Symantec Senior Manager Interview Questions

2.4

6 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Springfield, OR
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, OR

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Symantec in April 2010.

Behavioral interviewing process. Good communication between application, screening and hiring manager.

Interview Questions
  • Tell us a time when you encountered a situation that was adversarial. How did you react and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Symantec

Senior Manager Interview

Recruiter call & screen. on site interviews with manager, colleagues and clients. Lots of questions around change management, company seems to be in chaotic state with a good deal of turnover at leadership and manager levels

Interview Questions
    • Describe how you have handled a change in direction for a project you were leading a large team on. What did you do   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Symantec in May 2011.

Phone Interview lasted for 1 hour. Basic questions regarding team structure, conflict resolution, software development methodology such as agile/scrum. All questions were based on information provided on cv.

I was called on site. There were 4 interviews, 2 people taking the interview at a time. Not very tough. The only negative is that, they ask the team members who will be reporting into you to take your interview. I found lack of maturity on part of these developers to communicate effectively.

Interview Questions
    • How do you motivate your team?   Answer Question
    • If a developer does not want to expand or grow, where as the bussiness requires him to take leadership. What will you do.   Answer Question

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tokyo (Japan)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tokyo (Japan)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Symantec in May 2008.

At first, I send a resume and it will be checked by HR and hiring manager.
    Secondly, I had two interview with hiring manager and his boss, it took 1 hour.
    Thirdly, had an interview with president of Japan division, it took half an hour.
    Finally, had an interview with member of HR to negotiate with compensation.

Interview Questions
    • What is your primary idea in your life and its reason?   View Answer

Senior Manager Interview

The process took a day - interviewed at Symantec in March 2012.

Symantec uses target selection interview techniques ie tell me about a time when you....This applies to non tech roles. These are based around the core competences for the role. If your interviewer isn't writing much they aren't doing there job. If they are writing everything down that you say they are inexperienced. To prepare consider the core skills and thing of examples where you demonstrated them. Have fun with it.

Better offer internally in relation to salary and line mgr.

Senior Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Symantec in March 2010.

unstructured, meandering phone interview. success tied directly into hiring director's motivation to fill position.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions. Interview was unstructured and non-standard. (I.e., no HR representative attended, no standard questionaire was used.   View Answer

Worked for Symantec? Contribute to the Community!