Symantec Interview Questions in India

Updated Jul 1, 2015

3.1

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Symantec.

Interview

waste of time.. no one knows anything .. no respect for internal employees...all gambling.. no one knows how to take interview based on profile.. look at profile u dumb fellows before interviewing ... if u dont know.. go n sit in mba classes to take interview

Interview Questions

• waste of time.. no one knows anything .. if u have influence.. u get it without any knowledge.. respect internal employees   1 Answer

Principal Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chennai (India)

Interview

The interview experience I had with Symantec Chennai is totally negative.
    1. The recruiters are not prompt enough. I had a telephonic screen, after which I was told I would be brought to in person loop immediately. After 4 weeks I was brought to in person loop.
    2. My in person loop was scheduled to start at 11:00 am. I reported to interview at 10:50 am. The recruiter picked me up from the reception 15 mins after the scheduled start time. After which, I was taken to a conference room where my interviews would happen for the rest of the day.
    3. An interviewer showed up in the conference room after 20 mins late, I had a good discussion with him for about 1 hr and more. He said a senior person would be interviewing me next. I started waiting for the senior person, I started feeling hungry, after about 1 hr and more time of wait he said the senior person is OOF. I told him that I was hungry, he took me to cafeteria where I was asked to pay for my own lunch. He gave his number, and asked me to call me after am done with my lunch. I stored his number. After my lunch I called him, he came to cafeteria, and said since the senior person is oof he would have to schedule my interview with him on Skype or I have to show up in person a week after that. I asked him to call me when he formalizes a plan.
    4. A day after this, I received a call from the number which I stored in my mobile to call the recruiter in the Symantec cafeteria, I picked up the call with the expectation that I would be let known about my next rounds of interview, but the voice on the other end asked me whether I needed a personal loan :o :o

Thus My interview experience with Symantec Chennai is totally negative.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Symantec (Chennai (India)) in May 2015.

Interview

4 to 5 rounds, lot of DS, OOPS, Java Questions, mostly on concurrency and problem solving. Be ready to write lot of code on board and explain with pseudocodes the approaches you take. Marks are for the ideas and approaches you take and how you analyse the given problem. Read "Thinking in Java" atleast 2-3 times and concentrate more on concurrent collections and multi-threading.

Interview Questions

• Hashing, Shortest path algo's, Search and Sort algo's, Complexity analysis, Stacks, Queues, Heaps, all should be on the finger tips.   Answer Question

Software Quality Assurance Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pune (India)

Application

The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Symantec (Pune (India)).

Interview

Got call from HR.
    First round telephonic. Got feedback after almost a week that I have cleared it.
    2nd, 3rd, 4th (in one day all F2F) - Technical, Questions on Resume, OOP, Data structures, Database, OS, Networking, Testing, Puzzles. After all this HR will get back to you...again after a week got feedback that you have cleared.
    5th, 6th - again F2F technical and same type of questions.
    7th (Manager) - some technical and manager talk.
    Here manager tells that after this one Vice President round is there and after that HR.
    VP round scheduled after almost a month and ask some random networking questions in 10 mins.
    No feedback after this so called to HR to here "you have not cleared VP round"
    Wasted almost 2 days in F2F interviews, 2 months in process and they took 7 rounds prior to VP. So these people are fools as they have given positive feedback.
    As a QA, these type of questions are not at all expected. Also no use of clearing with manager that dont know much about OS and networking.
    They are not clear what they are looking for from a person.
    Not sure whether thay really want to hire or just want to do some time pass.
    Symantec WAS a good company but now something is seriously wrong with them.

Interview Questions

• OOP, Data structures, Database, OS, networking, testing and puzzles   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Symantec (Chennai (India)) in April 2015.

Interview

technical round
    total 3 section
    1st sec-pure virtual function code o/p
    2nd & 3rd
    write pseudo code/c++ code

it took whole day they asked to wait

questions were moderate
    exam duration is two hours
    all c++ quetions

Interview Questions

• check whether two btrees are identical?
      find out ancestor of any two nodes in BST?
      delete alternative nodes in singular linked list?
      without using lib function find superset of set?

Answer Question

Senior IT Infrastructure Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Symantec (Pune (India)) in April 2015.

Interview

I applied for a Problem Manager role. Interview was of 4 rounds.

Round 1: Preliminary HR Round

Round 2: Interviewed by 2 senior Problem Manager.

Round 3: Interviewed by the Global Process Owner.

Round 4: Interviewed by the Service Management Head.

Interview was average for me but it would have been pretty difficult for others who may give the interview without without in-depth knowledge of ITIL and Problem Management.

Sales Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pune (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Symantec (Pune (India)) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied for Sales Analyst role. The interview process was very bad. The fist interview was over phone and they really asked some silly questions. The questions asked had no relevance to the JD. Moreover the role was not defined and they Manager and Director was unsure about the day to day activities this role demands. They made me come 30 miles stating that there would be a F2F round and HR round. But when I reached there the Director told me that the company has a policy where the candidates are not supposed to meet HR before they are selected. If that was the case then - WHY DID YOU ASK ME TO COME 30 MILES TO MEET YOU ? .... I wasted an entire day, travelled 30 lies just to hear the Director say " I just wanted to meet you in person".... if you wanted to meet me why not schedule a call over Skype

Interview Questions

• How would you convince the GEO head to hand over work to you   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer (QA) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Symantec (Pune (India)) in March 2015.

Interview

The process had 6 to 7 rounds of interview each one lasting for an hour.
    It took almost a month to get to know that I was not selected because of weak networking concepts. Not sure if they were looking out for a software engineer or a network engineer. I was very much open from the beginning that I am not good at networking and still they made me to go through 6 torturous rounds of technical (puzzle, dot net and project related questions) interview to let me know the weakness which I was already aware of.
    It clearly states that the interview panel is unaware of what they are looking out for. A complete waste of time. Would suggest them to be clear with what they want and not waste candidate’s valuable time if they cannot afford to pay enough.
    I was rejected in the VP round with this non sense and unacceptable reason. It seems they were hiding the real reason. I think my current CTC was very high compared to their standards. They might have got a person who can work for peanuts.
    Finally I would say a pathetic experience

SAP BI Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Symantec (Pune (India)) in February 2015.

Interview

Total interview took 2+ Months.

1 Interview Telephonic Techinal

lasted for an hour mostly techinal questions asked by pannel of two. Most of the questions were basic and I answered all of them

2. Interview One on One Techinal and Manager's Interview at Pune office I got this call after a month

Lasted for 3 hours techinal guys again asked very basic questions related to SAP BI. Manager asked mostly management related question also discussed salary. Post this interview I thought that there would be positive outcome

3. Interview Telephonic Client's interview

After a week I get a call from Symentec Madras office they schedule my client call. I recive a call from Austrilia the client interview is again smooth nothing techinal and only discussion

after one month I get the news from my referal that they are not conidering my profile!!!

Still don't know why??

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Symantec (Bangalore (India)) in February 2015.

Interview

Symantec has made Interview process quite long , it gets stretched over one and half month as you have to face 8-9 technical rounds but interviewers are awesome technical persons and they help you when you get stuck during interview.
    You will get interviewed by almost person at every level from senior software engineer to Tech VP.
    But over all a good experience and they offer you best pay package(CTC +Stocks) in industry with perks.