Swisscom

Relevance Date Difficulty

Systems Engineer Interview

Systems Engineer
Bern (Switzerland)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Swisscom in June 2011.

Interview Details – Applied online, got responce back in one week, was orginized fast over email, went onsite for a interview. Got a good impression and suggested to meet the team, the second interview followed a few days later with the team and recruiter.

Interview Question – negotiation and understanding swiss working conditions   Answer Question

Senior Systems Engineer Interview

Senior Systems Engineer
Z├╝rich (Switzerland)

I applied online and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Swisscom.

Interview Details – Several technical interviews and one last interview with line manager and HR.

Interview Question – Questions are open-ended. There is not right answer - they are supposed to make you think.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiation phase is quite inflexible.

Network Engineer Interview

Network Engineer
Zurich (Netherlands)

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Swisscom in October 2011.

Interview Details – 1) General personal interview with HR and group head
2) Project-specific interview with HR and mentor, group head and team head

Interview Question – Have you worked on group projects before? What was your role? How (much) did you contribute?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Fixed salary for Master students.

Senior Engineer Interview

Senior Engineer
Bern (Switzerland)

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Swisscom in February 2013.

Interview Details – The interview process was standard, had 2 interviews over skype and tow on site (different days) with several managers and engineers. Unfortunately the companies was quite disorganized even the job tile was not the same like in the job ad. I had tow pair programming interviews without getting any info about them in advance, even thought I asked the recruiter. I got not reject or accept after the second interviews, just a short call the next day that they need more time to interview other people. I checked with him after 2 weeks and the state was the same. No feedback after more than 2 moths.

Interview Question – How you can contribute to actual Swisscom's products.   Answer Question

Senior Technical Advisor - Helpdesk Interview

Senior Technical Advisor - Helpdesk
Amsterdam (Netherlands)

Interviewed at Swisscom

Interview Details – As many as needed and as quick as possible.

Interview Question – How much do you want to earn?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Unix Systems Administrator Interview

Unix Systems Administrator
Bern (Switzerland)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Swisscom in October 2008.

Interview Details – A former coworker refereed me. I was called and we agreed to an interview.

Some days later: Meetings with 3 managers and a person from HR. Interview was in English at the beginning. Later we changed to German. It was very relaxing. They presented the organization plan and after that the job.

Interview Question – No tricky questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was asked for my expected salary. I gave them the number and they accepted.
However, later at HR they were including bonus in the number, where I hav given the number without bonus. A phonecall and 5 minutes later, I had what I wanted.
What I did not know was they they were in a tight spot and desperate...

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Swisscom? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Swisscom interview questions and advice. All 6 interview reviews posted anonymously by Swisscom employees and interview candidates.