Symantec Senior Manager Interview Questions

Updated Apr 19, 2015

2.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Symantec (Mountain View, CA).

Interview

First Interview was over the phone, than hiring manager, after I had interview with his peers. One of his peers, had no experience about the position and was asking me to clarify what it would do for his team. Very awkward! I've got an offer and accepted it, and when I had a chance to interact with that individual, I learned first had he is a master in making people uncomfortable, very unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• There are lots of ambiguity in the company/department/project. How do you deal with ambiguity?   1 Answer
  • They used a lot of old school jargon, and some of the acronyms from the current CEO   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Symantec

Senior Manager Interview

Interview

Recruiter call & screen. on site interviews with manager, colleagues and clients. Lots of questions around change management, company seems to be in chaotic state with a good deal of turnover at leadership and manager levels

Interview Questions

• Describe how you have handled a change in direction for a project you were leading a large team on. What did you do   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Symantec (San Francisco, CA) in May 2011.

Interview

Phone Interview lasted for 1 hour. Basic questions regarding team structure, conflict resolution, software development methodology such as agile/scrum. All questions were based on information provided on cv.

I was called on site. There were 4 interviews, 2 people taking the interview at a time. Not very tough. The only negative is that, they ask the team members who will be reporting into you to take your interview. I found lack of maturity on part of these developers to communicate effectively.

Interview Questions

• How do you motivate your team?   Answer Question
    • If a developer does not want to expand or grow, where as the bussiness requires him to take leadership. What will you do.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Symantec (Springfield, OR) in April 2010.

Interview

Behavioral interviewing process. Good communication between application, screening and hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• Tell us a time when you encountered a situation that was adversarial. How did you react and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Senior Manager Interview

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Symantec in March 2012.

Interview

Symantec uses target selection interview techniques ie tell me about a time when you....This applies to non tech roles. These are based around the core competences for the role. If your interviewer isn't writing much they aren't doing there job. If they are writing everything down that you say they are inexperienced. To prepare consider the core skills and thing of examples where you demonstrated them. Have fun with it.

Better offer internally in relation to salary and line mgr.

Senior Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Symantec in March 2010.

Interview

unstructured, meandering phone interview. success tied directly into hiring director's motivation to fill position.

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions. Interview was unstructured and non-standard. (I.e., no HR representative attended, no standard questionaire was used.   1 Answer

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tokyo (Japan)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Symantec (Tokyo (Japan)) in May 2008.

Interview

At first, I send a resume and it will be checked by HR and hiring manager.
    Secondly, I had two interview with hiring manager and his boss, it took 1 hour.
    Thirdly, had an interview with president of Japan division, it took half an hour.
    Finally, had an interview with member of HR to negotiate with compensation.

Interview Questions

• What is your primary idea in your life and its reason?   1 Answer