Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Symantec
- Software Engineer (43)
- Senior Software Engineer (39)
- Associate Software Engineer (25)
- Intern (18)
- Technical Support Engineer (16)
- Principal Software Engineer (15)
- Software Engineer Intern (12)
- SQA Engineer (7)
- Senior Technical Support Engineer (7)
- Senior Manager (7)
- Software Quality Assurance Engineer (7)
- Associate SQA Engineer (6)
- Senior SQA Engineer (5)
- Sales Specialist (5)
- Software Developer (5)
- Sales Engineer (4)
- Sales Manager (4)
- Marketing Manager (4)
- Inside Sales Representative (4)
- SQA (4)
- Engineering (4)
- Senior Consultant (3)
- Principal SQA Engineer (3)
- Senior Product Manager (3)
- Senior Product Marketing Manager (3)
- Senior QA Engineer (3)
- Program Manager (3)
- Software Development Intern (3)
- IT (3)
- Senior Systems Engineer (3)
Sales Manager Interview
You have to hunt for the jobs - they are posted, but not easy to find. If your manager isn't clear you're looking you get almost no help. The Talent Acquistion team are mostly contractors, so theres a chance you will speak to multiple people int he process before ever getting to hiring manager.
- None - it was very standard. Focused on how you get others to sell more. Answer Question
Minimal wiggle room unless the location is hard to find talent for or the jobs been open a long time.
Other Interview Reviews for Symantec
Sales Manager InterviewAccepted Offer
I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Symantec.
6 rounds of interviews from HR to members of the team
What were you able to negotiate? What advice would you give others considering an offer?
Sales Manager InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Symantec (Reading, England (UK)) in March 2012.
Standard - Was dealing with an agency. Had a telephone interview first with HR & then a face to face with the Sales Director that would be responsible for making the decision. Then a meeting with the head of the UK. 30/60/90 presentation as standard.
- They asked me all the standard interview questions, nothing from left field. Answer Question
Sales Manager InterviewNo OfferNeutral ExperienceEasy Interview
The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Symantec in March 2011.
was referred to a Symantec recruiter by a friend. Sent my resume and and had 20 minute conversation about the job. Was contacted by a separate recruiter a week later to schedule a phone interview with the hiring manager. One week later, had a 1 hour 15 minute phone interview with the hiring manager. Basic interview with him describing the job and me talking about my plan for the position. Hiring mgr told me I was one of the top candidates and I would hear from a recruiter in the next few days to schedule an onsite interview with a panel of Symantec people. Went two weeks without any contact. Called the original recruiter and he thanked for me for my interest but told me it appeared they would be offering the position to an internal candidate
- what is your process for profiling accounts? Answer Question