Symantec

329 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Associate Authentication Analyst Interview

Associate Authentication Analyst

I applied through a staffing agency and interviewed at Symantec.

Interview Details – First Round- Phone Interview with two managers. General questions about your experiences, they ask questions regarding about the relevance it is to the position.

Second Round- Panel Interview with multiple Many questions about the position and how you fit in. Typing Test is taken while they watch you.

Interview Questions

• Technical Questions, They bought up two listings of a company and ask which would I choose to authenticate.   Answer Question
  • Why you instead of another candidate?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None, done through agency

Software Engineer In Test/QA/Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer In Test/QA/Software Engineer
Culver City, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Symantec in May 2014.

Interview Details – Please read it if you are interviewing with Symantec.

The worst company I have ever interviewed with. Please think before accepting the offer. I got the first random call from them and was asked to give the interview. I was told the its Software Engineer in Test position. These were the exact word. Cleared that round and they schedules second phone interview 2 days later. They called me and told its QA position and asked me some QA related questions. I cleared that. They want to call me for onsite interview . It was Thursday and they asked me to come onsite on Monday. Everything was on phone. They didnt mail me till Saturday. Heights of irresponsibility. I emailed them back and asked. They said they wont be able to conduct on Monday. So they will reach me back.
I mailed them twice but no reply. One week passed away. Then I asked them to schedule it on next wednesday. They said they will mail me the details. No email again till tuesday, the day before my interview. Again I mailed them and asked. They said they are working on it. How pathetic. Tomorrow is my interview and they are still working. Next day they scheduled my interview on Thursday. I went for the interview.

I got to know that the position has changed and they will be interviewing me for the Software Engineer position. Great! At the last moment they change the way they want. It was ok for me. They took the first 2 rounds which were not the technical rounds. They just discussed the position. There were going to be 6 rounds.

2nd round was taken by the manager and he said he is sending the interviewer for the third round. Then a person came in and said they are looking for a strong developer so they cannot move forward. I was shocked.

What was that. I told him that , I have not yet been tested on my coding skills . How can you judge without testing him. Actually there were no open position. They were just fooling me.

Its the worst company I have ever interviewed and would not suggest anyone.

SQA Interview

SQA
San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Symantec in May 2014.

Interview Details – The university recruiter called me up saying she received my resume through our school's career fair. The initial phone screen was about 30 minutes. The hiring manager talked about their product and the teams. Then asked the usual java questions such as difference between interface and abstract class, and others. Then an on-site was scheduled at the SF office. I went down there on-time. In total, there were 3 rounds, each of which was conducted by two interviewers together. They asked the usual SQA-related questions found on the internet. The HM took me for a lunch at a nice-place. Got an offer in a couple of days.

Interview Question – Draw a sample web-application components. Explain your testing plan for each component.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – The pay-package was what I wanted and didn't negotiate.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Intern Interview

Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 6 days - interviewed at Symantec.

Interview Details – Technical Phone Interview by the Sr Software Engineer. Generally, It is a 45 min technical interview and mostly technical questions and programming questions. C, C++, Java. All the concepts of Java were prominently asked quite often in the interview.

Interview Question – Java Concepts   Answer Question

Senior Director Product Marketing Interview

Senior Director Product Marketing

Interviewed at Symantec

Interview Details – Acquired in so no interview was required. Process I've used with others is pretty standard. This was not applicable to me so I'll defer further comment while I fill the 50 word requirement. That should do it. I hope it does at least. Hmm some additional number of words are still required here so I will continue to type. Acqui-hiring is a good way to land.

Senior Software Quality Assurance Engineer Interview

Senior Software Quality Assurance Engineer

Interviewed at Symantec

Interview Details – Got a call from the hiring manager directly. First round was the phone interview and was regular QA questions.
Next round was face to face. I was interviewed by like 6 employees. They were nice and asked expected questions.

Interview Question – I was asked to write a program for one of the automation scenarios. I did not remember the syntax, but gave them the logic.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Senior Software Engineer
Mountain View, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Symantec in March 2014.

Interview Details – Posted my resume on a few career websites and got contacted by an internal recruiter. Pretty fast process. 1 phone interview, then 4 on-site interviews.

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected. Normal Java, SQL, OO interview questions.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I've been in the industry for 5+ years and graduating with my MS, so even though the offer was better than my then-current job, it was below other Silicon Valley offers.

I didn't like this particular recruiter. I've been with the same company outside of the Bay Area for 5+ years, so my salary was severely below market rate. When the recruiter called to discuss an offer, and I gave my number, he pretty much told me "Your current salary is X, how it works in the industry is that by switching job, you'd get a 5-10% raise, so your next salary should be around Y."

At that time, I already got a much better un-negotiated offer from another Silicon Valley company (+30% raise, signing bonus, RSU), but I resisted the urge to laugh and give it straight to him. I just diplomatically decline the offer.

Senior Software Engineer In Test Interview

Senior Software Engineer In Test

Interviewed at Symantec

Interview Details – 4 rounds onsite interview. I was asked about work experience and background. Some questions about Unix commands, networking knowledge, python coding test.

Interview Question – Python coding test.   Answer Question

Senior Sales Ops Specialist Interview

Senior Sales Ops Specialist
Beaverton, OR

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Symantec.

Interview Details – Hiring process was smooth - interviews were all with people I already knew, who asked tough, but fair questions, and challenged my assumptions about the job.

Interview Question – Describe a moment when you turned a failure into an opportunity.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Easy.

Software Development Intern Interview

Software Development Intern
San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Symantec in November 2013.

Interview Details – one phone, one on campus, two onsite

Interview Question – Binary tree implementation via linkedlists   Answer Question