Symantec Marketing Manager Interview Questions

Updated Jul 1, 2015

3.2

Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Symantec in September 2011.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter and brought in shortly after to meet the VP of Marketing for my on-site interview. I then met the hiring manager following and was presented an offer by the recruiter.

Interview Questions

• The interview was behavioral and relevant to the position.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Symantec

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Symantec (Mountain View, CA) in April 2011.

Interview

At least 3 rounds typically. Will involve HR, hiring manager and cross-functional team members. Mix of professional background questions and personality or attitude. Not difficult, quite interactive. Can see that interviewers look for different things in the candidate.

Marketing Manager Interview

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Symantec in January 2012.

Interview

I was asked to apply for the position by a director within the Sales organization because of my experience and skills. I was then scheduled for an in person interview with the hiring manager in the airport because we were both traveling, but she missed her connecting flight, so we had a phone interview. I then had one in-person interview with someone who was one of my previous manager's at the company; and three 30 minute phone interviews with other team members around the company. Before these interviews I was told I was a finalist, but after the interviews I was never contacted by the hiring manager or the recruiter. I finally emailed the recruiter who told me the offered the position to someone else. The hiring manager never did contact me again.

Interview Questions

• Describe the Symantec Sales process?   1 Answer

Marketing Manager Interview

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Symantec in May 2010.

Interview

Company acquired by Symantec

Negotiation

Fair