Symantec Interview Questions in Pune

3.3

56 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Symantec.

I have applied through recruiter. Got call from HR and invited me for the written aptitude test and symantec office. Test consists of questions on python, Java, database, android and operating system and some security related. There were also 3 algorithms to write.

After Test, there 3 technical interviews which took almost 2 weeks. One from India and other two are from onsite. 4th was with Vice president.HR was done over telephone.

One should prepared well for negotiation. If you DON'T demand, then you WON'T get it.

Android Developer/Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

I applied online – interviewed at Symantec in August 2014.

Interview was for an android developers position, but they really didn't / don't want someone with android as a skill. They are looking for someone with good knowledge of data structures and C. Rest they will teach. Interview was conducted as
    1. Technical Test 2. White board test 3. Online Test

Interview Questions
    • 5 code snippets were asked apart from 25 MCQ's mainly on Data structures and 3 Subjective questions again on data structures   Answer Question

Security Response Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Symantec in June 2014.

Symantec interview process is extensive. You ought to get frustrated & would want to kill yourself to hear the results. I gave 8 round of interviews & they reject me. I was rejected by the VP of security response team. Technical interview were fine but I don't know why they rejected me.

Interview Questions
    • The interview process started on june 23rd 2014. They called me as they had shortlisted my CV for this specific position. The first round was a written technical + aptitude round with 23 other guys. Then they shortlisted 19 of them to 2nd round. After the 2nd round they shortlisted some more. And the 2nd round it was a face to face technical interview questions about networking & little bit linux. Then my 3rd round was a panel interview with 2 guys who were really nice & threw some scripting & linux test of me. It was a nice round with them. They talked nicely & were really friendly & took some real test of me. After finishing that round I saw no one was left for interview process. I became happy but then they informed me that I will have further interviews & they will inform me. They informed me that I will have interviews with Director, VP, of security response team. After this they took 5 more rounds of interviews with the senior most person of Symantec. 3 rounds were technical & the other rounds were full HR based questions. After clearing all those rounds successfully The final round was with the VP of security response team. He took my interview. A nice guy but got rejected due to my technical skills which I had cleared earlier. MADE NO SENSE AT ALL. They finally gave me the final result after 1 month of final interviews. They took so long to gave you a NO. That doesn't make any sense at all. My final interview also went very well. but don't know why I got rejected. A piece of advice, they should rethink their interview process. They should at least focus on one person's time. They should respect a person's level of patience. They should at least have the curtsey to respond to a person if he is not selected. I followed them up like 100 times to get a NO answer. really disgusting & really no standard as of the company stands for. Really NO STABILITY. I am not posting any questions as I believe one should face the challenge on their own & not take help. i remember each questions & answer but I don't want to disclose them. REALLY VERY VERY BAD FEEDBACK FROM MY SIDE TO THIS COMPANY   View Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

interviewed at Symantec in June 2014.

There were 3 rounds total.
    Round 1-Telephonic
    In this they asked basics of android.
    Round 2-Practical Implementation
    I was asked to program a task in android for 2-2.5 hrs
    Round 3-Managerial Round
    1 datastructure question was asked
    1 GCM question was asked

Interview Questions
    • How to find the intersected node of two linked list?   View Answer

Senior SQA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Symantec in March 2014.

I got initial call from HR. My job profile meet their requirements exactly. There were 3 technical rounds. 1 was taken by someone from India office on phone. 2nd round from US team. 3rd round was technical programming round.

Interview Questions
    • Write a program which will read an excel file data and write it to xml file after doing some calculations.   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Symantec in January 2014.

referral hiring

1 round :: Telephonic round taken by 2 people for 1 hour, all technical stuff from your resume.

2 round :: Face to face with 2 people for 50 min, kind of technical as well as Problem solving skill and communication skills.

3 round :: With project manager, just a 5 min look up to resume, followed by some professional details of yours like last company, last salary drawn, expected salary...
    And asked me to wait for HR round next week :) hope for the best :)

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Symantec in November 2013.

I got selected for interview through the campus recruitment process.First round was coding and tecnical quiz.They were pretty easy.Next day they asked to come at symantec work location for interviews.Interview process consisting of two technical interviews and one hr round.Finally at the end of day they declared results.And I got the job :).

Interview Questions
    • Questions were mainly based on operating systems and data structures.   Answer Question
    no negotiation.

IT Applications Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

I applied online – interviewed at Symantec.

It was not very tough.
    2 rounds of technical and 1 HR round,

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Symantec in October 2013.

Recruiter called me for the telephonic round.

Senior Infrastructure Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Symantec.

Applied online. HR called and discussed the Monetory stuff. Was selected and was called for Technical round. Interview was taken by 5 Guys. Went well.

Did not negotiate as what was offered was much higher to my current Salary