Symantec

Updated Nov 21, 2014
Updated Nov 21, 2014

3.1

Financial Analyst Rotation Program Interview

After applying, was contacted about a week later to set up a phone interview. The phone interview was 30 minutes long. The person I talked to did not really know what he was doing and instead of asking me questions he were given, he ended up just asking me random questions about my background. He was extremely detailed and wanted to know every detail about my work experience and background, so know your resume inside and out! I was told by a recruiter that the interview was going to be very casual and they just wanted to get to know me but I was given a case study, which completely caught me off guard, especially since I was applying for an FA role not a consulting job. That kind of bombed it for me.

Nonetheless, the interviewer was extremely friendly and helped guide me through the case study.

Interview Questions
    • Difficult market sizing question based off of little to no information   Answer Question

Intern Interview

A phone interview of basic C++/C data structure questions including differences between algorithm run times, classes and structs, polymorphism, inheritance. The onsite interview included two interviews, 45 minutes each.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Symantec in November 2014.

Apply in school job fair. Then receive a email to arrange an half day interview with 3 department managers. Each manager have interview for about 45 minutes. There was a 5 minutes break between each manager. After all interview, they arrange a lunch and campus tour to all the candidates.

Interview Questions
    • If a customer complain about the website feature, what will you do?   View Answer

Principal Software Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Symantec.

After the call with a knowledgeable recruiter, spoke with one of the core persons in the team. This was for the first round. First round went well with the basic set of questions. Followed up and heard the team chose another candidate.

Technical Support Analyst Interview

Two in-person interviews and a technical skills test.

First interview was by the manager, and the second interview was by the entire technical support team.
    Technical skills test was designed to see your technical skills AND demonstrate how you might find solutions you don't have the answer to.

Interview Questions
    • What has been your greatest weakness in previous jobs, and how would you overcome it working in this current position?   View Answer

Encryption Software Engineer Interview

Was simple, was made to write code on phone interview for 45 minutes and 2 interviews on campus. Questions related to strings, arrays, queues. The whole process tooks about 3 weeks. Got the call from our career fair.

No Negotiation

Sales Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Symantec in September 2014.

Standard hiring manager interview > Situation interview with hiring manager > Technical interview with hiring manager > In-person presentation for entire sales team. The interview process was very drawn out. Usually during the interview process if you have to reschedule because of a conflict they would look into another time that day or sometime next couple days. Instead, I would be scheduled like a week later

Interview Questions
    • The technical interview was almost all hardware questions. For a software company, I expected software questions, but it was the complete opposite. Know your storage hardware   Answer Question

Software Quality Assurance Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Symantec in September 2014.

Recruiters asked to provide timelines for in-house interview and was not replying for 9 days. Looks like recruiters at Symantec are very busy. Finally after interview was scheduled, i had to wait between interviewers for 25 min first time, and 15 min second time. Didn't look like they are actually want me there at all.

Interview Questions
    • None unexpected. I asked question what do they like at Symantec, and no one could say even one positive thing - not about company, or work they do.   Answer Question

No Interview

Hiring manager will call for an interview direly.mthen onsite with the manager and the team. The offer is very quick,and the people are very nice. But management are weak and unstable.

SQA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Culver City, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Culver City, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Symantec in July 2014.

A recruiter reached out to me regarding open position at Symantec. The recruiter worked quickly to set up 1 phone screenings and quickly move to an onsite interview. Everything was done in less than a week. Everything was pretty standard in terms of questioning. Coding exercises, data structure, algorithm, basic demonstrations and verbal descriptions of software solutions was chiefly the way to go. The team that I interviewed with was very supportive too. It was one of the quickest interview I ever had and the interviewer was easy to talk with

Interview Questions
    • asked if I liked to play games, and what games.. how would you develop + test it..   Answer Question
    no negotiation