Symantec Interview Questions in Roseville, MN

3.7

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Symantec (Roseville, MN) in December 2011.

Interview

I had an initial phone interview from HR followed by 2 on-site interviews. Both interviews were with a panel of people. The first was non-technical interview mostly based off my resume and interests. The second was technical - answering a few basic computer science questions as well as writing pseudocode for "fizz buzz" program as well as writing pseudocode for a sort algorithm.

Interview Questions

• writing pseudocode for a sort algorithm was probably the most difficult question as I was about 8 years out of college and the last time I looked at writing such an algorithm. Thankfully I always remember quicksort.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't try to negotiate because the salary offer was good. In hindsight, I should have tried to negotiate a sign-on bonus.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

The process took a dayinterviewed at Symantec (Roseville, MN) in October 2011.

Interview

Was referred to the hiring manager, contacted him, and set up an interview. Interview was 1 on 4, and consisted of mainly technical questions, also some code writing on a whiteboard, and a couple more standard questions as well. Interview went well, and they indicated they'd get an offer out to me within a couple days. One month later, an offer finally arrived, but by that time I had already accepted elsewhere. They have a nice building and nice staff, but I got the feeling that they are severely understaffed and highly stressed.

Interview Questions

• How would you go about finding the security vulnerabilities in our 2 million lines of code?   Answer Question

Took longer than promised to receive the official offer.

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Symantec (Roseville, MN) in December 2009.

Interview

The interview was mostly based on my resume, describing the projects i worked on in graduate school and the challenges that went with it. It was a friendly interview and lasted only 1 hour.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I tried to negotiate but they did not have any wriggle room.