Swiss Re Interview Questions

Updated Aug 5, 2014
Updated Aug 5, 2014

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Armonk, NY

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Swiss Re in February 2014.

The interview process was really easy and smooth. Started with 1 round screening asking behavioral questions, then an interview with a line manager. The day later, I got a call saying that I got the internship! The whole process took a little over a month from the first interview, but was painless and easy

No negotiation really

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Armonk, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Swiss Re in March 2013.

Campus interview done by UW alumni, very casual and behavioral questions, went through a list of questions prepared by HR. 2nd round interview was a phone interview with the Director of the department. Went through resume and explained job role further, and some behavioral questions similar to the first round interview. Invited for on site interview at their Armonk, NY office. There were 3 candidates for each position. First, there was a networking dinner at the hotel with many VPs present. The next day was a day long 3 part interview, 2 individual case studies and one group case study.

Interview Questions
    • Thinking on the spot during presentation of case study   Answer Question

Vice President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Swiss Re.

Process is rigorous and many are involved in decision to hire. Typically 2 or 3 rounds of interviews. Usually 6 or so folks involved in interviewing either one on one or in panel

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Armonk, NY

I applied online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Swiss Re in March 2014.

Applied through the company website and received an email within a week saying I'm expecting an phone interview. The interview was about 30 mins long and consisted of mostly going through my previous actuarial internship experience and behavioral questions. The HR lady was actually very nice and the vibe was relaxing. Towards the end of the interview I also had time to ask questions with regard to the internship program at Swiss Re. Unfortunately I haven't heard from Swiss Re since then, and I only received a rejection two months later.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing really difficult or unexpected. Just remember to do your homework in advance.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Armonk, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Swiss Re.

Applied online on campus career website...contacted for a first round interview via email. Had a phone interview with HR, interviewer was personable and asked behavioral questions as well as questions about my past experiences. About a month or so later I got another email about a second round interview, spoke to a VP who was also personable..talked about the potential position and my qualifications.

Interview Questions
    • Basic behavioral questions about strengths/weaknesses and past experiences   View Answer

Underwriter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online - interviewed at Swiss Re in March 2010.

Met with HR.

Interview Questions
    The experience was terrible. The recruiter was not friendly. Bad bedside manner.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Fort Wayne, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Wayne, IN

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Swiss Re in November 2013.

I applied through my school's career website and was contacted for an interview the next week. The recruiter was very nice and make me feel very comfortable. It was not stressful. She asked mostly behavioral questions, basically they want to know whether you will fit in with the company culture and are a team player. A couple months later I got the offer.

Interview Questions
    • "What motivates you?" "Why do you want to become an actuary?"   View Answer

Actuarial Intern Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Swiss Re.

I found the posting on the campus career website. The recruiter was really nice. we went over my resume. I was mostly nervous since i did not have a lot of interview experience.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation where you were in over your head?   Answer Question

Vice President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Swiss Re.

It took about 2 months to get process done. I was interviewed 3 times to get to offer sheet but eventually it paid out at the end

Interview Questions
    • Question were not difficult and were related to knowledge of the product and area related to it   Answer Question
    All negotiation was done by recruiter and he did well in it.

Technical Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Armonk, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Swiss Re in August 2009.

Interview process and hiring process was very long. They brought me back for multiple open positions but took over 2 months to obtain written offer sheet.

Interview Questions
    • They asked me what management style do I work best for repeatedly by different interviewees.   View Answer
    Negotiation was very easy as I had a recruiter do the heavy lifting.

Worked for Swiss Re? Contribute to the Community!