Symantec

Getting the Interview

4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Cupertino, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Symantec in January 2008.

Interview Details – Several rounds of interviews, first 2 rounds were phone based then I was invited onsite for 2 days of interviews. I think the total people I met were about 8 or 10. Most of the interviews were technical in nature except with 2 people who felt more to be personality oriented.

Interview Question – implement a search algorithm that is best fitted for millions of small entries   View Answer

Negotiation Details – flexible, don't go for first offer, ask for more and they will counter with more than initial but less than you asked but it all depends how bad they need you.

Engineering Interview

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Symantec in April 2011.

Interview Details – Had a written test with all the basics of computer science followed by a few technical rounds. Finally a HR round was held.

Interview Question – Questions of algorithms, databases and programming.   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Symantec in September 2008.

Interview Details – The process was grueling. Interviewed with approximately 10 people for a total of 13 hours over three days, culminating in a 45 presentation before an audience of 15.

Interview Question – Asked details about the product I worked on, which was a competitor.   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Symantec in January 2008.

Interview Details – I was referred by a friend. The hiring manager called me for a phone screen, just asked me about my experience, type of projects I worked on, and what I was looking for, then set up the interview.

The interview process took two days (about a half day each), with 8 different people (9 including the manager), with the usual technical questions "how would you solve this?" etc. Nothing too difficult. The process went smooth and in general the people were friendly and pleasant, although no one seemed to excited about their jobs or about the company, surprising since I thought Symantec had a good reputation.

Interview Question – Explain how the TCP congestion control mechanism works.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Symantec

Worked for Symantec? Contribute to the Community!

Symantec Videos

Symantec – Why Work for Us?

​​What do Symantec employees have in common? We are passionate about what we do and contribute to something really important! We protect the world’s digital information and interactions. At Symantec, you will enjoy an… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Symantec Engineering interview questions and advice. All 4 interview reviews posted anonymously by Symantec employees and interview candidates.