Symantec

Updated Oct 13, 2014

3.2

17 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Associate Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Symantec.

1 phone screen - C++ and OOP basics
4 interviews onsite - C++, OOP basics, simple programs like reverse a string, analytical thinking questions like design a rubiks cube, testing oriented questions

Other Interview Reviews for Symantec

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Herndon, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Herndon, VA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Symantec in December 2011.

I had one on-campus interview. It was all about my resume and projects that I have worked on. There were 2 guys, one of them was asking me questions and the other one was making notes. Nothing much of technical in the first round. Then they called me on-site to their Alexandria, VA branch, I had 4 technical rounds. you have to write code on whiteboard. They want to assess your thought process.

Interview Questions
    In the beginning as soon as you hear from them with the offer, I don't think you can negotiate.. Once you start talking to them with the possibilities and if they know that you are really interested and excited about this offer and you are for sure accepting the offer, they will consider increasing the base salary to some extent.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roseville, MN

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Symantec in December 2011.

I had an initial phone interview from HR followed by 2 on-site interviews. Both interviews were with a panel of people. The first was non-technical interview mostly based off my resume and interests. The second was technical - answering a few basic computer science questions as well as writing pseudocode for "fizz buzz" program as well as writing pseudocode for a sort algorithm.

Interview Questions
    • writing pseudocode for a sort algorithm was probably the most difficult question as I was about 8 years out of college and the last time I looked at writing such an algorithm. Thankfully I always remember quicksort.   Answer Question
    I didn't try to negotiate because the salary offer was good. In hindsight, I should have tried to negotiate a sign-on bonus.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roseville, MN

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Symantec in December 2009.

The interview was mostly based on my resume, describing the projects i worked on in graduate school and the challenges that went with it. It was a friendly interview and lasted only 1 hour.

Interview Questions
    I tried to negotiate but they did not have any wriggle room.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Symantec.

I have applied through recruiter. Got call from HR and invited me for the written aptitude test and symantec office. Test consists of questions on python, Java, database, android and operating system and some security related. There were also 3 algorithms to write.

After Test, there 3 technical interviews which took almost 2 weeks. One from India and other two are from onsite. 4th was with Vice president.HR was done over telephone.

One should prepared well for negotiation. If you DON'T demand, then you WON'T get it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Symantec in November 2013.

I got selected for interview through the campus recruitment process.First round was coding and tecnical quiz.They were pretty easy.Next day they asked to come at symantec work location for interviews.Interview process consisting of two technical interviews and one hr round.Finally at the end of day they declared results.And I got the job :).

Interview Questions
    • Questions were mainly based on operating systems and data structures.   Answer Question
    no negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Symantec in April 2013.

There were 3 to 4 rounds depending on your talent.
    Written test consist of 3 sections i.e. Aptitude , English, OOPS & Java, OS and Networking.
    Two Technical rounds..
    HR interview.
    As I was an Electronics and Telecommunication grad, I was unable to crack written due to JAVA section. The quantitative section was so easy. The operating system consist of calls , linux commands .

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Mostly Data structures and algorithms, Operating systems and C are enough.2-3 rounds of interviews followed by an HR.

Associate Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Symantec.

Online test: 20 questions 2 marks each. -1 for each negative answer.
    Technical interviews: 2 rounds. Tests your skill and expertise in your preferred area.
    HR interview: Very simple.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Symantec in August 2012.

One written test, followed by two technical interviews and one HR interviews.