Swiss Re Interview Questions

Updated Apr 21, 2015

3.1

Actuarial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Swiss Re.

Interview

It took entire three months with four rounds interview. The first one is on campus. the interviewer graduated from our school. he gave me about 15 to 20 questions during the interview. one thing was i replied short and fast, the other was he had a brochure with all the questions in it. Then he left me about 7 minutes to ask questions. So I asked about the atmosphere in the office and what did he do basically everyday, etc. The second one was a phone interview with the HR. The third one was a home office interview from 8 to 5. I had six different people came into the room and interview me with questions each took about 30 to 40 mins. One of them gave me an excel sheet and two questions with it. I did not do well on this one. The fourth one was a phone interview with two actuaries in Hong Kong. Same type as the regular interviews. Nothing special. then i received a voicemail from the HR in New York and was told i did not get the job. The rejection was not very professional. They did not even send me an email. Just a voicemail message and the effort that i put for three months was all gone.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at Swiss Re.

Interview

Five month interview process. Disorganized interview process with limited feedback from HR. Unwelcoming office with nobody hosting tele-presence interviews. On the positive side, quality of people was very high and all agreed that the interview process is extremely cumbersome. I believe that the HR department will say egg they need to say in order to keep you at the table during the long interview period. Very disingenuous. Great company otherwise - unless they treat their clients the same way...

Interview Questions

• If you were at an industry function and heard a more senior swiss re employee divulge sensitive information, what would you do?   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Interview

Took less than a month from app date to interviews. All interviewers easy to talk to and very personable. I had three interviews in total. All were very easy as long as you know about the position and the company.

Interview

Submit application through school career website, took about 20 days to process.
    Interview schedule on campus. Just one interviewer, did not smile.
    ask a lot through the resume and general thing of actuarial.

Interview Questions

• some general question, but actuarial major student could answer easily.   Answer Question

Casualty Modeler Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Swiss Re.

Interview

Met an employee at a career fair and was offered an interview later that day.

Pretty informal interview. Basic STAR type behavioral questions.

The interviewer was outgoing and charismatic. The style was relaxed and conversational.

Interview Questions

• Name a situation where you wish you would have been able to use analysis to make a decision.   Answer Question
    • On a scale, try and place where your technical skills are currently   Answer Question
    • A coworker stated they didn't want to work with you in the future. What current trait of yours would they list as a reason for them to make that decision?   Answer Question

Life and Health Performance Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Armonk, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Swiss Re (Armonk, NY) in November 2014.

Interview

Three rounds of interviews. First round was an on-campus interview with an alumni. Got contacted by HR very quickly after that and scheduled phone interviews with two line managers. Two weeks after the phone interview I was flown to NYC for the assessment day and placed in a four star hotel with 20-30 other candidates for the graduates@swissre program. Unfortunately Swiss Re's assessment day was hands down the worst on site interview experience I've ever had. No interviews and almost zero interaction between candidates and "assessors" whatsoever. Three generic business cases (one group) that are very lengthy and could use none of my technical, actuarial, and analytical skills.

Interview Questions

• I never expected the cases on the assessment day to be this non-technical and generic. Just be advised.   Answer Question

Actuarial Analyst Interview

Interview

went to on-campus information session, dropped my resume, received an email a week later to set up an telephone interview. it was about 45 minutes and nothing too special, the recruiter was very nice and talked a lot about reinsurance industry

Interview Questions

• Nothing unexpected, asked about last internship and roles   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Swiss Re.

Interview

Standard interview process for an intern. Interviewer was kind but firm. Interview ran 45 minutes and was mostly behavioral in nature. Have a good answer as to why the position will help you fulfill your career goals, as the recruiter asked this in various different ways in the same interview.

Interview Questions

Interview

I had first round on campus interview. Mostly general behavioral questions. Nothing unexpected. Such as: Why you choose this company? What are the advantages or disadvantages of you? Just be prepared to share your experiences with the interviewer.

Assistant Vice President Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Swiss Re in September 2014.

Interview

Mostly done by phone calls, it took up to 6 weeks to be completed. Interview were done with the HR team (2), technical team (2), commercial team (2) and actuarial team (1). Interview one-to-one done with HR and commercial team. Basic information was requested as well as experience in other companies regarding the knowledge of the lines of business necessary for the role.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for this company?   1 Answer