Sybase

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Staff Software Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, CA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Sybase in November 2010.

Group interview with two managers, and then a senior director one week later. First interview I explained what I had been doing with my previous employer and my work situation. Second interview gave me a much clearer picture of the job and I was very excited about the position afterwards.

Sybase has slightly older employees compared to other places I've worked. Can't tell if it was that or the culture of the company, but It was not a high-pressure interview by any means.

Interview Questions
  • Explain the technology you are working on now. How does it relate to the requirements of this job?   Answer Question
I left my previous job before a sign-on bonus 'lockup' completed, so I wanted to carry the bonus across to my new employer. They refused, but instead they increased the base salary. I wanted the job so that was fine.