Swiss Re

Swiss Re Interview Questions

Updated Feb 14, 2015
Updated Feb 14, 2015

Senior Market Underwriter Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at Swiss Re.

Five month interview process. Disorganized interview process with limited feedback from HR. Unwelcoming office with nobody hosting tele-presence interviews. On the positive side, quality of people was very high and all agreed that the interview process is extremely cumbersome. I believe that the HR department will say egg they need to say in order to keep you at the table during the long interview period. Very disingenuous. Great company otherwise - unless they treat their clients the same way...

Interview Questions
    • If you were at an industry function and heard a more senior swiss re employee divulge sensitive information, what would you do?   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Took less than a month from app date to interviews. All interviewers easy to talk to and very personable. I had three interviews in total. All were very easy as long as you know about the position and the company.

Associate Actuarial Analyst Interview

Submit application through school career website, took about 20 days to process.
    Interview schedule on campus. Just one interviewer, did not smile.
    ask a lot through the resume and general thing of actuarial.

Interview Questions
    • some general question, but actuarial major student could answer easily.   Answer Question

Casualty Modeler Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Swiss Re.

Met an employee at a career fair and was offered an interview later that day.

Pretty informal interview. Basic STAR type behavioral questions.

The interviewer was outgoing and charismatic. The style was relaxed and conversational.

Interview Questions
    • Name a situation where you wish you would have been able to use analysis to make a decision.   Answer Question
    • On a scale, try and place where your technical skills are currently   Answer Question
    • A coworker stated they didn't want to work with you in the future. What current trait of yours would they list as a reason for them to make that decision?   Answer Question

Life and Health Performance Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Armonk, NY
    Anonymous Employee in Armonk, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Swiss Re in November 2014.

Three rounds of interviews. First round was an on-campus interview with an alumni. Got contacted by HR very quickly after that and scheduled phone interviews with two line managers. Two weeks after the phone interview I was flown to NYC for the assessment day and placed in a four star hotel with 20-30 other candidates for the graduates@swissre program. Unfortunately Swiss Re's assessment day was hands down the worst on site interview experience I've ever had. No interviews and almost zero interaction between candidates and "assessors" whatsoever. Three generic business cases (one group) that are very lengthy and could use none of my technical, actuarial, and analytical skills.

Interview Questions
    • I never expected the cases on the assessment day to be this non-technical and generic. Just be advised.   Answer Question

Actuarial Analyst Interview

went to on-campus information session, dropped my resume, received an email a week later to set up an telephone interview. it was about 45 minutes and nothing too special, the recruiter was very nice and talked a lot about reinsurance industry

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unexpected, asked about last internship and roles   Answer Question

Actuarial Development Program Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Swiss Re.

Standard interview process for an intern. Interviewer was kind but firm. Interview ran 45 minutes and was mostly behavioral in nature. Have a good answer as to why the position will help you fulfill your career goals, as the recruiter asked this in various different ways in the same interview.

Actuarial Analyst/Associate Interview

I had first round on campus interview. Mostly general behavioral questions. Nothing unexpected. Such as: Why you choose this company? What are the advantages or disadvantages of you? Just be prepared to share your experiences with the interviewer.

Vice President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Swiss Re.

Process is rigorous and many are involved in decision to hire. Typically 2 or 3 rounds of interviews. Usually 6 or so folks involved in interviewing either one on one or in panel

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Armonk, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Armonk, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Swiss Re.

Applied online on campus career website...contacted for a first round interview via email. Had a phone interview with HR, interviewer was personable and asked behavioral questions as well as questions about my past experiences. About a month or so later I got another email about a second round interview, spoke to a VP who was also personable..talked about the potential position and my qualifications.

Interview Questions
    • Basic behavioral questions about strengths/weaknesses and past experiences   View Answer