Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Symantec
- Software Engineer (40)
- Senior Software Engineer (36)
- Associate Software Engineer (23)
- Intern (15)
- Principal Software Engineer (15)
- Technical Support Engineer (15)
- Software Engineer Intern (12)
- SQA Engineer (7)
- Senior Technical Support Engineer (7)
- Senior Manager (7)
- Software Quality Assurance Engineer (7)
- Associate SQA Engineer (6)
- Software Developer (5)
- Senior SQA Engineer (5)
- Sales Specialist (4)
- Engineering (4)
- Sales Engineer (4)
- Sales Manager (4)
- Marketing Manager (4)
- SQA (4)
- Inside Sales Representative (4)
- Software Development Intern (3)
- Senior Systems Engineer (3)
- IT (3)
- Analyst (3)
- Senior Product Manager (3)
- Senior Product Marketing Manager (3)
- Senior QA Engineer (3)
- Program Manager (3)
- Product Manager (2)
I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Symantec (Cupertino, CA) in January 2008.
Several rounds of interviews, first 2 rounds were phone based then I was invited onsite for 2 days of interviews. I think the total people I met were about 8 or 10. Most of the interviews were technical in nature except with 2 people who felt more to be personality oriented.
- implement a search algorithm that is best fitted for millions of small entries 1 Answer
flexible, don't go for first offer, ask for more and they will counter with more than initial but less than you asked but it all depends how bad they need you.
Other Interview Reviews for Symantec
Engineering InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Symantec in April 2011.
Had a written test with all the basics of computer science followed by a few technical rounds. Finally a HR round was held.
- Questions of algorithms, databases and programming. Answer Question
Engineering InterviewNo OfferNeutral ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Symantec in September 2008.
The process was grueling. Interviewed with approximately 10 people for a total of 13 hours over three days, culminating in a 45 presentation before an audience of 15.
- Asked details about the product I worked on, which was a competitor. Answer Question
Engineering InterviewDeclined OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Symantec in January 2008.
I was referred by a friend. The hiring manager called me for a phone screen, just asked me about my experience, type of projects I worked on, and what I was looking for, then set up the interview. The interview process took two days (about a half day each), with 8 different people (9 including the manager), with the usual technical questions "how would you solve this?" etc. Nothing too difficult. The process went smooth and in general the people were friendly and pleasant, although no one seemed to excited about their jobs or about the company, surprising since I thought Symantec had a good reputation.
- Explain how the TCP congestion control mechanism works. Answer Question