Symantec

Average Difficulty
4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Symantec in May 2014.

Interview Details – The university recruiter called me up saying she received my resume through our school's career fair. The initial phone screen was about 30 minutes. The hiring manager talked about their product and the teams. Then asked the usual java questions such as difference between interface and abstract class, and others. Then an on-site was scheduled at the SF office. I went down there on-time. In total, there were 3 rounds, each of which was conducted by two interviewers together. They asked the usual SQA-related questions found on the internet. The HM took me for a lunch at a nice-place. Got an offer in a couple of days.

Interview Question – Draw a sample web-application components. Explain your testing plan for each component.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – The pay-package was what I wanted and didn't negotiate.

Mountain View, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Symantec in April 2012.

Interview Details – 1st telephonic followed by a four hour face to face.

Interview Question – Nothing difficult. They asked standard questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiations were done before the interview, as I worked as a contract employee.

Interviewed at Symantec

Interview Details – aptitude test followed by 2-3 technical interviews

Pune (India)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Symantec in December 2010.

Interview Details – There was a panel of 5 members i total. Divided in two two and 1.

Interview Question – How is the data written on a disk. How many spindles are there. What is RAID 1,2,3,4,5   Answer Question

Worked for Symantec? Contribute to the Community!