Symantec Interview Questions

Updated Apr 21, 2015

Senior IT Infrastructure Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Symantec (Pune (India)) in April 2015.

Interview

I applied for a Problem Manager role. Interview was of 4 rounds.

Round 1: Preliminary HR Round

Round 2: Interviewed by 2 senior Problem Manager.

Round 3: Interviewed by the Global Process Owner.

Round 4: Interviewed by the Service Management Head.

Interview was average for me but it would have been pretty difficult for others who may give the interview without without in-depth knowledge of ITIL and Problem Management.

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Symantec (Mountain View, CA).

Interview

First Interview was over the phone, than hiring manager, after I had interview with his peers. One of his peers, had no experience about the position and was asking me to clarify what it would do for his team. Very awkward! I've got an offer and accepted it, and when I had a chance to interact with that individual, I learned first had he is a master in making people uncomfortable, very unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• There are lots of ambiguity in the company/department/project. How do you deal with ambiguity?   1 Answer
    • They used a lot of old school jargon, and some of the acronyms from the current CEO   Answer Question

Software Engineeroftware Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Symantec (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in January 2011.

Interview

Technical test for two hours. Interview on technical concepts. General questions about last project strengths and weaknesses. Programming concepts. One to 4 people in interview process.

Principal Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Symantec (Mountain View, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Approached by recruiter (via linkedin). Got ph. screen interview around 30mins. Asked about previous experience and job opening related projects. Scheduled on-site with-in a week. 5 in-person interview. Two coding questions, two design and architecture questions. 5th was with hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• String manipulation and spin on matrix iteration (recursion).   Answer Question

Senior Engineering Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Symantec (Chennai (India)) in January 2015.

Interview

^ 6 Rounds of Interview
    * 1 Telephonic ( General Expectation and Basic Probing )
    * 2 Directors ( Program and Project Management )
    * 1 Sr. Manager ( People and Project Management )
    * 1 Sr. Architect ( System Architect )
    * 1 HR Round ( Summation and Co-ordination )

Interview Questions

• Q. What does the role fits you?
      Q. How do you manage conflict?
      Q. What will be your process of implementing any new process and organizational direction?
      Q. How will you transit a different skill resource into a newer one?
      Q. How will you keep the motivation?
      Q. How will manage security in your product?
      Q. What are the parameters to be considered for the security?
      Q. What is the best way to improve security mechanism from business analyst perspective?
      Q. Why do consider a com component as service to communicate between products.
      Q. What are the data-structure and design patterns do you used?

1 Answer

Senior Technical Support Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 7 weeksinterviewed at Symantec (Mountain View, CA) in February 2011.

Interview

A recruiter would do a pre-interview to validate availability, then set of questions would be asked by a panel of what would be peer managers. The finalists would have another interview with a set of individual managers in a panel style. The final and fourth interview would be done up by senior managers and/od Director if you made it past the first three rounds. A decision would come fairly quickly.

Interview Questions

• Typical; questions about: experience with direct reports, why wanting to manage, would it make a difference becoming a manager of past peers, how you would handle yourself on a manager team, what is important to you as a leader, what makes you a leader?   1 Answer

Negotiation

It was very easy.

Principal Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Symantec (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

Apply in University career fair. Onsite interview one week after. There are three person that interview me in total. There is no break between them. Each one takes 45 min and the whole process goes a little bit longer than 2 hours. The last one interview me is the team manager.

SAP BI Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Symantec (Pune (India)) in February 2015.

Interview

Total interview took 2+ Months.

1 Interview Telephonic Techinal

lasted for an hour mostly techinal questions asked by pannel of two. Most of the questions were basic and I answered all of them

2. Interview One on One Techinal and Manager's Interview at Pune office I got this call after a month

Lasted for 3 hours techinal guys again asked very basic questions related to SAP BI. Manager asked mostly management related question also discussed salary. Post this interview I thought that there would be positive outcome

3. Interview Telephonic Client's interview

After a week I get a call from Symentec Madras office they schedule my client call. I recive a call from Austrilia the client interview is again smooth nothing techinal and only discussion

after one month I get the news from my referal that they are not conidering my profile!!!

Still don't know why??

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Symantec (Mountain View, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Phone: About project and interests, just show your enthusiasm and you will be okay.
    Panel: 4 people:Grilling, was asked to write code(easy) on the whiteboard, they went in great depths of my projects(difficult).

Interview Questions

• How did you improve the efficiency of your code in your project? time of execution of code? algo. development?   1 Answer

Endpoint Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Symantec (San Jose, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

I was interviewed by the same guy I met at the career fair. He was nice, but he was speaking to me thru the speaker so it was hard to hear at times. There was another person with him in the room. His questions were fair and should be obvious to someone who pays attention to details in their class. When I ask them how many interns are they hiring, they say 1 for the summer. Be prepare to give your best.

Interview Questions

• 1. Talk about yourself.
      2. Talk about a bug you cannot solve and how did you solve it.
      3. How to store "last name, first name, id" into database for future access?
      4. If you can't connect to google, how do you debug it? (hint: DNS)

1 Answer