Symantec

320 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Director Interview

Director

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Symantec.

Interview Details – Worst ever I saw. People don't know how to interview for a director position. For example: They ask the commands in a technical interview for a director position. The interviewer's motto is to fail the candidate. I suggest them to have a feedback review for the interviewer.

Interview Question – What is the command to copy a file from local directory to Hadoop environment ( In an interview, a senior architect asked interviewer for a position of Director).   View Answer

Senior Solutions Specialist Interview

Senior Solutions Specialist

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Symantec in November 2010.

Interview Details – A recruiter contacted me to go through the initial "smoke" test. Then I spoke with the position's manager who was mostly checking my personality. Spoke with a technical consultant next who quizzed me on the product I would be working with. Then finally interviewing with the customer the position was assigned to.

Interview Question – Did not receive any difficult or unexpected questions. The overall interview process was a breeze for me because I was a referral from another employee.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Senior Software Engineer
Culver City, CA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Symantec.

Interview Details – interview with HR, then phone interview with a Developer and finally 1-1 interview with 4 engineers

Interview Question – Detail java questions   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Senior Software Engineer
San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Symantec in February 2014.

Interview Details – I interviewed for the platform team for senior software engineer position. I had one telephonic interview which was pretty easy and then I was called onsite.

Interview Question – None, everything was pretty easy   View Answer

Associate Hardware Engineer Interview

Associate Hardware Engineer
Culver City, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Symantec in March 2014.

Interview Details – 1. Pre-screening by HR recruiter
2. Phone Interview with hiring manager
3. Non-Technical Interview
4. Technical Interview
5. Hired

Interview Question – Interviewers prepared and compiled questions from all network and VM related topics.
The questions based on scenario, and you need to describe the steps of troubleshooting and fix.
Sometimes, they also ask about Linux and DOS commands such as like diskpart
  Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Got a better offer from other team

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer

Interviewed at Symantec

Interview Details – HR called and set up a phone interview then was called for onsite.
There were 3 onsite interview
1. Coding interview where they asked to do tree traversal
2. Coding interview where they made me do directory traversal
3. Testing interview where I was given a scenario which I had to write test cases for

Negotiation Details – They gave me 10000 more than I asked but in Stocks

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Software Engineer Intern

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Symantec in January 2014.

Interview Details – Applied through university portal.

Interview Questions

Software Quality Assurance Engineer Interview

Software Quality Assurance Engineer
Culver City, CA

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Symantec in February 2014.

Interview Details – The recruiter worked quickly to set up a phone screenings and an onsite interview. Everything was pretty standard in terms of questioning. Coding exercises, basic demonstrations and verbal descriptions of software solutions was chiefly the way to go. The team that I interviewed with was very supportive too. Overall, it was very pleasant.

Interview Question – Nothing really worth mentioning. =)   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Basically, my desired compensation was not matched. Pretty disappointing but no hard feelings about it all.

Senior Manager Interview

Senior Manager
Springfield, OR

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Symantec in April 2010.

Interview Details – Behavioral interviewing process. Good communication between application, screening and hiring manager.

Interview Question – Tell us a time when you encountered a situation that was adversarial. How did you react and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer

Interviewed at Symantec

Interview Details – Interviewed in September 2010. Had a phone interview. The interviewer was nice to talk to. Started with a discussion of project mentioned on my resume. Asked basic questions about C coding such as static variables, auto variables, register variables. Stack vs heap. Memory allocation. Structure vs union. Ended with a brief discussion of the position.