Symantec Senior Java Developer Interview Questions & Reviews

2 interviews

4.5

2 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Senior Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bangalore (India)
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Symantec.

Got a call from HR
Called for face 2 face.
Had 2 face to face on the same day :
  Mostly related to algorithm, problem solving, designing the solution, threading. Each round will be conducted by two persons. No nonsense questions. Purely technical (algoriths, data structure). I felt interviewers were good and trying to help to come up with solution. Instead of final solution they were interested in seeing the approach and confidence. (Each interview lasted for 1 hour )
3rd round was with senior manager. He was more interested to see the problem solving skill, given the problem how will you tackle it and trying to give ideas when needed.
4th round was with HR, typical HR questions.
5th round was with director, again technical questions and managerial questions.

Overall I had very good experience, I really liked the way people treated me. I've been through many interviews, this was one of the best experiences.

Interview Questions
  • Given the problem, come up with data structure and algorithm with O(n) complexity!   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Symantec

Senior Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Pune (India)
    Anonymous Employee in Pune (India)

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Symantec in September 2012.

Given 5 rounds of technical interview.
    1.Telephonic
    2.f2f interview with 2 people
    3.f2f interview with 2 people
    4. manager round
    interview was very good.after one week hr called me and said we do have some budget problem for that project.As your feedback is postive and you have cleared all the round. so please meet the another project's manager.this will not be technical round.

so i again went to their kharadi office from hinjewadi. there were again two persons one sr. dev manager and technical. it was also a technical round. I was able to give the answers of all the questions which were related to my skilsl,it includes coding and designing problem.after this they have started asking about os,memory mangmnt,semaphore. these are not my skills so i was not able to give the answers.they have also told me that you have cleared all the rounds earlier but we don't consider those and we don't know what have you been told by hr.

after 2 weeks i got the mail from hr that you r not selected.

Interview Questions
    • design producer consumer prob.
      hashmap implementation
      puzzles
      write the program x the power y using recursion.
      some other programming questions
      questions on binary search tree.
        Answer Question

Worked for Symantec? Contribute to the Community!