Symantec Sales Manager Interview Questions

Updated Mar 18, 2015

2.5

Sales Manager Interview

Interview

You have to hunt for the jobs - they are posted, but not easy to find. If your manager isn't clear you're looking you get almost no help. The Talent Acquistion team are mostly contractors, so theres a chance you will speak to multiple people int he process before ever getting to hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• None - it was very standard. Focused on how you get others to sell more.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Minimal wiggle room unless the location is hard to find talent for or the jobs been open a long time.

Other Interview Reviews for Symantec

Sales Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Symantec.

Interview

6 rounds of interviews from HR to members of the team

Negotiation

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reading, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Symantec (Reading, England (UK)) in March 2012.

Interview

Standard - Was dealing with an agency. Had a telephone interview first with HR & then a face to face with the Sales Director that would be responsible for making the decision. Then a meeting with the head of the UK. 30/60/90 presentation as standard.

Interview Questions

• They asked me all the standard interview questions, nothing from left field.   Answer Question

Sales Manager Interview

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Symantec in March 2011.

Interview

was referred to a Symantec recruiter by a friend. Sent my resume and and had 20 minute conversation about the job. Was contacted by a separate recruiter a week later to schedule a phone interview with the hiring manager. One week later, had a 1 hour 15 minute phone interview with the hiring manager. Basic interview with him describing the job and me talking about my plan for the position. Hiring mgr told me I was one of the top candidates and I would hear from a recruiter in the next few days to schedule an onsite interview with a panel of Symantec people. Went two weeks without any contact. Called the original recruiter and he thanked for me for my interest but told me it appeared they would be offering the position to an internal candidate