Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Symantec
- Software Engineer (37)
- Senior Software Engineer (34)
- Associate Software Engineer (19)
- Intern (15)
- Principal Software Engineer (15)
- Technical Support Engineer (12)
- Software Engineer Intern (12)
- Senior Manager (7)
- Software Quality Assurance Engineer (7)
- SQA Engineer (6)
- Associate SQA Engineer (6)
- Senior SQA Engineer (5)
- Senior Technical Support Engineer (5)
- Software Developer (5)
- Sales Manager (4)
- SQA (4)
- Inside Sales Representative (4)
- Sales Specialist (4)
- Engineering (4)
- Software Development Intern (3)
- Senior Systems Engineer (3)
- Marketing Manager (3)
- Senior Product Manager (3)
- Senior Product Marketing Manager (3)
- Senior QA Engineer (3)
- Analyst (3)
- Sales Engineer (3)
- Senior Software Quality Assurance Engineer (2)
- Senior Director (2)
- Senior Engineering Manager (2)
I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks – interviewed at Symantec (San Francisco, CA) in May 2014.
The university recruiter called me up saying she received my resume through our school's career fair. The initial phone screen was about 30 minutes. The hiring manager talked about their product and the teams. Then asked the usual java questions such as difference between interface and abstract class, and others. Then an on-site was scheduled at the SF office. I went down there on-time. In total, there were 3 rounds, each of which was conducted by two interviewers together. They asked the usual SQA-related questions found on the internet. The HM took me for a lunch at a nice-place. Got an offer in a couple of days.
- Draw a sample web-application components. Explain your testing plan for each component. 1 Answer
The pay-package was what I wanted and didn't negotiate.
Other Interview Reviews for Symantec
SQA InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks – interviewed at Symantec (Mountain View, CA) in April 2012.
1st telephonic followed by a four hour face to face.
- Nothing difficult. They asked standard questions. Answer Question
Negotiations were done before the interview, as I worked as a contract employee.
SQA InterviewAccepted Offer
aptitude test followed by 2-3 technical interviews
SQA InterviewAccepted OfferNeutral ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied online. The process took 1 day – interviewed at Symantec (Pune (India)) in December 2010.
There was a panel of 5 members i total. Divided in two two and 1.
- How is the data written on a disk. How many spindles are there. What is RAID 1,2,3,4,5 Answer Question