Sybase

Relevance Date Difficulty

Staff Software Engineer II Interview

Staff Software Engineer II
Dublin, CA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Sybase in November 2010.

Interview Details – Group interview with two managers, and then a senior director one week later. First interview I explained what I had been doing with my previous employer and my work situation. Second interview gave me a much clearer picture of the job and I was very excited about the position afterwards.

Sybase has slightly older employees compared to other places I've worked. Can't tell if it was that or the culture of the company, but It was not a high-pressure interview by any means.

Interview Question – Explain the technology you are working on now. How does it relate to the requirements of this job?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I left my previous job before a sign-on bonus 'lockup' completed, so I wanted to carry the bonus across to my new employer. They refused, but instead they increased the base salary. I wanted the job so that was fine.

Senior Systems Consultant Interview

Senior Systems Consultant
Dublin, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Sybase in June 2009.

Interview Details – The initial contact was with the internal recruiter via email back in March 2009. Then in mid May the recruiter contacted via email and a phone call to discuss a position that came available. Shortly after I was setup with several separate 1 on 1 interview’s that span about a month. The individuals ranges from sales managements, hire manager to the sales team that the position would support. Overall the interview process went very well, resulting in a verbal offer by the hiring manager. Regrettably after spending over a month, no job offer was extended due to management decision to change the organization and hiring qualifications.

Interview Question – What contribution would you bring to the sales teams in regards to new business?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Very limited, no really negotiation occurred.

Worked for Sybase? Contribute to the Community!