Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Sybase
- Software Engineer (6)
- Senior Software Engineer (2)
- Sales Executive (2)
- Software Developer (1)
- Software Developer Associate (1)
- Software Developer Coop (1)
- Staff Software Engineer II (1)
- Human Resources (1)
- QA Intern (1)
- Practice Manager (1)
- Sales Operations Analyst (1)
- Engineering (1)
- TSE (1)
- Support Engineer (1)
- Quality Assurance Co-op (1)
- Software Developer, Co-Op (1)
- Major Account Manager (1)
- Technical Support Analyst (1)
- Senior Engineering Manager (1)
- Senior Systems Consultant (1)
- Accepted OfferNeutral ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. I interviewed at Sybase (Dublin, CA) in March 2011.
Initially i responded to a posting for the position. It took about 3 weeks to get any reply. Eventually an interview was scheduled and took place. At the conclusion of the interview I was told they were interested in me but heard nothing for over three months. Then, out of the blue I received a call with an offer!
- What is my most successful strategy for targeting an account? 1 Answer
- Accepted OfferNeutral ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sybase (Dublin, CA) in November 2010.
Group interview with two managers, and then a senior director one week later. First interview I explained what I had been doing with my previous employer and my work situation. Second interview gave me a much clearer picture of the job and I was very excited about the position afterwards. Sybase has slightly older employees compared to other places I've worked. Can't tell if it was that or the culture of the company, but It was not a high-pressure interview by any means.
- Explain the technology you are working on now. How does it relate to the requirements of this job? Answer Question
I left my previous job before a sign-on bonus 'lockup' completed, so I wanted to carry the bonus across to my new employer. They refused, but instead they increased the base salary. I wanted the job so that was fine.
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Sybase (Dublin, CA) in June 2009.
The initial contact was with the internal recruiter via email back in March 2009. Then in mid May the recruiter contacted via email and a phone call to discuss a position that came available. Shortly after I was setup with several separate 1 on 1 interview’s that span about a month. The individuals ranges from sales managements, hire manager to the sales team that the position would support. Overall the interview process went very well, resulting in a verbal offer by the hiring manager. Regrettably after spending over a month, no job offer was extended due to management decision to change the organization and hiring qualifications.
- What contribution would you bring to the sales teams in regards to new business? Answer Question
Very limited, no really negotiation occurred.