Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Symantec
- Software Engineer (40)
- Senior Software Engineer (36)
- Associate Software Engineer (23)
- Intern (15)
- Principal Software Engineer (15)
- Technical Support Engineer (15)
- Software Engineer Intern (12)
- SQA Engineer (7)
- Senior Technical Support Engineer (7)
- Senior Manager (7)
- Software Quality Assurance Engineer (7)
- Associate SQA Engineer (6)
- Software Developer (5)
- Senior SQA Engineer (5)
- Sales Specialist (4)
- Engineering (4)
- Sales Engineer (4)
- Sales Manager (4)
- Marketing Manager (4)
- SQA (4)
- Inside Sales Representative (4)
- Software Development Intern (3)
- Senior Systems Engineer (3)
- IT (3)
- Analyst (3)
- Senior Product Manager (3)
- Senior Product Marketing Manager (3)
- Senior QA Engineer (3)
- Program Manager (3)
- Product Manager (2)
Marketing Manager Interview
I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Symantec in September 2011.
I was contacted by a recruiter and brought in shortly after to meet the VP of Marketing for my on-site interview. I then met the hiring manager following and was presented an offer by the recruiter.
- The interview was behavioral and relevant to the position. Answer Question
Other Interview Reviews for Symantec
Marketing Manager InterviewDeclined OfferNeutral ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Symantec (Mountain View, CA) in April 2011.
At least 3 rounds typically. Will involve HR, hiring manager and cross-functional team members. Mix of professional background questions and personality or attitude. Not difficult, quite interactive. Can see that interviewers look for different things in the candidate.
- Sell yourself to us. Answer Question
Marketing Manager InterviewNo OfferNegative ExperienceDifficult Interview
The process took a week. I interviewed at Symantec in January 2012.
I was asked to apply for the position by a director within the Sales organization because of my experience and skills. I was then scheduled for an in person interview with the hiring manager in the airport because we were both traveling, but she missed her connecting flight, so we had a phone interview. I then had one in-person interview with someone who was one of my previous manager's at the company; and three 30 minute phone interviews with other team members around the company. Before these interviews I was told I was a finalist, but after the interviews I was never contacted by the hiring manager or the recruiter. I finally emailed the recruiter who told me the offered the position to someone else. The hiring manager never did contact me again.
- Describe the Symantec Sales process? 1 Answer
Marketing Manager InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Symantec in May 2010.
Company acquired by Symantec