Symantec

Updated Dec 13, 2014

3.2

14 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Intern Interview

A phone interview of basic C++/C data structure questions including differences between algorithm run times, classes and structs, polymorphism, inheritance. The onsite interview included two interviews, 45 minutes each.

Other Interview Reviews for Symantec

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Symantec in November 2014.

Apply in school job fair. Then receive a email to arrange an half day interview with 3 department managers. Each manager have interview for about 45 minutes. There was a 5 minutes break between each manager. After all interview, they arrange a lunch and campus tour to all the candidates.

Interview Questions
    • If a customer complain about the website feature, what will you do?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Culver City, CA

Met a recruiter at my school's career fair. He sent me an email a few days later asking to schedule a 30-45 minute technical interview. I scheduled the interview for a few weeks after the email was sent-- all coding questions (3 or them): one on implementing a stack with template, one on trees, one about parenthesis checking (also stack). Coded in C++ on collabedit.

Moved on to on-site interview: mostly conceptual questions about polymorphism, classes, and data structures. Got phone call a few days later saying I made it through, and HR contacted me the following week. Took about 2 weeks to finalize offer.

Total time taken to finalize things after the initial phone interview: ~3 weeks.

Interview Questions
    • Question about malloc, free, realloc (more C like terms)   Answer Question
    Did no negotiate. First time applying for internships (inexperienced), offer was competitive.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Symantec.

Technical Phone Interview by the Sr Software Engineer. Generally, It is a 45 min technical interview and mostly technical questions and programming questions. C, C++, Java. All the concepts of Java were prominently asked quite often in the interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Symantec in May 2014.

Pretty simple process. Met them at a campus career fair and followed up later with an online application. Had a quick screening call with the hr manager then one 30 minute phone interview with the department manager. Got the offer a week later. I was applying for a non-technical position so they were looking more for fit and experience than technical knowledge.

Interview Questions
    • If you were given 3 tasks that were impossible to complete by the deadline, what would you do?   View Answers (2)
    Minimally negotiable.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Symantec in April 2014.

2 rounds - tech
    and behavioural
    got call hrough college recruiting process took 3 weeks to respond and schedule the interview.
    expected questions based on what is on your resume or whatever language you prefer to answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Culver City, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Symantec in November 2013.

I knew someone in the company, told them I was interested in a position after finishing college. A couple of weeks later I received a phone call from a recruiter who asked what kind of position I was looking for, and when I would want to start. I told them I was interested in a software development position, but didn't know any specifics about what was available. They set up an in-person interview with several departments in order to find out what best suited my abilities, which took about 3+ hours (one hour for each department.) Each interview started with a few questions about my experience and then moved on to questions about general concepts in the computer science. A couple of the interviewers also asked me specific problems that I worked out on the board in the room in front of them. If I didn't know a part of the way to solve a problem, they would explain that aspect.

Interview Questions
    • Unexpected: The interviewer for the general intern position asked me to write a simple algorithm for calculating where the hour and second hands should be on an analog clock, given a time. Wanted it to handle malformed times given as input.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Symantec in May 2013.

One telephone interview
    On-site interview: 5people

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Symantec.

Interview was super nontechnical, basically asked about my background and talked about what their team did.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Culver City, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Symantec in June 2011.

I started off with a phone interview, in which I talked about my previous projects. Then I had an in person interview that lasted 3 hours.

Interview Questions
    • They asked me how to reverse a linked list   View Answer