Symantec Interview Questions

Updated Sep 16, 2014
Updated Sep 16, 2014

3.1

No Interview

Hiring manager will call for an interview direly.mthen onsite with the manager and the team. The offer is very quick,and the people are very nice. But management are weak and unstable.

Software Engineer Interview

Got shortlisted in there written test in campus, the test consist of mainly data-structures basics, algorithm, OS etc. and then 2 technical interview and 1 HR interview were conducted in Pune office.
    1st technical interview was on basic knowledge of algorithm, OS, data-structures and 2nd on projects and programming knowledge.

Software Engineer In Test/QA/Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Culver City, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Culver City, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Symantec in May 2014.

Please read it if you are interviewing with Symantec.

The worst company I have ever interviewed with. Please think before accepting the offer. I got the first random call from them and was asked to give the interview. I was told the its Software Engineer in Test position. These were the exact word. Cleared that round and they schedules second phone interview 2 days later. They called me and told its QA position and asked me some QA related questions. I cleared that. They want to call me for onsite interview . It was Thursday and they asked me to come onsite on Monday. Everything was on phone. They didnt mail me till Saturday. Heights of irresponsibility. I emailed them back and asked. They said they wont be able to conduct on Monday. So they will reach me back.
    I mailed them twice but no reply. One week passed away. Then I asked them to schedule it on next wednesday. They said they will mail me the details. No email again till tuesday, the day before my interview. Again I mailed them and asked. They said they are working on it. How pathetic. Tomorrow is my interview and they are still working. Next day they scheduled my interview on Thursday. I went for the interview.

I got to know that the position has changed and they will be interviewing me for the Software Engineer position. Great! At the last moment they change the way they want. It was ok for me. They took the first 2 rounds which were not the technical rounds. They just discussed the position. There were going to be 6 rounds.

2nd round was taken by the manager and he said he is sending the interviewer for the third round. Then a person came in and said they are looking for a strong developer so they cannot move forward. I was shocked.

What was that. I told him that , I have not yet been tested on my coding skills . How can you judge without testing him. Actually there were no open position. They were just fooling me.

Its the worst company I have ever interviewed and would not suggest anyone.

Senior Director Product Marketing Interview

Acquired in so no interview was required. Process I've used with others is pretty standard. This was not applicable to me so I'll defer further comment while I fill the 50 word requirement. That should do it. I hope it does at least. Hmm some additional number of words are still required here so I will continue to type. Acqui-hiring is a good way to land.

Senior Software Engineer In Test Interview

4 rounds onsite interview. I was asked about work experience and background. Some questions about Unix commands, networking knowledge, python coding test.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 days - interviewed at Symantec.

Technical Phone Interview by the Sr Software Engineer. Generally, It is a 45 min technical interview and mostly technical questions and programming questions. C, C++, Java. All the concepts of Java were prominently asked quite often in the interview.

Sales and Marketing Leadership Program Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Symantec.

The first round interview process was relatively simple, with a structured interview format and the interviewer reading straight off a list of questions. I was asked some situational questions that were a bit unusual, i.e. "tell me about a time when you've done some work but then had to hand it off to someone else who dealt with the implementation/results. how did you influence that end process?" - i was thrown off by that one and am not sure i answered it very well. however the interviewer was very nice and helpful, so overall it was a good experience.

Interview Questions
    • What do you think the market opportunity is for consumer antivirus software in the United States?   Answer Question

Software Development Intern Interview

Had one phone screening and one six hour interview on-site.

Software Engineer Interview

Interviewed in September 2010. Had a phone interview. The interviewer was nice to talk to. Started with a discussion of project mentioned on my resume. Asked basic questions about C coding such as static variables, auto variables, register variables. Stack vs heap. Memory allocation. Structure vs union. Ended with a brief discussion of the position.

Software Engineer Interview

I talked to one of their recruiting representatives at the univ career fair, and then after three weeks, I got a call from one of the hiring manager requesting for an on-site interview. On the interview day, I meet 6 persons including the hiring manger, half an hour for each interviewer. They mainly asked project experience from the resume and coding problems. Some of them also asked about some system design questions and brain teaser questions. I followed up after two weeks, no one replied my email.

Interview Questions
    • a system design question about client and server design and the speed limits. You need to consider both the hardware part and software part, also need to know some virtualization techs.   Answer Question

Worked for Symantec? Contribute to the Community!