Symantec

3.8

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Heathrow, FL
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Heathrow, FL

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Symantec.

Phone Screen with a Recruiter, Conference Call Interview with the Hiring Manager and another manager, a presentation and follow-up interview, and a face to face with a local outside sales director (I was not local.)

Interview Questions

The org was great, and everyone I came across was incredibly professional and seemed well attuned, and my potential boss seemed pretty awesome, but ultimately I decided against relocating because of the cost. To be fair they were very upfront they would not provide relocation.

Other Interview Reviews for Symantec

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, OR

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Symantec in June 2012.

I applied on Symantec's website. Approximately two weeks later I was contacted by their recruiter via email. The email contained 5 interview questions, which I filled out and sent back. About a week after that I was contacted by Symantec for an interview. The first interview was in front of three managers, who were very nice, as they each took turns asking me questions. The second interview was within a few days of the first. This interview was a "peer" interview, meaning that two people from my potential team conducted the interview. After that I filled out some information for the background check (this does not mean you got the job by the way), and about a week later was offered the job.

If you are fortunate enough to get an offer letter, I would recommend counter-offering, even if it is just 3% more. Usually you will get something additional for your efforts.

Interview Questions
    • Be prepared to answer a lot of situation questions. Example: Tell me about a specific time when you had to go above and beyond to win a sale". Key word SPECIFIC....Generalities don't work.

Also, Symantec is a VERY team centric atmosphere, so have some of your answers refer to times where you worked in a team.
        Answer Question
    I was offered much higher than I anticipated, so I did not negotiate, but I wish I did. Most people that negotiate will end up with a bit more on their salary.

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tokyo (Japan)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tokyo (Japan)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Symantec in August 2010.

1st round (HR) Friendly and casual interview. Background check, behavioral questions.
    2nd round (Manager) Unfriendly, stressful interview. Be prepared for concrete answers, evidence and getting harassed by your answers.

Interview Questions
    • Make a product/business model that relates with what you learned during your undergraduate studies. How would you sell it?   Answer Question

Inside Sales Representative Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Symantec in January 2009.

Known as expert ISR, interview was immediately granted with final panel of other ISR's and ISR team leads. They admitted I was a top performer, but the most important thing to them was if I could fit within their clique and play their game. I was deemed too independent.

Interview Questions
    • Wanted to know if I can fit in with their team. They meant can I play their game, go along to get along.   View Answer