Symantec Intern Interview Questions & Reviews

3.4

8 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Employee  in  Mountain View, CA
Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Symantec in April 2014.

2 rounds - tech
and behavioural
got call hrough college recruiting process took 3 weeks to respond and schedule the interview.
expected questions based on what is on your resume or whatever language you prefer to answer

Other Interview Reviews for Symantec

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Mountain View, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Symantec in May 2014.

Pretty simple process. Met them at a campus career fair and followed up later with an online application. Had a quick screening call with the hr manager then one 30 minute phone interview with the department manager. Got the offer a week later. I was applying for a non-technical position so they were looking more for fit and experience than technical knowledge.

Interview Questions
    • If you were given 3 tasks that were impossible to complete by the deadline, what would you do?   View Answers (2)
    Minimally negotiable.

Intern Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 6 days - interviewed at Symantec.

Technical Phone Interview by the Sr Software Engineer. Generally, It is a 45 min technical interview and mostly technical questions and programming questions. C, C++, Java. All the concepts of Java were prominently asked quite often in the interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Mountain View, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at Symantec in May 2013.

One telephone interview
    On-site interview: 5people

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Culver City, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Culver City, CA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Symantec in June 2011.

I started off with a phone interview, in which I talked about my previous projects. Then I had an in person interview that lasted 3 hours.

Interview Questions
    • They asked me how to reverse a linked list   View Answer

Anonymous Employee  in  Mountain View, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at Symantec.

Interview was super nontechnical, basically asked about my background and talked about what their team did.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chennai (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Symantec in December 2012.

it took me around 3 hrs of time for three rounds of interview.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chennai (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Symantec in November 2013.

They kept three rounds of screening.First one is technical written ,it had about 50 questions.and the second was purely technical round ,and the third round was technical/HR round.

Interview Questions
    • they will ask about the most recent virus names and what are the hot fixes available for them.   View Answer
    It was more than enough for me.

Worked for Symantec? Contribute to the Community!