Symantec

Updated Dec 15, 2014
Updated Dec 15, 2014

3.1

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Not so tough. Any one who goes through http://www.careercup.com/ for few days can easily crack the interview.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation. I had to accept what they offered.

IOS Senior Software Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Symantec.

I had 3 telephonic round. all technical one HR

Interview Questions
    • What is the difference in having a static vs. a dynamic library in iOS platform.   View Answer
    Not much

Inside Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at Symantec.

Hiring process starts with a phone interview. Once past that, you will be panel interviewed by either multiple managers, multiple peers, or both. Primarily behavioral interviewing technique used. If you make it to the next step they will run a background check. If background check is passed, you are hired.

Software Developer Interview

1.Written Test(mainly of aptitude)
    2.Technical interview(3 rounds)
    3.HR interview

Account Manager Interview

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at Symantec.

This was internal but these are things they will ask externals. They believe that so long as you fit the Symantec mold and have the correct skills and traits for sales you can come from any background and succeed.

Interview Questions
    Again, this was internal but they have limits below standard market so find out what the standard is and negotiate up from there.

Software Project Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Symantec.

Semi-professional,phone screen and 2 on-site interviews. One guy was obsessed with his blackberry while interviewing me. Like come on, you can't not read email or play solitaire for 20 minutes?

Interview Questions
    • How do you maintain integrity in a difficult situation and how do you know you are maintaining it?   Answer Question
    Decent, I negotiated

SQA Intern Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Symantec.

Met the hiring manager at a career far, was invited for an on-site interview about a couple later. Interview process was two individual technical interviews, pretty short. I also met a couple of the other people in the department, and got a tour of the site -- just a quick intro sort of thing. The HR people called back within a week to give me an offer.

Interview Questions
    • Iteratively perform an in-order traversal of a binary search tree. The problem included discussions about the pros and cons of various implementation depending on how low-level the implementation was, what memory was available, etc.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Phone screen, then a few interviews with hiring manager, HR, director

Developer Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Symantec.

Submitted resume to company through university's job-search website. Got an interview a week later. First part was just talking about the company and what interns do. Then got to the technical questions. Two interviews were scheduled at the same time, but one interviewer was late and didn't show up for 30 minutes. So instead, we had a 2-way interview where the interviewer asked us a question each. Symantec told me that I would hear back in 2 weeks, but I never did. Nobody is responding to my e-mails and I cannot contact them.

Interview Questions
    • Write a function that reduces a string to a certain format, where for instance
      "abcefg" would turn into "a4g"
      "dog" would be "d1g"
      "monkey" would be "m4y"

Answer Question

Sales Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Symantec.

6 rounds of interviews from HR to members of the team