Swim N Sport Interview Questions

Updated Jun 27, 2015

1.8

Interviews for Top Jobs at Swim N Sport

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brandon, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Swim N Sport (Brandon, FL) in April 2015.

Interview

very basic, what did you do? What are your qualities? Why would you be a good fit? The company is very basic and dollar oriented, best to show a desire to make money by stressing the love for bonuses they offer and competition across the company for top roles.

Interview Questions

• what experience do you have in retail?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They low balled the offer but had already spilled the beans that they had few viable interviews so I was able to ask for a higher wage and got her to top out at a final offer.

Key Holder Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Swim N Sport in June 2014.

Interview

applied with resume and job application. got a call a few days later for an interview. a background check was done and i was offered the position as a key holder

Negotiation

there was none

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Swim N Sport.

Interview

They will tell you how easy and nice the job is and then soon after they will make you feel like the biggest looser in the world

Interview Questions

• nothing, don't fall for their nice words about the job   Answer Question

Negotiation

no negotiation possible with this cheap company

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Swim N Sport in December 2012.

Interview

Regional interviewed me, then phone interview with President of Sales

Interview Questions

• Same basic questions from every job? Why do you want to work here? How would past employees decribe you?   Answer Question

Negotiation

They dont negetitiate... they feel they are the best to work for. I took it to just have the job title and experience on my resume for a much better job!

Key Holder Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Katy, TX

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Swim N Sport (Katy, TX) in January 2012.

Interview

I saw a hiring sign at the store and so I filled out an application their and handed it along with my resume straight to the manager. She told me she would call to "talk about my availability." it's took about two weeks to finally get an interview. When I came in I had to wait because she was already interviewing someone else. It took a while. Finally, I was taken to the break room to talk with the manager who asked me basic questions about my work ethic and informed me of the position requirements I was applying for. She told me they were going to do a background check and get back to me. This "background" check process took about three weeks. Finally I received a call offering me the job. Male sure you dress nice. NO JEANS. And don't have anyone with you during interview process or filling out application. Even if they wait outside, don't bring them.

Store Manager Interview

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Swim N Sport in March 2010.

Interview

I intially interviewed for store manager position, didn't get it. Reapplied, got a call back for assistant manager position, I did 3 interviews total, after the last interview I signed a background check disclosure and consent form and I was offered position of assistant store manager the very next day.

Interview Questions

• Situational questions that seemed to come out of left field   1 Answer

Negotiation

Wasn't able to negotiate, it was more of a take it or leave it type deal. Pay is not competitive at all so there's really no need to negotiate. It is what it is.