Symantec Interview Questions

Updated Sep 16, 2014
Updated Sep 16, 2014

3.1

Senior Solutions Specialist Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Symantec in November 2010.

A recruiter contacted me to go through the initial "smoke" test. Then I spoke with the position's manager who was mostly checking my personality. Spoke with a technical consultant next who quizzed me on the product I would be working with. Then finally interviewing with the customer the position was assigned to.

Interview Questions
    • Did not receive any difficult or unexpected questions. The overall interview process was a breeze for me because I was a referral from another employee.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Culver City, CA

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Symantec.

interview with HR, then phone interview with a Developer and finally 1-1 interview with 4 engineers

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Symantec in February 2014.

I interviewed for the platform team for senior software engineer position. I had one telephonic interview which was pretty easy and then I was called onsite.

Associate Hardware Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Culver City, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Symantec in March 2014.

1. Pre-screening by HR recruiter
    2. Phone Interview with hiring manager
    3. Non-Technical Interview
    4. Technical Interview
    5. Hired

Interview Questions
    • Interviewers prepared and compiled questions from all network and VM related topics.
      The questions based on scenario, and you need to describe the steps of troubleshooting and fix.
      Sometimes, they also ask about Linux and DOS commands such as like diskpart
        Answer Question

Got a better offer from other team

Software Engineer Interview

HR called and set up a phone interview then was called for onsite.
    There were 3 onsite interview
    1. Coding interview where they asked to do tree traversal
    2. Coding interview where they made me do directory traversal
    3. Testing interview where I was given a scenario which I had to write test cases for

They gave me 10000 more than I asked but in Stocks

Software Engineer Intern Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Symantec in January 2014.

Applied through university portal.

Software Quality Assurance Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Culver City, CA

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Symantec in February 2014.

The recruiter worked quickly to set up a phone screenings and an onsite interview. Everything was pretty standard in terms of questioning. Coding exercises, basic demonstrations and verbal descriptions of software solutions was chiefly the way to go. The team that I interviewed with was very supportive too. Overall, it was very pleasant.

Interview Questions

Basically, my desired compensation was not matched. Pretty disappointing but no hard feelings about it all.

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Springfield, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, OR

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Symantec in April 2010.

Behavioral interviewing process. Good communication between application, screening and hiring manager.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us a time when you encountered a situation that was adversarial. How did you react and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Interviewed in September 2010. Had a phone interview. The interviewer was nice to talk to. Started with a discussion of project mentioned on my resume. Asked basic questions about C coding such as static variables, auto variables, register variables. Stack vs heap. Memory allocation. Structure vs union. Ended with a brief discussion of the position.

Partner Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Eugene, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eugene, OR

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Symantec.

They use behavioral type questions, Ie provide an example of time when you did X, how did it work, what was the results, what could you have done better. The have a list of them from their HR site, so expect to hear similar questions alot. Some managers dont use them, but be prepared to be as specific as possible.

Interview Questions
    • Desribe a time when you had a conflict/disagreement with a fellow employee, what happend and how did you respond. What is the result now?   Answer Question
    There was really not a negotiation, it was here is what we will pay take it or we find someone else.