Symantec

323 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

No Interview

Interviewed at Symantec

Interview Details – Hiring manager will call for an interview direly.mthen onsite with the manager and the team. The offer is very quick,and the people are very nice. But management are weak and unstable.

SQA Engineer Interview

SQA Engineer
Culver City, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Symantec in July 2014.

Interview Details – A recruiter reached out to me regarding open position at Symantec. The recruiter worked quickly to set up 1 phone screenings and quickly move to an onsite interview. Everything was done in less than a week. Everything was pretty standard in terms of questioning. Coding exercises, data structure, algorithm, basic demonstrations and verbal descriptions of software solutions was chiefly the way to go. The team that I interviewed with was very supportive too. It was one of the quickest interview I ever had and the interviewer was easy to talk with

Interview Question – asked if I liked to play games, and what games.. how would you develop + test it..   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation

QA Interview

QA
Mountain View, CA

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Symantec in April 2014.

Interview Details – One phone call... on site with 3 others..questions were basic java...they asked me about my projects..i explained them all..then they asked normal testing questions..test frameworks..also one or two puzzles to solve

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Senior Software Engineer
Mountain View, CA

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Symantec in May 2010.

Interview Details – initial screening, culture fit and few technical questions. free food. formal dress code. friendly atmosphere, nice location. questions are mostly cultural fit. not too much technical questions.

SQA Engineer Interview

SQA Engineer
Lake Mary, FL

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Symantec in January 2013.

Interview Details – The managers, all of them, make you feel at ease during the interview process. Got a tour, great environment and wonderful people. I loved the whole process and would interview with them again if had the chance.

Interview Question – None   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – It's a great company to work for.

Intern Interview

Intern
Mountain View, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Symantec in April 2014.

Interview Details – 2 rounds - tech
and behavioural
got call hrough college recruiting process took 3 weeks to respond and schedule the interview.
expected questions based on what is on your resume or whatever language you prefer to answer

Intern Interview

Intern
Mountain View, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Symantec in May 2014.

Interview Details – Pretty simple process. Met them at a campus career fair and followed up later with an online application. Had a quick screening call with the hr manager then one 30 minute phone interview with the department manager. Got the offer a week later. I was applying for a non-technical position so they were looking more for fit and experience than technical knowledge.

Interview Question – If you were given 3 tasks that were impossible to complete by the deadline, what would you do?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Minimally negotiable.

Endpoint Support Specialist Interview

Endpoint Support Specialist
Springfield, OR

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Symantec in September 2013.

Interview Details – Applied for the job via their job portal. Submitted my resume as well as filling out their application. Did not hear back for four weeks. When I did hear back they asked me to interview for a separate job opening, only tangentially related to the opportunity I initially applied for. After a introductory phone interview a second interview was scheduled for two weeks later (their availability not mine). During the second in person interview I was placed in an empty conference room with one hiring manager for the department, and one HR department employee. Throughout the interview all of the questions were behavior related. There were no technical questions regarding my ability to fulfill the job duties as described in the opening. The questions mainly centered around hypothetical situations and how I would react, or my experience on how I've dealt with those situations in the past. Waited one week and then followed up, was told no decisions had been made yet. After the second week of silence and no update to my job status on their job portal I called again to get an update. At this point I was told the position had been filled. In total it took 8 weeks from initial application to finding out I was no longer being considered for the position.

Interview Question – Typical HR fluff, no substantive questions regarding the role. "Time you had a disagreement with a coworker, how you handled it." etc.   Answer Question

Associate Authentication Analyst Interview

Associate Authentication Analyst

I applied through a staffing agency and interviewed at Symantec.

Interview Details – First Round- Phone Interview with two managers. General questions about your experiences, they ask questions regarding about the relevance it is to the position.

Second Round- Panel Interview with multiple Many questions about the position and how you fit in. Typing Test is taken while they watch you.

Interview Questions

• Technical Questions, They bought up two listings of a company and ask which would I choose to authenticate.   Answer Question
  • Why you instead of another candidate?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None, done through agency

Software Engineer In Test/QA/Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer In Test/QA/Software Engineer
Culver City, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Symantec in May 2014.

Interview Details – Please read it if you are interviewing with Symantec.

The worst company I have ever interviewed with. Please think before accepting the offer. I got the first random call from them and was asked to give the interview. I was told the its Software Engineer in Test position. These were the exact word. Cleared that round and they schedules second phone interview 2 days later. They called me and told its QA position and asked me some QA related questions. I cleared that. They want to call me for onsite interview . It was Thursday and they asked me to come onsite on Monday. Everything was on phone. They didnt mail me till Saturday. Heights of irresponsibility. I emailed them back and asked. They said they wont be able to conduct on Monday. So they will reach me back.
I mailed them twice but no reply. One week passed away. Then I asked them to schedule it on next wednesday. They said they will mail me the details. No email again till tuesday, the day before my interview. Again I mailed them and asked. They said they are working on it. How pathetic. Tomorrow is my interview and they are still working. Next day they scheduled my interview on Thursday. I went for the interview.

I got to know that the position has changed and they will be interviewing me for the Software Engineer position. Great! At the last moment they change the way they want. It was ok for me. They took the first 2 rounds which were not the technical rounds. They just discussed the position. There were going to be 6 rounds.

2nd round was taken by the manager and he said he is sending the interviewer for the third round. Then a person came in and said they are looking for a strong developer so they cannot move forward. I was shocked.

What was that. I told him that , I have not yet been tested on my coding skills . How can you judge without testing him. Actually there were no open position. They were just fooling me.

Its the worst company I have ever interviewed and would not suggest anyone.

Worked for Symantec? Contribute to the Community!