Swinton Insurance

2.8

Interviews for Top Jobs at Swinton Insurance

Applications Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Swinton Insurance in May 2014.

Thank you for the quality of your recruitment process - my interactions with your website and with you personally have exceeded my expectations and far outstripped those of other companies to whom I have applied recently.

See above

IT Department Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, England (UK)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at Swinton Insurance in June 2013.

2 stage interview. Technical test and then interview with HOD and a line manager. The objectives of the technical test are not clear. They say they do not expect you to complete the test and only want to see the approach and understanding of the core concepts. But my experience was that they wanted to see me complete the test. At least thats what the feedback suggested. You will not be given a chance to discuss your code as the 'Architect' would not be having a solid understanding of the core concepts and is there only to mark his presence.
    The manager's interview appeared to be more transparent, open and structured with clear questions and provide you a chance to display what you have to offer and what have you achieved so far.
    Overall experience was not good as you would expect to have a fair discussion on the core concepts and not just a farce where your answer paper is marked not against clear set of objectives and expectations but entirely on the whims of a single individual.

Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, England (UK)

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Swinton Insurance in November 2012.

Initial telephone interview/ informal chat with HR person. Very laid back and straight forward followed by face to face interview with floor manager. Competency based questions and role-play sales call.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work for swinton (who would)?   View Answer
    no negotiation

Sales Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Swinton Insurance in May 2012.

Interview arranged through their recruitment agency. I received an email confirmation of the interview details, which you would assume the interviewers would have a copy of. No they got the time completely wrong. As a result they thought I was a no-show and sent the panel away. On my arrival later, once their error was realised, the regional manager decided to go ahead with the interview.
    For a regional she couldn't wing an interview to save her life. Even with her printed Q&A sheets and scoring system it appeared as if she'd never done this before. Didn't print off my CV although it had been re-emailed on my arrival concequently she struggled to take in my extensive experience and work history, well she failed to even grasp it.
    Despite several follow ups I never received any sort of result or feedback from the interview. Total cowboys.

Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, England (UK)

I applied online – interviewed at Swinton Insurance in March 2012.

I applied online after seeing the job on their careers site - got an email straight away and the recruitment team kept in touch all the way through the process. They telephone interviewed me first and then I went inot the call centre for an interview with one of the team managers - some questions were really easy but others were more difficult but the team manager who interviewed me was great and gave me time to think and even asked if I wanted to skip a quesiton and come back to it. They gave me a tour fo the office and made me feel really welcome.
    I got a call the next day whti my offer and then they emailed me all the relevant paperwork - it was so simple.

Interview Questions
    • They asked if there was a time when I'd been asked to do something I didn't agree with   View Answer
    really easy - the salary was advertised and they made me an offer that was a little more than I was on already.

Sales Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Swinton Insurance in February 2012.

Interview was done with sales leader and HR manager, involves role playing and explaining bonus schemes and targets