Symantec SQA Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Aug 5, 2015

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Culver City, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Symantec (Culver City, CA) in July 2014.

Interview

A recruiter reached out to me regarding open position at Symantec. The recruiter worked quickly to set up 1 phone screenings and quickly move to an onsite interview. Everything was done in less than a week. Everything was pretty standard in terms of questioning. Coding exercises, data structure, algorithm, basic demonstrations and verbal descriptions of software solutions was chiefly the way to go. The team that I interviewed with was very supportive too. It was one of the quickest interview I ever had and the interviewer was easy to talk with

Interview Questions

• asked if I liked to play games, and what games.. how would you develop + test it..   Answer Question

Negotiation

no negotiation

Other Interview Reviews for Symantec

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Mary, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Symantec (Lake Mary, FL) in January 2013.

Interview

The managers, all of them, make you feel at ease during the interview process. Got a tour, great environment and wonderful people. I loved the whole process and would interview with them again if had the chance.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

It's a great company to work for.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, OR

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Symantec (Springfield, OR) in April 2011.

Interview

Initial interview was phone screen and was scheduled with hiring manager and peer. They asked me Selenium coding questions and QA best practices. Then had face to face where I met with the application team. Interview panel had developers and testers.

SQA Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Symantec.

Interview

It was pretty much technical oriented. Since it was a Unix role to questions related to it were asked. 3 rounds of technical interview and 1 managerial and 1 HR round.

SQA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Symantec (Bangalore (India)) in January 2014.

Interview

Good.. 3 technical rounds happened. Mostly Java questions and selenium questions for technical round. Manual testing questions were less and agile testing is necessary. Good in java and selenium should be fine for the interview process

SQA Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Symantec.

Interview

My friend working at Symantec referred me. I was contacted by the HR quite soon and I was interviewed thrice. First interview was conducted by one person and he asked me general questions about my education and work experience. He also briefed me about the company and the kind of work. Second interview was conducted by two people and it was mostly technical. The third interview was comparatively informal. Thereafter, I was contacted by the HR about the decision within a week and I joined within 3 weeks.

SQA Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Symantec in April 2010.

Interview

i had an intern experience for six months earlier. so mostly was asked about the work i had already done . besides was asked questions on databases, data structures operating systems and microprocessors. basic level questions tho..

Interview Questions

• questions on paging and threadings   1 Answer

Negotiation

easy