Symantec Interview Questions

Updated Aug 27, 2015

3.1

Interview

Not so tough. Any one who goes through http://www.careercup.com/ for few days can easily crack the interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. I had to accept what they offered.

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Symantec.

Interview

Hiring process starts with a phone interview. Once past that, you will be panel interviewed by either multiple managers, multiple peers, or both. Primarily behavioral interviewing technique used. If you make it to the next step they will run a background check. If background check is passed, you are hired.

Software Developer Interview

Interview

1.Written Test(mainly of aptitude) 2.Technical interview(3 rounds) 3.HR interview

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Symantec.

Interview

I had 3 telephonic round. all technical one HR

Interview Questions

• What is the difference in having a static vs. a dynamic library in iOS platform.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Not much

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

I talked to one of their recruiting representatives at the univ career fair, and then after three weeks, I got a call from one of the hiring manager requesting for an on-site interview. On the interview day, I meet 6 persons including the hiring manger, half an hour for each interviewer. They mainly asked project experience from the resume and coding problems. Some of them also asked about some system design questions and brain teaser questions. I followed up after two weeks, no one replied my email.

Interview Questions

• a system design question about client and server design and the speed limits. You need to consider both the hardware part and software part, also need to know some virtualization techs.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Symantec.

Interview

Online Application Phone Screen On-site Interview with 2 rounds, 2 interviewer each

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Interview process was long around 5 rounds 1-written, 3-technical and 1 HR. HR round was not that great as salary negotiation was not that good

Software Engineering Interview

Interview

Contacted by hiring manager after posting my CV, first call then on site meeting.

SQA Interview

Interview

aptitude test followed by 2-3 technical interviews

Analyst Interview

Interview

Phone screen, then a few interviews with hiring manager, HR, director