Swiss Re

Updated Nov 8, 2014
Updated Nov 8, 2014

Life and Health Performance Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Armonk, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Swiss Re in November 2014.

Three rounds of interviews. First round was an on-campus interview with an alumni. Got contacted by HR very quickly after that and scheduled phone interviews with two line managers. Two weeks after the phone interview I was flown to NYC for the assessment day and placed in a four star hotel with 20-30 other candidates for the graduates@swissre program. Unfortunately Swiss Re's assessment day was hands down the worst on site interview experience I've ever had. No interviews and almost zero interaction between candidates and "assessors" whatsoever. Three generic business cases (one group) that are very lengthy and could use none of my technical, actuarial, and analytical skills.

Interview Questions
    • I never expected the cases on the assessment day to be this non-technical and generic. Just be advised.   Answer Question

Actuarial Analyst Interview

went to on-campus information session, dropped my resume, received an email a week later to set up an telephone interview. it was about 45 minutes and nothing too special, the recruiter was very nice and talked a lot about reinsurance industry

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unexpected, asked about last internship and roles   Answer Question

Actuarial Development Program Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Swiss Re.

Standard interview process for an intern. Interviewer was kind but firm. Interview ran 45 minutes and was mostly behavioral in nature. Have a good answer as to why the position will help you fulfill your career goals, as the recruiter asked this in various different ways in the same interview.

Actuarial Analyst/Associate Interview

I had first round on campus interview. Mostly general behavioral questions. Nothing unexpected. Such as: Why you choose this company? What are the advantages or disadvantages of you? Just be prepared to share your experiences with the interviewer.

Vice President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Swiss Re.

Process is rigorous and many are involved in decision to hire. Typically 2 or 3 rounds of interviews. Usually 6 or so folks involved in interviewing either one on one or in panel

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Armonk, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Swiss Re.

Applied online on campus career website...contacted for a first round interview via email. Had a phone interview with HR, interviewer was personable and asked behavioral questions as well as questions about my past experiences. About a month or so later I got another email about a second round interview, spoke to a VP who was also personable..talked about the potential position and my qualifications.

Interview Questions
    • Basic behavioral questions about strengths/weaknesses and past experiences   View Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Armonk, NY

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Swiss Re in February 2014.

The interview process was really easy and smooth. Started with 1 round screening asking behavioral questions, then an interview with a line manager. The day later, I got a call saying that I got the internship! The whole process took a little over a month from the first interview, but was painless and easy

No negotiation really

Actuarial Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Swiss Re.

I found the posting on the campus career website. The recruiter was really nice. we went over my resume. I was mostly nervous since i did not have a lot of interview experience.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation where you were in over your head?   Answer Question

Vice President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Swiss Re.

It took about 2 months to get process done. I was interviewed 3 times to get to offer sheet but eventually it paid out at the end

Interview Questions
    • Question were not difficult and were related to knowledge of the product and area related to it   Answer Question
    All negotiation was done by recruiter and he did well in it.

Actuarial Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Wayne, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Wayne, IN

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Swiss Re in November 2013.

I applied through my school's career website and was contacted for an interview the next week. The recruiter was very nice and make me feel very comfortable. It was not stressful. She asked mostly behavioral questions, basically they want to know whether you will fit in with the company culture and are a team player. A couple months later I got the offer.

Interview Questions
    • "What motivates you?" "Why do you want to become an actuary?"   View Answer