Sybase Interview Questions

Practice Manager Interview

Interview

Internal recruiters are friendly and efficient at what they do. After that, it takes a long time to go through the entire interview and hiring process. I interviewed with the company over a two day period with six managers. Then it took forever to actually get the offer, because the HR process is so slow.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Ask for 5% higher than they offer. If they like you and it's within the range they can offer, they'll probably be OK.

Quality Assurance Co-op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Sybase (Alpharetta, GA) in October 2011.

Interview

I met some representatives from the company at a career fair at my school. I had a short phone interview first. Then the next week I went in for an interview. Was applying for 2 or 3 different spots so I was interviewed by a few people. Everyone was really nice and all went well. Some "tell me about yourself" stuff, some questions to check my computer science knowledge, lots of them talking about the company. The interview as a whole lasted 2 hours.Got a call a week later saying they went with someone else.

Interview Questions

• What is your work experience?   1 Answer

QA Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Sybase (Alpharetta, GA) in March 2011.

Interview

It was a very relaxed environment.

Interview Questions

• How to set up an IP address when installing a new operating system.   1 Answer

Negotiation

N/A

Staff Software Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Sybase (Dublin, CA) in November 2010.

Interview

Group interview with two managers, and then a senior director one week later. First interview I explained what I had been doing with my previous employer and my work situation. Second interview gave me a much clearer picture of the job and I was very excited about the position afterwards.

Sybase has slightly older employees compared to other places I've worked. Can't tell if it was that or the culture of the company, but It was not a high-pressure interview by any means.

Interview Questions

• Explain the technology you are working on now. How does it relate to the requirements of this job?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I left my previous job before a sign-on bonus 'lockup' completed, so I wanted to carry the bonus across to my new employer. They refused, but instead they increased the base salary. I wanted the job so that was fine.

Software Developer Coop Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

Application

interviewed at Sybase (Alpharetta, GA) in March 2010.

Interview

Submitted resume to HR after being referred for a position over the summer. Followed up by a (approx. 20 min.) phone interview with standard questions (for example, "please tell me about this project that you listed on the resume", "what are other projects that you have worked on?", etc.). The co-ops are expected to be completed over a period of at least two semesters.

Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Concord, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Sybase (Concord, MA) in January 2010.

Interview

Mutliple interviews with HR, Hiring manager, Team Members and Senior Leadership. They want to make sure you are a good fit with the current team. Team member meeting was the best part - great opportunity to learn a little more about the role. Team members were open and honest about the pros and cons of the role. Great overall experience.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a sale you lost and what you learned from it?   Answer Question

Senior Engineering Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Sybase (Boston, MA) in December 2009.

Interview

....... ...... ......... ....... ......... .............. .............. .........

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between C++ and C   Answer Question
    • What is the difference between C++ and Java   1 Answer

Sales Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Sybase (Reston, VA) in August 2009.

Interview

It was fairly straight forward. The interview started out behavioral in nature but then drilled down into my quantitative modeling skills.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Noegotiable.

Senior Systems Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Sybase (Dublin, CA) in June 2009.

Interview

The initial contact was with the internal recruiter via email back in March 2009. Then in mid May the recruiter contacted via email and a phone call to discuss a position that came available. Shortly after I was setup with several separate 1 on 1 interview’s that span about a month. The individuals ranges from sales managements, hire manager to the sales team that the position would support. Overall the interview process went very well, resulting in a verbal offer by the hiring manager. Regrettably after spending over a month, no job offer was extended due to management decision to change the organization and hiring qualifications.

Interview Questions

• What contribution would you bring to the sales teams in regards to new business?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Very limited, no really negotiation occurred.

Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethesda, MD

Application

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sybase (Bethesda, MD) in January 2008.

Interview

The hiring process was pretty straight forward. I interviewed for a Sr. Inside Sales Job. I talked with the recruiter over the phone first, then was brought in for an interview one week later. After interviewing with the District Manager, I then had to talk to several of the Outside Account Managers. In general, all interviews went well, and I was offered a position several days later. In all, the process took about 3 weeks.

Negotiation

No negotiation. 60K was the top salary (at that time) for an Inside Rep.