios for the role and asked for my approach.   Answer Question

Worked for Swift Transportation? Contribute to the Community!