Symantec

322 candidate interviews

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Senior Software Engineer

Interviewed at Symantec

Interview Details – Not so tough. Any one who goes through http://www.careercup.com/ for few days can easily crack the interview.

Interview Question – Average.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. I had to accept what they offered.

IOS Senior Software Engineer Interview

IOS Senior Software Engineer

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Symantec.

Interview Details – I had 3 telephonic round. all technical one HR

Interview Question – What is the difference in having a static vs. a dynamic library in iOS platform.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Not much

Inside Sales Associate Interview

Inside Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at Symantec.

Interview Details – Hiring process starts with a phone interview. Once past that, you will be panel interviewed by either multiple managers, multiple peers, or both. Primarily behavioral interviewing technique used. If you make it to the next step they will run a background check. If background check is passed, you are hired.

Interview Question – The usual "name a time when..." questions.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Software Developer

Interviewed at Symantec

Interview Details – 1.Written Test(mainly of aptitude)
2.Technical interview(3 rounds)
3.HR interview

Interview Question – Common ancestor,connect the nodes in each level   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Account Manager

I applied through other source and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Symantec.

Interview Details – This was internal but these are things they will ask externals. They believe that so long as you fit the Symantec mold and have the correct skills and traits for sales you can come from any background and succeed.

Interview Question – Ok so sell me one of our products.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Again, this was internal but they have limits below standard market so find out what the standard is and negotiate up from there.

Software Project Manager Interview

Software Project Manager

I applied online and interviewed at Symantec.

Interview Details – Semi-professional,phone screen and 2 on-site interviews. One guy was obsessed with his blackberry while interviewing me. Like come on, you can't not read email or play solitaire for 20 minutes?

Interview Question – How do you maintain integrity in a difficult situation and how do you know you are maintaining it?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Decent, I negotiated

Developer Intern Interview

Developer Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Symantec.

Interview Details – Submitted resume to company through university's job-search website. Got an interview a week later. First part was just talking about the company and what interns do. Then got to the technical questions. Two interviews were scheduled at the same time, but one interviewer was late and didn't show up for 30 minutes. So instead, we had a 2-way interview where the interviewer asked us a question each. Symantec told me that I would hear back in 2 weeks, but I never did. Nobody is responding to my e-mails and I cannot contact them.

Interview Question – Write a function that reduces a string to a certain format, where for instance
"abcefg" would turn into "a4g"
"dog" would be "d1g"
"monkey" would be "m4y"
  Answer Question

Sales Manager Interview

Sales Manager

I applied in-person and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Symantec.

Interview Details – 6 rounds of interviews from HR to members of the team

SQA Intern Interview

SQA Intern

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at Symantec.

Interview Details – Met the hiring manager at a career far, was invited for an on-site interview about a couple later. Interview process was two individual technical interviews, pretty short. I also met a couple of the other people in the department, and got a tour of the site -- just a quick intro sort of thing. The HR people called back within a week to give me an offer.

Interview Question – Iteratively perform an in-order traversal of a binary search tree. The problem included discussions about the pros and cons of various implementation depending on how low-level the implementation was, what memory was available, etc.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Analyst

Interviewed at Symantec

Interview Details – Phone screen, then a few interviews with hiring manager, HR, director

Interview Question – Provide solution based on a given business case   Answer Question

Worked for Symantec? Contribute to the Community!