Switchfly Interview Questions

2.6

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Switchfly in September 2014.

Interview

Went through an HR phone screen then followed up with a screen with the hiring manager. After speaking with the hiring manager it was clear that they were looking for an account manager with heavy project management experience. Things went well in the screens and I was told that I'd be scheduled for an interview. Then a week later I got an email that the req was closed and would not be filled. About a month later I got an email from the hiring manager that they re-opened the req and if would come in for an interview. I was a little reluctant but agreed to come in. Unless you live in the city, the location is a horrible commute, nowhere near BART or Caltrain. In the interview the hiring manager focused on project management and I got the feeling this is more of a customer facing project manager job. I met a panel and none of the questions were hard. I'm guessing they may just be looking for who they like the most personality-wise. The company seems in transition and there is a whole new management team coming in so that is a bit concerning. Lastly, I spoke with their HR manager about my expectations. When I told them the minimum salary I expected she was quite surprised and said it was much higher than they expected. This was a bit ridiculous because they were basically expecting me to take a pay cut. I know the going rate for such a position and my expectations were already below market. Needless to say I lost what interest I had remained immediately. The whole operation seems sketchy. Also, they use an open floor plan which is horrible if you're in a sales or service oriented role. How are you supposed to focus when you're trying to shout over your neighbor?

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Switchfly in June 2014.

Interview

Had a phone screening with the HR director, then had a phone interview with one of the hiring managers, and the director of the department. Everything was via phone. The phone screening with HR director was very informative and professional one. He was very engaging and open for any questions. After the phone screening, he hooked me up with one of the hiring managers. The interview with the hiring manager was also as expected and good one. She wanted for me to talk to her manager (director of the division) before she invites me to the face-to-face interview. The director called on time as he promised. He asked me to describe about the job and I explained to him what I learned from the initial phone screening and the phone interview with the hiring manager. He told me he was totally against what I said. He was looking for the person who can "code" which was not mentioned in the job description nor by HR & the hiring manager. I was shocked to hear what he said, but he was certain that the Client Services Manager must read, write, and understand the code and he didn't like my background which was more focused on the customer relation. At the end of the interview, I withdrew the application. The HR Manager's input was "I wasn't technical enough", but it should have addressed in earlier stage.

Technical Client Services Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Switchfly (San Francisco, CA) in December 2013.

Interview

I applied online and soon got scheduled with a phone screen with the Director of HR. That led to a more technical phone call with the hiring manager. A few days later, they invited me over for an on-site interview, with include a 15-45 min 1:1 chat with a team member, the hiring manager, an SAM, VP of Sales, and the Director of HR. The on-site was long, but very informative. Everyone I've met was very nice and patient to answer my questions. Their company has an interesting process - that everyone who have met the candidates would sit down together and discuss about their impressions of the candidates and to pick the one as a group. It definitely seems like they are very careful and serious about hiring for the company. A few days later, they told me that they had decided to go with another candidate with more experiences. And the Director of HR was super helpful to provide feedback on my performance. But the only confusing part of this was that, only about 2 or 3 weeks after receiving a No from them, I saw that they have posted the same job opening again online. So it's very hard to tell whether they did hire the person or not.

Interview Questions

• Based on your understanding of our current model, give me a draft project plan to launch a feature for a Switchfly client.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Switchfly.

Interview

The interview is conducted by some other company than Switchfly. Too many questions asked during the phone interview. Feel rushed to answer.

Interview Questions

• Explain the design of the chess game in a phone interview.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Switchfly in December 2011.

Interview

The recruiter contacted me about the position. Their interview process consisted initial phone screen with recruiter; behavior phone interview with hiring manager; technique interview with technical lead; take home assignment / test; on-site interview; pair exercise. For the phone interview, when you do get connected with someone, they sound friendly and professional. However, they seems never able to get their act together. Either scheduled phone interview never happens (twice with two different persons). Or they will call at least 10 -15 minutes later then scheduled.

Interview Questions

• Asked about different front end terminologies and how do they work.   1 Answer