Swiss Re

Average Difficulty
71 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Swiss Re.

Interview Details – Process is rigorous and many are involved in decision to hire. Typically 2 or 3 rounds of interviews. Usually 6 or so folks involved in interviewing either one on one or in panel

Armonk, NY

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Swiss Re in March 2014.

Interview Details – Applied through the company website and received an email within a week saying I'm expecting an phone interview. The interview was about 30 mins long and consisted of mostly going through my previous actuarial internship experience and behavioral questions. The HR lady was actually very nice and the vibe was relaxing. Towards the end of the interview I also had time to ask questions with regard to the internship program at Swiss Re. Unfortunately I haven't heard from Swiss Re since then, and I only received a rejection two months later.

Interview Question – Nothing really difficult or unexpected. Just remember to do your homework in advance.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern
Armonk, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Swiss Re.

Interview Details – Applied online on campus career website...contacted for a first round interview via email. Had a phone interview with HR, interviewer was personable and asked behavioral questions as well as questions about my past experiences. About a month or so later I got another email about a second round interview, spoke to a VP who was also personable..talked about the potential position and my qualifications.

Interview Question – Basic behavioral questions about strengths/weaknesses and past experiences   View Answer

Underwriter Interview

Underwriter
New York, NY

I applied online - interviewed at Swiss Re in March 2010.

Interview Details – Met with HR.

Interview Question – Don't remember.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The experience was terrible. The recruiter was not friendly. Bad bedside manner.

Fort Wayne, IN

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Swiss Re in November 2013.

Interview Details – I applied through my school's career website and was contacted for an interview the next week. The recruiter was very nice and make me feel very comfortable. It was not stressful. She asked mostly behavioral questions, basically they want to know whether you will fit in with the company culture and are a team player. A couple months later I got the offer.

Interview Question – "What motivates you?" "Why do you want to become an actuary?"   View Answer

Actuarial Intern

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Swiss Re.

Interview Details – I found the posting on the campus career website. The recruiter was really nice. we went over my resume. I was mostly nervous since i did not have a lot of interview experience.

Interview Question – Describe a situation where you were in over your head?   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Swiss Re.

Interview Details – It took about 2 months to get process done. I was interviewed 3 times to get to offer sheet but eventually it paid out at the end

Interview Question – Question were not difficult and were related to knowledge of the product and area related to it   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – All negotiation was done by recruiter and he did well in it.

Technical Accountant Interview

Technical Accountant
Armonk, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Swiss Re in August 2009.

Interview Details – Interview process and hiring process was very long. They brought me back for multiple open positions but took over 2 months to obtain written offer sheet.

Interview Question – They asked me what management style do I work best for repeatedly by different interviewees.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Negotiation was very easy as I had a recruiter do the heavy lifting.

Actuarial Intern

I applied online and interviewed at Swiss Re.

Interview Details – I have a phone call interview and it was a very casual interview. Both interviewers are really friendly and it did not feel like having an interview at all. Basically, they just tried to understand you more in person and want to see if you fit with the company's culture.

Interview Question – Tell me a situation where you had a major conflict with your colleagues and how you solved it.   Answer Question

Vice President

I applied through other source and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Swiss Re in February 2009.

Interview Details – 2tel interviews video interview 5 1:1 interviews, 1 group interview.extremely time consuming

Interview Question – Ct issues   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Hr were terrible, renegotiated ith line manger once onboard

Worked for Swiss Re? Contribute to the Community!