Symantec Intern Interview Questions

Updated Apr 3, 2015

3.2

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Symantec (Mountain View, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Phone: About project and interests, just show your enthusiasm and you will be okay.
Panel: 4 people:Grilling, was asked to write code(easy) on the whiteboard, they went in great depths of my projects(difficult).

Interview Questions

• How did you improve the efficiency of your code in your project? time of execution of code? algo. development?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Symantec

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Symantec (Mountain View, CA) in November 2014.

Interview

Apply in school job fair. Then receive a email to arrange an half day interview with 3 department managers. Each manager have interview for about 45 minutes. There was a 5 minutes break between each manager. After all interview, they arrange a lunch and campus tour to all the candidates.

Interview Questions

• If a customer complain about the website feature, what will you do?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Culver City, CA

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Symantec (Culver City, CA) in November 2014.

Interview

Met a recruiter at my school's career fair. He sent me an email a few days later asking to schedule a 30-45 minute technical interview. I scheduled the interview for a few weeks after the email was sent-- all coding questions (3 or them): one on implementing a stack with template, one on trees, one about parenthesis checking (also stack). Coded in C++ on collabedit.

Moved on to on-site interview: mostly conceptual questions about polymorphism, classes, and data structures. Got phone call a few days later saying I made it through, and HR contacted me the following week. Took about 2 weeks to finalize offer.

Total time taken to finalize things after the initial phone interview: ~3 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Question about malloc, free, realloc (more C like terms)   Answer Question

Negotiation

Did no negotiate. First time applying for internships (inexperienced), offer was competitive.

Intern Interview

Interview

A phone interview of basic C++/C data structure questions including differences between algorithm run times, classes and structs, polymorphism, inheritance. The onsite interview included two interviews, 45 minutes each.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Symantec.

Interview

Technical Phone Interview by the Sr Software Engineer. Generally, It is a 45 min technical interview and mostly technical questions and programming questions. C, C++, Java. All the concepts of Java were prominently asked quite often in the interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Symantec (Mountain View, CA) in May 2014.

Interview

Pretty simple process. Met them at a campus career fair and followed up later with an online application. Had a quick screening call with the hr manager then one 30 minute phone interview with the department manager. Got the offer a week later. I was applying for a non-technical position so they were looking more for fit and experience than technical knowledge.

Interview Questions

• If you were given 3 tasks that were impossible to complete by the deadline, what would you do?   2 Answers

Negotiation

Minimally negotiable.

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Symantec (Mountain View, CA) in April 2014.

Interview

2 rounds - tech
    and behavioural
    got call hrough college recruiting process took 3 weeks to respond and schedule the interview.
    expected questions based on what is on your resume or whatever language you prefer to answer

Anonymous Employee in Culver City, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Symantec (Culver City, CA) in November 2013.

Interview

I knew someone in the company, told them I was interested in a position after finishing college. A couple of weeks later I received a phone call from a recruiter who asked what kind of position I was looking for, and when I would want to start. I told them I was interested in a software development position, but didn't know any specifics about what was available. They set up an in-person interview with several departments in order to find out what best suited my abilities, which took about 3+ hours (one hour for each department.) Each interview started with a few questions about my experience and then moved on to questions about general concepts in the computer science. A couple of the interviewers also asked me specific problems that I worked out on the board in the room in front of them. If I didn't know a part of the way to solve a problem, they would explain that aspect.

Interview Questions

• Unexpected: The interviewer for the general intern position asked me to write a simple algorithm for calculating where the hour and second hands should be on an analog clock, given a time. Wanted it to handle malformed times given as input.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Symantec (Mountain View, CA) in May 2013.

Interview

One telephone interview
    On-site interview: 5people

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Symantec (Mountain View, CA).

Interview

Interview was super nontechnical, basically asked about my background and talked about what their team did.