Symantec

Average Difficulty
8 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Mountain View, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Symantec in April 2014.

Interview Details – 2 rounds - tech
and behavioural
got call hrough college recruiting process took 3 weeks to respond and schedule the interview.
expected questions based on what is on your resume or whatever language you prefer to answer

Mountain View, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Symantec in May 2014.

Interview Details – Pretty simple process. Met them at a campus career fair and followed up later with an online application. Had a quick screening call with the hr manager then one 30 minute phone interview with the department manager. Got the offer a week later. I was applying for a non-technical position so they were looking more for fit and experience than technical knowledge.

Interview Question – If you were given 3 tasks that were impossible to complete by the deadline, what would you do?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Minimally negotiable.

Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 6 days - interviewed at Symantec.

Interview Details – Technical Phone Interview by the Sr Software Engineer. Generally, It is a 45 min technical interview and mostly technical questions and programming questions. C, C++, Java. All the concepts of Java were prominently asked quite often in the interview.

Interview Question – Java Concepts   Answer Question

Mountain View, CA

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Symantec in May 2013.

Interview Details – One telephone interview
On-site interview: 5people

Interview Question – 1 How to store the data in a database?   Answer Question

Culver City, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Symantec in June 2011.

Interview Details – I started off with a phone interview, in which I talked about my previous projects. Then I had an in person interview that lasted 3 hours.

Interview Question – They asked me how to reverse a linked list   View Answer

Mountain View, CA

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Symantec.

Interview Details – Interview was super nontechnical, basically asked about my background and talked about what their team did.

Interview Question – Tell em about yourself   Answer Question

Chennai (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Symantec in December 2012.

Interview Details – it took me around 3 hrs of time for three rounds of interview.

Chennai (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Symantec in November 2013.

Interview Details – They kept three rounds of screening.First one is technical written ,it had about 50 questions.and the second was purely technical round ,and the third round was technical/HR round.

Interview Question – they will ask about the most recent virus names and what are the hot fixes available for them.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – It was more than enough for me.

Worked for Symantec? Contribute to the Community!