Symantec

Average Difficulty
15 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Associate Software Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Symantec.

Interview Details – 1 phone screen - C++ and OOP basics
4 interviews onsite - C++, OOP basics, simple programs like reverse a string, analytical thinking questions like design a rubiks cube, testing oriented questions

Interview Question – Design a rubiks cube   Answer Question

Roseville, MN

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Symantec in December 2009.

Interview Details – The interview was mostly based on my resume, describing the projects i worked on in graduate school and the challenges that went with it. It was a friendly interview and lasted only 1 hour.

Interview Question – Nothing really.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I tried to negotiate but they did not have any wriggle room.

Herndon, VA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Symantec in December 2011.

Interview Details – I had one on-campus interview. It was all about my resume and projects that I have worked on. There were 2 guys, one of them was asking me questions and the other one was making notes. Nothing much of technical in the first round. Then they called me on-site to their Alexandria, VA branch, I had 4 technical rounds. you have to write code on whiteboard. They want to assess your thought process.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – In the beginning as soon as you hear from them with the offer, I don't think you can negotiate.. Once you start talking to them with the possibilities and if they know that you are really interested and excited about this offer and you are for sure accepting the offer, they will consider increasing the base salary to some extent.

Pune (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Symantec in November 2013.

Interview Details – I got selected for interview through the campus recruitment process.First round was coding and tecnical quiz.They were pretty easy.Next day they asked to come at symantec work location for interviews.Interview process consisting of two technical interviews and one hr round.Finally at the end of day they declared results.And I got the job :).

Interview Question – Questions were mainly based on operating systems and data structures.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation.

Sāngli, Maharashtra (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Symantec in February 2011.

Interview Details – Interviews- 3 levels First 2 technical, 3rd- HR

Interview Question – Some unused functions of C   Answer Question

Pune (India)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Symantec in April 2013.

Interview Details – There were 3 to 4 rounds depending on your talent.
Written test consist of 3 sections i.e. Aptitude , English, OOPS & Java, OS and Networking.
Two Technical rounds..
HR interview.
As I was an Electronics and Telecommunication grad, I was unable to crack written due to JAVA section. The quantitative section was so easy. The operating system consist of calls , linux commands .

Interview Question – The java Section   Answer Question

Interviewed at Symantec

Interview Details – Mostly Data structures and algorithms, Operating systems and C are enough.2-3 rounds of interviews followed by an HR.

Associate Software Engineer

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Symantec in April 2011.

Interview Details – first step was telephonic interview, then second one is 1:1 interview, in face to face interview there were three round of technical interview.

Associate Software Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Symantec.

Interview Details – Online test: 20 questions 2 marks each. -1 for each negative answer.
Technical interviews: 2 rounds. Tests your skill and expertise in your preferred area.
HR interview: Very simple.

Interview Question – Nothing like this.   Answer Question

Pune (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Symantec in July 2009.

Interview Details – My interview process in Symantec/Veritas was very simple.
I was fresher, so only couple of interviews on DS, Unix internals and C/Cpp programming was taken

Interview Question – No not really, as it was college campus interview, questions were simple enough to understand.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – It was college campus interview so no negotiation made

Worked for Symantec? Contribute to the Community!