Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Symantec
- Software Engineer (37)
- Senior Software Engineer (34)
- Associate Software Engineer (19)
- Intern (15)
- Principal Software Engineer (15)
- Technical Support Engineer (12)
- Software Engineer Intern (12)
- Senior Manager (7)
- Software Quality Assurance Engineer (7)
- SQA Engineer (6)
- Associate SQA Engineer (6)
- Senior Technical Support Engineer (5)
- Software Developer (5)
- Sales Manager (4)
- SQA (4)
- Inside Sales Representative (4)
- Senior SQA Engineer (4)
- Sales Specialist (4)
- Engineering (4)
- Software Development Intern (3)
- Senior Systems Engineer (3)
- Marketing Manager (3)
- Senior Product Manager (3)
- Senior Product Marketing Manager (3)
- Senior QA Engineer (3)
- Analyst (3)
- Sales Engineer (2)
- Senior Software Quality Assurance Engineer (2)
- Senior Director (2)
- Senior Engineering Manager (2)
Senior Manager Interview
I applied online. The process took 2+ months – interviewed at Symantec (Mountain View, CA).
First Interview was over the phone, than hiring manager, after I had interview with his peers. One of his peers, had no experience about the position and was asking me to clarify what it would do for his team. Very awkward! I've got an offer and accepted it, and when I had a chance to interact with that individual, I learned first had he is a master in making people uncomfortable, very unprofessional.
Other Interview Reviews for Symantec
Senior Manager InterviewDeclined Offer
Recruiter call & screen. on site interviews with manager, colleagues and clients. Lots of questions around change management, company seems to be in chaotic state with a good deal of turnover at leadership and manager levels
- Describe how you have handled a change in direction for a project you were leading a large team on. What did you do Answer Question
Senior Manager InterviewNo OfferNeutral ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks – interviewed at Symantec (San Francisco, CA) in May 2011.
Phone Interview lasted for 1 hour. Basic questions regarding team structure, conflict resolution, software development methodology such as agile/scrum. All questions were based on information provided on cv.
I was called on site. There were 4 interviews, 2 people taking the interview at a time. Not very tough. The only negative is that, they ask the team members who will be reporting into you to take your interview. I found lack of maturity on part of these developers to communicate effectively.
Senior Manager InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks – interviewed at Symantec (Springfield, OR) in April 2010.
Behavioral interviewing process. Good communication between application, screening and hiring manager.
- Tell us a time when you encountered a situation that was adversarial. How did you react and what was the outcome? Answer Question
Senior Manager InterviewDeclined OfferNeutral ExperienceAverage Interview
The process took 1 day – interviewed at Symantec in March 2012.
Symantec uses target selection interview techniques ie tell me about a time when you....This applies to non tech roles. These are based around the core competences for the role. If your interviewer isn't writing much they aren't doing there job. If they are writing everything down that you say they are inexperienced. To prepare consider the core skills and thing of examples where you demonstrated them. Have fun with it.
Reasons for Declining
Better offer internally in relation to salary and line mgr.
Senior Manager InterviewAccepted OfferNegative ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months – interviewed at Symantec in March 2010.
unstructured, meandering phone interview. success tied directly into hiring director's motivation to fill position.
- No difficult questions. Interview was unstructured and non-standard. (I.e., no HR representative attended, no standard questionaire was used. 1 Answer
Senior Manager InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks – interviewed at Symantec (Tokyo (Japan)) in May 2008.
At first, I send a resume and it will be checked by HR and hiring manager.
Secondly, I had two interview with hiring manager and his boss, it took 1 hour.
Thirdly, had an interview with president of Japan division, it took half an hour.
Finally, had an interview with member of HR to negotiate with compensation.
- What is your primary idea in your life and its reason? 1 Answer
Is this helpful? The community relies on everyone sharing – Add Anonymous Interview Review