Symantec

Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Senior Software Engineer
Pune (India)

I interviewed at Symantec in June 2014.

Interview Details – There were 3 rounds total.
Round 1-Telephonic
In this they asked basics of android.
Round 2-Practical Implementation
I was asked to program a task in android for 2-2.5 hrs
Round 3-Managerial Round
1 datastructure question was asked
1 GCM question was asked

Interview Question – How to find the intersected node of two linked list?   View Answer

Senior Customer Hub Agent Interview

Senior Customer Hub Agent
Pune (India)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Symantec in September 2010.

Interview Details – Applied via job site. Telephonic interview was conducted.
F2F interview was conducted in the office. Basic windows and networking questions were asked. Though they are not at all relevant to the job profile.
Basic technical troubleshooting questions. MS Office, Word, Excel, Powerpoint.
Fluent communication in English is a MUST.

Interview Question – What is your weakness?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Pune (India)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Symantec in September 2010.

Interview Details – Initially telephonic interview, then FTF of two rounds.
Took almost 2 weeks for offer.
I have joined as fresher. So basic questions about OOPS concepts, Java and some questions to test problem solving skills.

Interview Question – Almost all the questions are answerable. not that difficult.   Answer Question

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Associate Software Engineer
Pune (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Symantec in November 2013.

Interview Details – I got selected for interview through the campus recruitment process.First round was coding and tecnical quiz.They were pretty easy.Next day they asked to come at symantec work location for interviews.Interview process consisting of two technical interviews and one hr round.Finally at the end of day they declared results.And I got the job :).

Interview Question – Questions were mainly based on operating systems and data structures.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation.

Associate Configuration Management Engineer Interview

Associate Configuration Management Engineer
Pune (India)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Symantec in May 2012.

Interview Details – 1 interview with group panel + written test

Interview Question – scripting   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – i accepted the offer .there was no negotiation

Principal Software Engineer Interview

Principal Software Engineer
Pune (India)

I interviewed at Symantec in January 2010.

Interview Details – Mostly puzzles and past experience related questions. Managerial round too was almost like a design round

Interview Question – Gave a use-case to design in an area not familiar to me   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Senior SQA Engineer Interview

Senior SQA Engineer
Pune (India)

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Symantec in May 2010.

Interview Details – Interview process is based on how well you follow instructions

Interview Question – It was not difficult, but it was the most difficult question based on their IQ: How will you test copy command?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate but it was not a positive experience

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Senior Software Engineer
Pune (India)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Symantec in August 2010.

Interview Details – referral work well, I was referred, there were multiple rounds of interviews with senior team members & managers, and lastly with HR on telephone.

Interview Question – Analysis of a scenario w.r.t operations in kernel.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Pune (India)

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Symantec in November 2011.

Interview Details – Hiring and interview process is not good.

Associate Interview

Associate
Pune (India)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Symantec in January 2014.

Interview Details – referral hiring

1 round :: Telephonic round taken by 2 people for 1 hour, all technical stuff from your resume.

2 round :: Face to face with 2 people for 50 min, kind of technical as well as Problem solving skill and communication skills.

3 round :: With project manager, just a 5 min look up to resume, followed by some professional details of yours like last company, last salary drawn, expected salary...
And asked me to wait for HR round next week :) hope for the best :)

Interview Question – Analytic problem given to solve.   Answer Question

Worked for Symantec? Contribute to the Community!